WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EA would at least up the graphics under Frostbite and presentation (commentary and V/O) would be at least improved seismically.  If anything, with the way they handled UFC 4, they did the same to a WWE/EA game in terms of DLC (new fighters and modes at least 2-4 times a year for free) I'd be just peachy about it.

However, EA has done bad in terms of MTX. Very bad. Madden and FIFA and NHL have suffered immensely over the move to MTX heavy modes...leaving legacy issues in it's wake. So yeah, no EA...give it to a smaller more hungry publisher, they would do a better job in 2-3 years time.

I can't see EA doing WWE games but the hate they get is a little bit over the top. There's a lot of microtransactions in the game but at the end of the day there is nothing you cannot get without them (Talking about FIFA, I don't know what's up with their other games). You get weekly database updates, new kits, boots, player faces, some stadiums and other stuff for free, so is not too bad unless you want to play the FUT mode and have the best players since day 1.

I have been playing FIFA and WWE games for a long time and I can confirm that I've spent 0€ in FIFA DLC and a lot of money in WWE games DLC, so I'm not so sure it would be worse

Even Madden isn’t that bad. If you play casually you get a good amount of free items in UT. The problem with EA is once they set on an engine they don’t really make changes. That’s why Madden and NHL get so much backlash bc it’s basically the same game. If EA had WWE this whole time, we would probably still be playing the same version of Universe from WWE 12

Guys, stop. Seriously, stop. I want you to actually think about what you're saying for half a second.

It does not matter if "technically" you can get everything without spending extra cash, it I'd UNDENIABLE that they as a company mandate systems that push the userbase towards spending money on their MTs. It's not a case of making it impossible to unlock something, it's a case of making it so frustrating and tedious that many are left frustrated enough to spend the money.

I do not care if you are a fan of madden. I do not care if you area fan of FIFA. I do not care if you are a fan of UFC. Do NOT excuse the scummy way they design their content drip feed to press people into spending money and thanking them for it.

And this all goes without saying that I can almost guarantee that an EA wrestling game would shirk the single player content to push even more heavily on the multi-player. You know why, you know it's true. Now add that to the fact that wrestling simply is not as big as FIFA, or madden, and that skew of voices is even less likely to be heard.

Pretending thar EA isn't as bad as they are, ignoring their responsibility for the ridiculous whale culture that has invaded the gaming sphere or that they have earned their horrid reputation is dangerous and I am immensely disappointed in anyone who would downplay them.

2K isn't innocent of course, but I'll tell you this. If you've ever complained about having to spend money on the accelerator, I guarantee you it'd be a whole lot worse under the EA umbrella. At least with 2K I've been able to ignore their My Player bullshit. EA would turn that into another rendition of their ultimate team shit and push it a hundred percent harder.

Just hearing about some of the bullshit with the Madden 22 bugs and missing features at launch for another straight year makes me hope that the WWE 2K team can knock it out of the park with the game and making the smart call on delaying it is looked at as a positive. Couldn't stand another 2K20 release or dealing with EA owning the license

I would be curious to see how a EA WWE game would be for sure.
But it wouldnt be my first choice nor my tenth to be honest.

At the moment it isnt a question however, so i rather wait and see where this goes first.
For now, lets see if WWE2k22 can pull it off or not.

I'm opposed to anything that would mean the end of the Yukes engine that VC is trying to keep running.

There's so much tied to that engine, I wouldn't be able to take it if we lost that engine and started from square 1 with General Gameplay, Moves, Animation Data and the Creation Suite etc. It would take forever to catch back up and honestly the main series Simulation WWE games is the backbone of my wrestling fandom. I'd probably get burned out on Wrestling without it. So for me I hope WWE sticks with 2K and that VC can get the ball rolling again to pick up where 2K19 left off.

I would definately laugh when WWE2K22 turns out to be WWE2K19 because they managed to reach the quality of it and add new graphics to make it look like a new game. :p

Seriously so far nothing screams "New Game" or "Improved Game". Rather playable same old game with new graphics and changed wrestlers.

I'll still wait and see how it goes though.

One thing I hope 2K22 fixes is the goddamn run spam from the AI. It's really bad in both 2K19 and 2K20 how obsessed with run attacks the AI is, and they will often spam them at point blank range.

Also hope the Ref finally learns to stay the *Censored* out of the goddamn way.

One thing I'm hoping for is more logical AI when it's com vs com action

The wrestlers that have either flying finisher moves or submission finishers seldom try to get theire opponent "into" position

For both mentoned it's all about getting theire opponent on the ground. 

Nothing is more frustrating than having a highflier lock up with theire opponent and having 3 finishers stored and not "going" for theire finisher by getting theire opponent on the ground..

Been this way forever & a day..

3 hours ago, glennsoe said:

One thing I'm hoping for is more logical AI when it's com vs com action

The wrestlers that have either flying finisher moves or submission finishers seldom try to get theire opponent "into" position

For both mentoned it's all about getting theire opponent on the ground. 

Nothing is more frustrating than having a highflier lock up with theire opponent and having 3 finishers stored and not "going" for theire finisher by getting theire opponent on the ground..

Been this way forever & a day..

AI is really something they should work on.
Its not a lot of fun playing or watching because of the AI.

I can watch hundreds of AI matches in FPW and never get bored, in the 2k games its even less fun watching than playing already is for me.

welp. I think in the nearly 3 year gap between 2k20 and 2k22. We're losing about 53 ppl. So this is who they should replace them with.

Aliyah
Austin Theory
Boa
Cameron Grimes
Commander Azeez
Damian Priest
Danny Burch
Dave Mastiff
Dexter Lumis
Dominik Mysterio
Doudrop
Eddie Dennis
Fabian Aichner
Franky Monet
Ikemen Jiro
Ilja Dragunuv
Indi Hartwell
Isaiah Scott
James Drake
Joaquin Wilde
Joe Coffey
John Morrison
Jordan Devilin
Kacy Catanzaro
Karrion Kross
Kay Lee Ray
Kayden Carter
Kushida
LA Knight
Mace
Mansoor
MVP
Nash Carter
Nox
Odyssey Jones
Omos
Raquel Gonzalez
Raul Mendoza
Reggie
Rick Boogs
Ridge Holland
Santos Escobar
Sarray
Shanky
Shotzi
T-Bar
Timothy Thatcher
Veer
Walter
Wes Lee
Xia Lia
Zack Gibson
Zoey Stark

and some legends they could add.  As most of these ppl have some kinda WWE contract rn.

The Boogeyman
Doink
Harley Race
Hurricane Helms
Jeff Jarrett
Junk Yard Dog
Mr. T
Nigel McGuinness
Paul Orndorff
RVD
Terry Funk
Umaga
William Regal

For me Lost talents is big for me since you need to create them and also their Themes and Titantron will be gone. I just hope they implement a way to import music and even videos.

Also, the thing I am not happy about CAWs is that it takes time to load unless they do something about it. Maybe in PS5 the loading would be flawless but since I am not yet willing to buy a PS5 for now i'll stick with my PS4 till maybe 2K23. Not to mention we still don't know the situation of CAWs in 2K22, if they really fixed the major issues in there.

5 minutes ago, black_machismo said:

For me Lost talents is big for me since you need to create them and also their Themes and Titantron will be gone. I just hope they implement a way to import music and even videos.

Also, the thing I am not happy about CAWs is that it takes time to load unless they do something about it. Maybe in PS5 the loading would be flawless but since I am not yet willing to buy a PS5 for now i'll stick with my PS4 till maybe 2K23. Not to mention we still don't know the situation of CAWs in 2K22, if they really fixed the major issues in there.

Thats the downside yeah.
It doesnt bother me too much because im mainly a original caw guy, but this problem could be solved for everyone...Add Music and video import, 1000+ caw slots and a game that loads the caws fast, and its fine.

11 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Thats the downside yeah.
It doesnt bother me too much because im mainly a original caw guy, but this problem could be solved for everyone...Add Music and video import, 1000+ caw slots and a game that loads the caws fast, and its fine.

Going into the ps5 and series x Era, there's no reason other than Sony and Microsoft refusing that these things couldn't happen.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived