WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it's not really a stretch here to make that as an educated guess though. The results of that poll a year or two ago were quite public and 2K is smart enough to know at least that they cannot under any circumstances just put out a reskin of 2K20. If there was any mode they were gonna add, it would be GM mode at this junction.

The real question is, how restrictive is it. Is it pure booking matches and looking at graphs? Is it kind of a combo with universe where we can set up rivalries on the shows and play them out while also worrying about things like contract costs and such? Are we restricted to using WWE brand shows? I'd the AI better at it now or is it utter bullshit like the old days of gm mode? Is this the only mode that got a major focus or did some other modes that badly needed revamping and expanding get some love? Has this mode been thoroughly bug tested?

I'm cautiously optimistic. Even 2Ks higher ups must realize just how much is riding on this game being a triumph.

Definitely nothing earth shattering with this potential news but I've seen some pessimism on GM Mode's chances of being included for some reason? Maybe it's pessimism in general with the franchise overall? Either way, seeing anyone besides the normal fake WWE 2K "insiders" saying things about WWE 2K was interesting and worth sharing, even if GM mode feels like a given this time around.

What can really "save" wwe2k22 from being another wwe2k20 fiasco other than:

- caw mode based on wwe2k19 caw mode

- GM mode based on previous universe modes

- increase in caw slots & logo limit

- Cross plattform caws

- meaningfull dlc, real wrestlers not fantasy

• 2 weeks later...

God I hope the VC is only for MyPlayer stuff and not the base game modes like Exhibition/Creation Suite/Universe/Editing Attributes/Unlockables. It would cripple the game otherwise.

I think Greg Hamilton will probably still be in. I'd assume he recorded all the lines as long as the DLC has been set in stone.

Sadly, this is how gaming is in 2021. Game devs/publishers have rationalized that making 59.99 and then making more and more is better than 59.99 and stopping. This was inevitable, with how much money 2K makes from NBA mtx and GTA mtx and RDR2 mtx. WWE missing two game cycles made this an easier choice.

Hopefully if it's just restricted to a mode with no bearing (i.e. myPlayer) or a card game like myTeam, then it can be ignored. That's how I handle it in NBA 2K. MTX? Just don't play the mode with MTX. Simple.

6 hours ago, judas priest superstar said:

Sadly, this is how gaming is in 2021. Game devs/publishers have rationalized that making 59.99 and then making more and more is better than 59.99 and stopping. This was inevitable, with how much money 2K makes from NBA mtx and GTA mtx and RDR2 mtx. WWE missing two game cycles made this an easier choice.

Hopefully if it's just restricted to a mode with no bearing (i.e. myPlayer) or a card game like myTeam, then it can be ignored. That's how I handle it in NBA 2K. MTX? Just don't play the mode with MTX. Simple.

My worry is that they push it into universe, GM, unlockables, or even the creation suite.

12 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

My worry is that they push it into universe, GM, unlockables, or even the creation suite.

I worry about it too. And if they are stupid enough to do that? They are gonna get a LOT of deserved shit flung at their faces.

The only correct response to this Rumor is a hard "NO" followed by another No strenghtened by slamming your fist on the table hard.

There is no "i could live with it" or "as long as its just mycareer" response that is okay.
They sold he community a broken full price game, knowing it was broken.
They release yearly lackluster DLCs, treat the community like idiots...there is no reason to accept or support possible Microtransactions.

Its the worst in general, but even worse than that considering what they pulled in recent years with the WWE games.

53 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

The only correct response to this Rumor is a hard "NO" followed by another No strenghtened by slamming your fist on the table hard.

There is no "i could live with it" or "as long as its just mycareer" response that is okay.
They sold he community a broken full price game, knowing it was broken.
They release yearly lackluster DLCs, treat the community like idiots...there is no reason to accept or support possible Microtransactions.

Its the worst in general, but even worse than that considering what they pulled in recent years with the WWE games.

Yeah, but you know that 2K won't pull MTX out of MyCareer, which is why we're saying "As long as it's only in MyCareer."

I no longer play that shit anyway. But if MTX appears outside of that mode? I. Am. Done.

I don’t mind mtx. They’re missing out on potential extra revenue by not including it. You may not pay for it but someone will. 

They’re making a big mistake not releasing until March, and this Greg Hamilton news is even more proof of that. If the abuser stuff gains traction, they’re gonna have to get someone to re-record all those lines and have a model made of them and what not. The game is gonna be outdated no matter when it releases, and my fear is that so many changes occur after Mania that the game will definitely suffer. Sales come in waves usually. You have “WWE 2K day” when the game releases, usually in October of course, you have Christmas, and THEN you have Wrestlemania as the third wave in game sales if it hasn’t gotten old by then. This time they’re banking on EVERYBODY buying it during Mania season. Godspeed with that. Then it defeats the purpose of buying the game for Christmas going forward because the next game is just 3 months away, y’know? What a mess. Meanwhile, the potential of AEW’s game just makes it more and more incredible.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived