WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

23 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

whats wrong with Break Out? the only part of it i dont like is the button prompt...because its a little immersion breaking when ur trying to watch an entrance. 

I like the feature. 

It’s not that I hate the feature. I used it a lot around when it was first introduced. I just feel like it’s run it’s course and isn’t used enough to be needed. You literally just walk out from behind the curtain…no weapon, no nothing….instead of running out and attacking your opponent. And what if they’re halfway or almost done with their entrance and you’re awkwardly walking or running down the entrance ramp hoping they don’t see you? The crowd doesn’t even react to seeing you. And after a match, how many times do you really use post-match breakout versus how many times you hit the button by accident? Plus all the time spent on animations for interrupting every specific moment of every specific entrance. I wouldn’t miss it if it were gone. It adds nothing to the gameplay in my opinion.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw something about gameplay being redone from yukes system which was real limiting for them. Sounds promising like it could open up some possibilities for this game but “redone gameplay “ sounds like something said every year and is just bs to say they had to redo game and could be a mess. 

5 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

whats wrong with Break Out? the only part of it i dont like is the button prompt...because its a little immersion breaking when ur trying to watch an entrance. 

I like the feature. 

Like many things - it wasn’t what it really should be. I’m a firm believer it’s a good idea but it like so much to the game it needs a lot of work. 

I did/do use breakout a lot but i'm not entirely against it being taken back to the drawing board for now, especially since its potential really isn't realized in universe mode where it doesn't really effect storylines at all, and in my experience tend to cause bugs.

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

One thing this series needs are plenty of  new hairstyles..

Either via a dlc caw parts pack or from the get go in the next game. .

Yeah, and it also needs a lot of facial hair styles for created superstars. I’m still longing for a long Odin/Gandalf the Gray beard in the goatee section. (I’d be ultra happy if it took 8 points if there’s still restrictions, or 12-16 max. There are different ways to create hair cards that optimise performance, so here’s to hoping for the best. ??). Or at the very least, Ivar’s long beard in the goatee section.

Hopefully, with the mention of fantasy elements in the recent promo materials, something like more and better hair options should be a thing. Since there’s already a Super Saiyan 1 hair I’m hoping for Super Saiyan 2 and especially Super Saiyan 3 hairs from DBZ as well. 

As for the breakout system, I would like to have seen options where the winner checks to see if their opponent is alright, and an option to help them up, and to shake their hand. It could be an option with face vs. face.

I want the crowd to sound realistic and react to almost everything they’re watching. I don’t wanna hear the same audience sound effects on a loop. The crowd is part of the drama of a match. The second I see an official entrance where the crowd noise is nonexistent, it will feel as if nothing has changed and we’re in for more of the same, behind all the pretty bells and whistles. I feel like the crowd doesn’t get enough credit for being an integral part of pro wrestling gameplay. You don’t get into matches that have no crowd response.

Well, in real life, the crowds need a story and an investment to get into the matches. The final matches being payoffs for the feuds and rivalries that have been drawn out over time. Universe could benefit from out of arena cut scenes and fights. Just my two cents, of course.

I’d also want to see the eventual return of story designer and create a move. Some day. Hopefully 2k23 or 2k24 if not 2k22.

I don’t remember the year…it was one of the 2K games….but there was a patch, and the first match I had after this patch, the crowd was loud and going insane for everything happening in the match. It made the match 10x more fun. After that match, the crowd went back to being silent. No clue what was up with that one match, but it was a step in the right direction because the crowd noise was there for it. I don’t know the intricacies of how to make it happen and have it sound natural in gameplay and not choppy. 

3 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

I did/do use breakout a lot but i'm not entirely against it being taken back to the drawing board for now, especially since its potential really isn't realized in universe mode where it doesn't really effect storylines at all, and in my experience tend to cause bugs.

Its a good feature, but it needs to be polished.
That goes for a lot of things in this game.
Its one of the things where you always could see Yukes talent.
They came up with good modes and systems over the years, but lacked the time to polish them.

Of course we need more stuff like hair, beards etc...no question about that.
Im more for details to be honest.
I want for example more that you can use beards with all jackets or masks, not being told i cant have this hair and this shirt.
I want a more detailed crowd, more referees(hell let me create referees) etc.
Thats strangely where im going mostly.
Its the details like that the mat bounces, the ropes move.

Sure i want big changes too, but most people ask for the stuff i want so im more the one who thinks about the little details that make a game feel much more alive.

One thing i wish they'd add to Community Creations is custom titantrons, i mean we can make custom trons with images and effects, why not allow us to upload them to community creations? never understood why they wont let us upload those to CC. Its very annoying having to watch someone do a tutorial on youtube on how to make a certain tron for someone and having to individually get the images and try and piece them together the way the guy doing the tutorial did it.

My dream feature would be for them to add the ability to upload videos to make actual titantrons for people and be able to use actual wrestling show and ppv intros instead of having to choose preset videos.

Another addition I want to see in community creations is letting us see advanced entrances formulas that caws have instead of downloading the caw and see it for ourselves like see which theme they used  the trons the motions lights pyros etc I feel like that might be good

I have a theory on the new controls for

WWE 2K22 and why the controls for

WWE 2k15-19 may not be capatible...

We have only seen the basic controls and not the advanced and after carefully looking into the basic controls and looking into the past games like some n64 games and even raw 2 on the xbox and past svr games this is my theory on why we need the new controls over the 15-19 controls a majority are complaining about not having.

Light Attack and Strong attack- Are we alk sure these are only striking contols.

Moving Grapple Button- I don't think its just a button move and we still exacute the same way keep in mind they say the game hits different.

Combining Strike or Attack Buttons after exacuting Grapples....

If you look at No Mercy after tapping or holding to start a grapple with the A button there are Grapples with the A button after but there are Grapples with striking button B after the intitial lockup. My theory is this...

Press X for light attack strikes with left analog stick to do different light attack strikes.

Press A for heavy attack strike with left analog stick to do different heavy attack strikes.

Press B to exacute grapple lock up followed by...

B and left analog to do your different medium attack grapples

X and left analog to do your different light attack grapples

A and left analog to do your different heavy attack grapples

RT+B and left analog to do your different submission grapples.

This would explain why the need for 2 different attack buttons for striking and why the controls for wwe 2k19 are not compatible for this game. It may even explain the new combos category on the left menu. It would also explain why there are no longer any notes about tap for light or hold for strong next to the B grapple button on the new basic controls layout in past games.   Again this is only a theory but again we have not seem the actual advanced controls.

Screenshot_20211118-103727.png

I like that there’s basic and advanced controls because it fits that “easy to pick up, difficult to master” motif. Also reminds me of NBA 2K. It’s a step in the right direction but I’ll have to wait until the game comes out and people play it to see whether or not the game feels good and smooth to play with those controls. I don’t hate it….I just think it’s interesting for now. I wonder which or how many attacks dodge applies to. 

Ya know one thing that just occurred to me, with Rey's showcase that means we will probably finally get 2005 heel Eddie with the highlights and his heel theme song, man i loved his heel theme "Can you feel the heat!!!", cause i can't see them not having the ladder match from Summerslam 05 for the battle over Dominic in Rey's showcase. I've wanted the 2005 heel Eddie in a game for years, cause they always give us his 2004 version with the same tights every time he's in a game.

2 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Ya know one thing that just occurred to me, with Rey's showcase that means we will probably finally get 2005 heel Eddie with the highlights and his heel theme song, man i loved his heel theme "Can you feel the heat!!!", cause i can't see them not having the ladder match from Summerslam 05 for the battle over Dominic in Rey's showcase. I've wanted the 2005 heel Eddie in a game for years, cause they always give us his 2004 version with the same tights every time he's in a game.

We might have three Eddies. Domminc ladder match. Wrestleman 21 match and the WCW Halloween havoc.

26 minutes ago, miguelnuva said:

We might have three Eddies. Domminc ladder match. Wrestleman 21 match and the WCW Halloween havoc.

Oh man thats gonna be awesome, we'll get WCW Eddie, and 2005 heel Eddie, by far my two favorite eras of his. I just hope for the 2005 version that they make him really jacked and huge, cause he was really jacked around 2005, much bigger than he ever was in WCW and even in 2004. So i hope they don't just copy and past his WCW body with his 2005 model.

7 hours ago, tbonetaker said:

I have a theory on the new controls for

WWE 2K22 and why the controls for

WWE 2k15-19 may not be capatible...

We have only seen the basic controls and not the advanced and after carefully looking into the basic controls and looking into the past games like some n64 games and even raw 2 on the xbox and past svr games this is my theory on why we need the new controls over the 15-19 controls a majority are complaining about not having.

Light Attack and Strong attack- Are we alk sure these are only striking contols.

Moving Grapple Button- I don't think its just a button move and we still exacute the same way keep in mind they say the game hits different.

Combining Strike or Attack Buttons after exacuting Grapples....

If you look at No Mercy after tapping or holding to start a grapple with the A button there are Grapples with the A button after but there are Grapples with striking button B after the intitial lockup. My theory is this...

Press X for light attack strikes with left analog stick to do different light attack strikes.

Press A for heavy attack strike with left analog stick to do different heavy attack strikes.

Press B to exacute grapple lock up followed by...

B and left analog to do your different medium attack grapples

X and left analog to do your different light attack grapples

A and left analog to do your different heavy attack grapples

RT+B and left analog to do your different submission grapples.

This would explain why the need for 2 different attack buttons for striking and why the controls for wwe 2k19 are not compatible for this game. It may even explain the new combos category on the left menu. It would also explain why there are no longer any notes about tap for light or hold for strong next to the B grapple button on the new basic controls layout in past games.   Again this is only a theory but again we have not seem the actual advanced controls.

Screenshot_20211118-103727.png

Any feedback on this post on the new gameplay theory in the controls for wwe2k22?

53 minutes ago, miguelnuva said:

now that i think about it. Mattel has a WWE action figure of child Dominik coming out. 2k is totally gonna put like a 9yr old Dominik in a cutscene.

1 hour ago, eastcoastkody said:

now that i think about it. Mattel has a WWE action figure of child Dominik coming out. 2k is totally gonna put like a 9yr old Dominik in a cutscene.

Plus Dominik is in the game as an adult, so i totally see kid Dominik being in a cutscene for the Eddie and Rey ladder match from Summerslam 2005.

The only thing I kinda hope for with MyFaction is because it's gonna be a MT focused mode, that like NBA 2K's MyTeam having a lot of classic basketball players because of the mode, that the MyFaction mode gives the devs and WWE more motivation to getting alumni in this game, hopefully usable outside of MyFaction too.

7 hours ago, tbonetaker said:

Any feedback on this post on the new gameplay theory in the controls for wwe2k22?

As far as I can remember, No Mercy also made use of holding A for strong grapples (though that was the initial button press, so pressing A or B in any direction would result in a strong grapple attack). Merely pressing A at a clinch up would lead to all of the weak grapple attack options. Or, that’s how I remembered the controls.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived