WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for finishers requiring some degree of challenge to pull off such as in No Mercy you held down the grapple button and flicked the directional stick, or Allstars where you had to taunt to activate your finisher first. It kinda put you in danger of not being able to pull of your finisher and losing it thanks to loss of momentum. I'm not a real big fan of just storing finishers and then being able to use them with a press of a button as you please if much later down the match. I think a finisher should happen as a result of the culmination of a high point during a match when one guy reaches a climax in momentum due to getting the better of their opponent. With that said I'm not sure how finishers in this game are gonna work now with the new control schemes, it seems like they may be too difficult or tedious to pull off.

30 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Should be easy enough to get used to. Didn’t like the feeling of it in 2K20, but such is life.

I'll happily take a trigger and face button combination over trying to hit two face buttons at once, That was far more grating.

2 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

I'm all for finishers requiring some degree of challenge to pull off such as in No Mercy you held down the grapple button and flicked the directional stick, or Allstars where you had to taunt to activate your finisher first. It kinda put you in danger of not being able to pull of your finisher and losing it thanks to loss of momentum. I'm not a real big fan of just storing finishers and then being able to use them with a press of a button as you please if much later down the match. I think a finisher should happen as a result of the culmination of a high point during a match when one guy reaches a climax in momentum due to getting the better of their opponent. With that said I'm not sure how finishers in this game are gonna work now with the new control schemes, it seems like they may be too difficult or tedious to pull off.

Im 50/50 on that.
Because part of me loves if a match can suddenly change its course completely because someone made a finisher he had stored.
Makes it more unpredictable.
The Whole spirit/momentum thing is cool, but i think i prefer the storing more.
It just makes things more unpredictable.

Personally the control scheme doesnt really bother me, i got used to 2k20s fast.
But no doubt its more complicated than it needs to be.

I'm just hoping the INDPSPIRIT crew comes back. I'm enjoying their content on 2k19. Also, I'm hoping the carry moves haven't been removed.

I'm okay with the two buttons for finishers since when you think about it, in Here Comes the Pain, and they had L1 for finishers. And in 2k19, you it Triangle for it.So, it's basically a fusion of sorts. 

Also, I hope they kept the entrances for all the wrestlers. That was one thing that ticked me off about 2k15

10 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Well we already know there’s what…over 3000 to 4000 new moves because they recaptured a lot of things? The series needed it imo. I hope we are pleasantly surprised. The moves topics get shorter and shorter every year because the game has so much stuff, which is awesome.

Well one good thing that came out so far and is good for the future, is that they had enough time to rewrite the engine or whatever technical programm, that makes it possible for them to add stuff without having to get rid of others.

That was one problem i didnt knew the series had.
They only could add a certain amount of stuff and had to get rid of old things due to restrictions in the games base.
Allegedly they were able to get rid of that...so it should at least in terms of animation, be very good for players going forward.

I knew that the engines age and restrictions were a pain, even with the semi-rebuild it got for 2K15, but I wasn't aware it was that bad. It doesn't entirely surprise me that 2K20 was such a disaster if it was such a mess that literally only yukes could make sense of it.

If its true, then 2k19 is even more a wonder with all the restrictions etc the game itself has.
Imagine having to work on a mess of a code...and having to deal with all kinds of nonsense from wwe,2k etc.
That we got the quality we had the last few years, shows the talent Yukes has.

If they got rid of such Restrictions from the game side, then the one year break was a absolute success.

imagine if Story Designer was still in this series. And if we had a live service model. 

They could sell us the stupid golden Cleopatra egg as a prop. Let it replace the Urn in cutscenes or something. 

ppl would make so many weird cool stories to download. Like an Uncharted story or something. Have a Nathan Drake CAW vs. mummies. Winner gets the egg

u could create ur own ending to this "who stole Vince's egg" thing. Its fun things like this they need to think about. Especially with how fast the wrestling world moves. It takes too long for the WWE games or action figures to catch up. Because they are at least a year behind.

You just don’t win anything by beating Towers. I thought it would unlock an achievement/trophy if you beat all the Towers, but you got nothing, unless you beat the million dollar tower and/or your name is Stephan T. Benson. I like them but I wouldn’t miss them, nor would I miss Road To Glory. The five star system can go, Originals can go, a lot of moves needed to be recaptured to give the game a fresh feel, stored finishers can go, break out isn’t needed, there’s alot that can go in my opinion. The game needed a complete overhaul in many places and I hope it got the love it needed for all the time it’s taken.

My favorite part of creating a moveset is picking out Strong Strikes. Hopefully those are still a thing. Wish we could choose more with the help of a move modifier button.

4 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

You just don’t win anything by beating Towers. I thought it would unlock an achievement/trophy if you beat all the Towers, but you got nothing, unless you beat the million dollar tower and/or your name is Stephan T. Benson. I like them but I wouldn’t miss them, nor would I miss Road To Glory. The five star system can go, Originals can go, a lot of moves needed to be recaptured to give the game a fresh feel, stored finishers can go, break out isn’t needed, there’s alot that can go in my opinion. The game needed a complete overhaul in many places and I hope it got the love it needed for all the time it’s taken.

whats wrong with Break Out? the only part of it i dont like is the button prompt...because its a little immersion breaking when ur trying to watch an entrance. 

I like the feature. 

I don't even enjoy towers gameplay anyway. "Oh here's a bunch of matches where we made the AI cheating even more blatant, have fun!". One of the main reasons I hated 2K20s DLC. Better off just giving us back the never ending gauntlet/slobberknocker match.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived