WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

14 minutes ago, Graeme Jones said:

MTX in full priced games ARE NOT acceptable.

Exactly.
Free to play i can understand...but thats about it.
If the gaming industry would have evolved with it in a different way, i may even could support it on full price games...because the idea of additional content is great.
But since the gaming industry has been greedy with it, locked content behind it and stuff...its especially in Full Price games unacceptable.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That attitude of "I don't mind it" is exactly why they get away with it. If people had stood up to it in every fascet years ago then maybe we could have mitigated the rise of a ridiculous greed culture within game publishers.

If I pay full price, I expect the full game, full stop. Ubisoft, EA, 2K, Activision, and every other money grubbing asshole publisher and developer under the sun can take their microtransactions and shove them so far up their own asses they start coughing up VC.

3 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

That attitude of "I don't mind it" is exactly why they get away with it. If people had stood up to it in every facet years ago then maybe we could have mitigated the rise of a ridiculous greed culture within game publishers.

You're not wrong.

9 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

That attitude of "I don't mind it" is exactly why they get away with it. If people had stood up to it in every fascet years ago then maybe we could have mitigated the rise of a ridiculous greed culture within game publishers.

If I pay full price, I expect the full game, full stop. Ubisoft, EA, 2K, Activision, and every other money grubbing asshole publisher and developer under the sun can take their microtransactions and shove them so far up their own asses they start coughing up VC.

we would also prob never got all the extra content that comes with full games and dlc

I haven't been on CAWs.ws very much since the redesign.  Something about it... anyway... since the Wrestling Legends Forum is long extinct, I am here.

I've been working on championship belt plates for custom belts.  Well, WCW belts.  But my big gold is going to look better than ever.  Assuming that myself and the community as a whole don't skip another game like 2K20, that is.  We shall see.

If games with MTs were created where the items you could unlock were still easy to get and that MTs were only seen as a really quick fix if you just want to get everything right away that would be fine. But just about every game with MTs is developed to make the grind feel as long and tedious as possible so buying MTs with real money seems more and more like the best idea. They try and put you into these positions to make them as tempting as possible, which is what makes them bullshit and not just a "hey, who cares if they are there" kind of issue

news flash those New Moves Packs we all enjoy every year....are a micro transaction.

not all microtransactions are made equal. So we need a new word or something. Because this word has just become a blanket statement....corporate boogey man buzzword now.

Me paying for "unlock all" is a bad microtransaction (thats luckily "included in the season pass")

2K putting out a "Christmas Creature" skin for Kane during the holidays....is a microtransaction i would happily buy.

them putting Legends characters that have been in the series for years, behind a paywall or a massive grind that urges us to buy VC or something. Bad microtransaction.

Them putting out a bundle of Dolph Ziggler skins so u get his looks from 2009-2013. A good microtransaction

VC is super easy to obtain in-game if you enjoy playing exhibition matches, and/or, like me, enjoy testing out your caws. And once you’ve unlocked everything, you just keep building up VC you don’t do anything with. People are making a big thing out of nothing. Those who want extra VC quick can now get it without grinding through countless exhibition matches if they don’t want to, and WWE 2K makes extra income that they wouldn’t have had otherwise.

It’s like people want the most they can possibly get for the least they can possibly pay. The more money 2K makes off this game, the more the next one is funded. What about that don’t you all understand? This is very likely 2K/ Visual Concepts’ last chance at producing a big seller and a fully functional WWE game. I want them to make as much money as they can from it. The game might have features like GM Mode, War Games and cross-platform community creations, and all I’m hearing on here is bitching because you can now pay a whole 1 dollar and 99 cents to get some extra VC. I doubt it’s much more than that. Realistically, you truly believe they’re gonna hide things behind a paywall more than usual DLC packs?

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

VC is super easy to obtain in-game if you enjoy playing exhibition matches, and/or, like me, enjoy testing out your caws. And once you’ve unlocked everything, you just keep building up VC you don’t do anything with. People are making a big thing out of nothing. Those who want extra VC quick can now get it without grinding through countless exhibition matches if they don’t want to, and WWE 2K makes extra income that they wouldn’t have had otherwise.

It’s like people want the most they can possibly get for the least they can possibly pay. The more money 2K makes off this game, the more the next one is funded. What about that don’t you all understand? This is very likely 2K/ Visual Concepts’ last chance at producing a big seller and a fully functional WWE game. I want them to make as much money as they can from it. The game might have features like GM Mode, War Games and cross-platform community creations, and all I’m hearing on here is bitching because you can now pay a whole 1 dollar and 99 cents to get some extra VC. I doubt it’s much more than that. Realistically, you truly believe they’re gonna hide things behind a paywall more than usual DLC packs?

"It's so easy to obtain"

"It's quicker to get now without having to grind through countless matches"

These two statements contradict each other. If you want this game to succeed, more power to you, but you can do so without championing MTs and making the game a bigger grind and worse for everyone else. If you somehow think these additional MTs will somehow make the game even bigger and better too you clearly aren't paying attention to the Maddens and the FIFAs that make bank in this department and still have mountains of problems despite them making so much.

This additional revenue doesn't go back into making these games bigger and better for all. This additional revenue means they spend more time and effort adding more and more microtransactions

You’re right, I don’t follow what FIFA and Madden are doing lately. In Madden’s case, I’ve never once paid for anything other than the game itself, so I don’t know what they’ve got happening on the mtx front. And my usage of the word “grinding” in relation to matches is just me mirroring those out there who, believe it or not, see the matches as a “grind”……literally the main purpose and function of wrestling games. Lol. To myself, getting VC is the easiest thing in the world. If they make that harder, I won’t kick and scream…I’ll just accept it and play my matches anyway. I’ve never once had an issue getting VC. But you seem to be hinting at other things being locked behind a paywall and I seriously doubt that at this point in time, other than the obvious DLC packs, which, as eastcoastkody said, are also mtx.

I’ve fought them on a lot of things, some stupid little details and some important and “big picture”, but mtx aren’t my hill to die on. I just see it as the direction the gaming industry, particularly action sports genre, is going in and I embrace it because I want these games to be something 2K makes a significant profit from enough to not defund the dev team going forward, if there is indeed a relationship to be had with 2K going forward. I pitched several “upsells” in the feedback project, so you’re damn right I’m going to be on the side of the team and game making more money beyond just its retail price, because I know the market is out there and the people who are into these games are passionate enough to spend some extra money from time to time.

2 hours ago, A N T I - said:

You’re right, I don’t follow what FIFA and Madden are doing lately. In Madden’s case, I’ve never once paid for anything other than the game itself, so I don’t know what they’ve got happening on the mtx front. And my usage of the word “grinding” in relation to matches is just me mirroring those out there who, believe it or not, see the matches as a “grind”……literally the main purpose and function of wrestling games. Lol. To myself, getting VC is the easiest thing in the world. If they make that harder, I won’t kick and scream…I’ll just accept it and play my matches anyway. I’ve never once had an issue getting VC. But you seem to be hinting at other things being locked behind a paywall and I seriously doubt that at this point in time, other than the obvious DLC packs, which, as eastcoastkody said, are also mtx.

I’ve fought them on a lot of things, some stupid little details and some important and “big picture”, but mtx aren’t my hill to die on. I just see it as the direction the gaming industry, particularly action sports genre, is going in and I embrace it because I want these games to be something 2K makes a significant profit from enough to not defund the dev team going forward, if there is indeed a relationship to be had with 2K going forward. I pitched several “upsells” in the feedback project, so you’re damn right I’m going to be on the side of the team and game making more money beyond just its retail price, because I know the market is out there and the people who are into these games are passionate enough to spend some extra money from time to time.

You're embracing something that won't make this game bigger. All you're doing is championing something that'll make this game more frustrating. Instead of worrying about ways for 2K to squeeze more money from the consumer base under some guise that, "they just need more money, then the game will get good guys", maybe just focus on ways to make the game better. Especially since you don't seem to see how bad these additional revenue streams are in other games and how they don't do jack to improve the quality.

"VC is easy to get in game" this ignores that they have actively made the amount you get per match less in the last 3 releases while increasing the number of unlocks and the price of those unlocks. Are you going to seriously sit there and tell me 2K will be able to resist the urge to make that even worse in order to push their MTs? If so, I have a bridge you may be interested in.

I don't even like the goddamn accelerator being something you have to pay for, MTs can get *censored*ed and the people who defend them can join them.

If 2K have the gall to release WWE 2K20 in the state that it was without any type of discount, don't really think they deserve more money for their product from this fanbase. They absolutely do not deserve to be cheered on or given the benefit of the doubt for anything right now. Especially something as predatory as additional microtransactions that are solely there to make their self-programmed slow grind easier.

Next, we might as well start championing the idea of them putting the likes of Stone Cold and The Rock as DLC simply because they are popular and can make more money by taking them out of the base game.

13 hours ago, A N T I - said:

You paid the same price for a god damn broken wwe2k20 as i did for a Batman Arkham city etc.
"Want the most for the least" is in terms of wwe2k the possible worst take you could have.
There are tons of 60$ games out there that deliver twice what 2k does with the wwe games, hell even their NBA2k delivers more than WWE2k.
Because what 2k delivers for years, isnt even close to us getting the most...we get crumbs for years and people like you go "Thank you oh lords, please, spit in my mouth so i may taste your greatness...your humble servant awaits your orders."

And would it be so bad if 2k/VC would lose the license...after 2k20, after all those years of barely any progress?
How is his angle even a thing that its our duty to just give them money? Ehm, how about they deliver a good game that is worth it?
They had years to do so, just because they are now in a bad spot thanks to messing up...its on us to throw money at them just so that they can save their asses?

There is no justification or defense for Microtransactions, none.
You can accept that they exist, but the moment you defend a developer locking content behind such a disgusting tactic, we all lose.

16 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

There is no justification or defense for Microtransactions, none.
You can accept that they exist, but the moment you defend a developer locking content behind such a disgusting tactic, we all lose.

You're not wrong.

i will say NBA 2K, Madden, Fifa, Baseball games etc.....have all gotten worse over the years with the introduction of microtransactions.

But this is a wrestling game. Which you can't really compare to team sports games. Its more akin to a fighting game.

I dont like paywall or added grinds to force my hand to purchase in-game currency type microtransaction mechanics.

But i am 100% all for a live service game as a service type wrestling game with weekly marketplace items.  Imagine one week they want to celebrate the Attitude Era. And in the marketplace you can buy Gangrel,  new Godfather taunts, show specific HBK attires etc.  Bring on those type of microtransactions

It would suck if they use microtransactions to charge us for stuff that they were giving us for free before like the post above said. Imagine if they start selling us Ultimate Warrior or Macho Man alt attires that were free to select in caw mode for years now, or entrances that have been in for years  from legends that used to be in before like Stone Colds buggy entrance.

Microtransactions were acceptable when they started and that was in Free to Play MMOs that used them to give you new costumes for characters, mostly comsmetic things and some time based stuff that will reduce the time to achieve something that didn't hurt anyone in the game nor made it a "pay to win" situation.

Unfortunately, all went to hell when some companies started to take advantage of this system placing it in offline games or adding it as a "pay to win" option so they could milk as much as possible in short time hurting themselves longterm like it was the case in quite few mmos that ended up closing their doors at the end because the biggest part of their community left.

After people however got used to it and eat up all the DLC excuses for some games from some companies that are taking advantage of the whole thing, it all became even worse and that's the result of it. :(

Microtransactions are acceptable and tolerable enough for me if mainly used for cosmetics and nothing affects gameplay or the gaming experience but the cosmetics and stuff should clearly be made post launch amd not just obviously cut from the main game.

I can't defend their existence but can accept and understand it in certain games such as free to play and mmo's.

I defend a lot of things in wwe 2k games but I don't trust 2K at all with microtransactions and their directions with dlc

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived