WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit i'm looking forward to seeing the next gen version in action, considering the last time we got a new gen version it was damn near a reboot of the series that ripped a huge amount of content out to rebuild it back up so to see the contrast here will be very interesting indeed. Lucky me I have my PS5.

Not sure about 2K22 but I do hope this "rebuilt engine" they're touting allows for the extra positions that I know they've wanted to implement but haven't been able to as of yet, more move positions and more variety is never a bad thing, especially for a moves whore like me, lol.

AJ Francis/Top Dolla of Hit Row who just got released did an interview with Busted Open Radio where he said at one point Hit Row was to be DLC for WWE 2K22. Not sure if that's been changed now that they've been released but would find it hard for the devs to move out from that at this point.

Also saw that the former Aleister Black has said on Twitch that he will not be in WWE 2K22.

58 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

AJ Francis/Top Dolla of Hit Row who just got released did an interview with Busted Open Radio where he said at one point Hit Row was to be DLC for WWE 2K22. Not sure if that's been changed now that they've been released but would find it hard for the devs to move out from that at this point.

Well....this guy is a talkative dude, holy crap. Not even past 90 days and already on Busted Open. And I think they might not make it in as DLC because despite being "too late" as of now, post-release content is a variable. That is, they can easily say "nah take him or her out of DLC" and it happens. Daniel Bryan was supposed to be DLC for SVR 2011 and then...a necktie came into the picture and he was cut from the company and DLC was scrapped.

1 hour ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Also saw that the former Aleister Black has said on Twitch that he will not be in WWE 2K22.

The Story I read said they were meeting about action figures and while in Stamford they got to play the game which is entirely plausible. It did not say they were DLC… HitRow didn’t really become a thing until recently anyways… pretty late in the process 

Yeah, I doubt Hit Row being in the game now if they weren’t supposed to be in until DLC. But atleast that points in the direction of new wrestlers being DLC again, which is great. 

As for PS5, my chief concerns are the graphics and my creations reaching as many people as possible. I have to grab one eventually, as I’m guessing AEW and definitely TWC are gonna be next gen only. I dunno….let’s see what happens these next few months.

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

The Story I read said they were meeting about action figures and while in Stamford they got to play the game which is entirely plausible. It did not say they were DLC… HitRow didn’t really become a thing until recently anyways… pretty late in the process 

Nah, AJ said they were told they were gonna get an action figure and be DLC in the video game. If you're saying that's not true though.....

silver lining. With the game being delayed so long.....Hopefully we'll get ppl that wouldn't have originally made the cut before the delay.

Somebody like Bronn Breaker. Odyssey Jones. Doudrop. Veer. Rick Boogs. Creed Brothers. Carmelo Hayes. Joe Gacy. Ikemen Jiro. Toxic Attraction. 

With them losing so many ppl in the last year. They can really fill some roster holes with legends, NXT and NXT UK ppl.

Bronn Breaker is a good way for us to finally get a legit Frankensteiner in the game. I think the best ones so far is the one from the Fire Pro series. Or the one in Toukon Retsuden 3

In the press release for MyTeam, it said we could pair up superstars from “every era” of WWE. I’m probably reading too much into that but I’ve been big on there being wrestlers dating back to the 60s and 70s in these games, as WWE (and thus, the WWE title) existed long before Hulk Hogan.

Thats why i don't find the Showcase modes interesting. Because its stuff we've already seen before and that we all know. 

A showcase mode based on moments and matches that we haven't really seen would interest me. A showcase on the pre-WrestleMania era of WWF.  I seen every damn match of Hogan, Austin, Rey, HBK etc. But u give me a Showcase with Bruno, Backlund, Iron Sheik, Buddy Rogers, Billy Graham and ppl like that. Then u have my attention

I'm glad Ricky is posting a lot again, even if he's got to be a bit cryptic at times. Half the fun is parsing what he says, and it helps that he's always been honest and helpful.. more so than any of their actual social media guys, in fact.

The new camera angles reminds me of the angles we had pre-WWE '13, such as in SvR 2011. I suspect it'll pull out to the usual camera angles for multi-man matches.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived