WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i had to hazard a guess with my admittedly limited knowledge of game development, I'd say releasing in march is a relatively new development. It would explain why they promised different marketing and then suddenly went hush hush, as their original schedule plan would've gone out the window.

Now the question is, why was it delayed? Was it delayed because the game is still in poor condition, or was it something they always wanted but only recently got approved? I'm somewhat leaning towards the latter simply because of the way RickyBobby was talking before; perhaps they were doing well but decided to take more time to polish up; in which case i'm quite happy.

-------------

2K19 may not be perfect but my god as someone who's been playing 2K20 constantly from a creation standpoint for the last two years, its heaven. The only reason I didn't go back was the new moves and I got used to the new controls. If we could find a way to backport the new moves from 2K20, the controls (optionally), and the fix for ring rope bounce to 2K19 i'd be set.

Credit:pwinsider

The latest in the WWE video game franchise will be released in March 2022 in order to take advantage of the build to next year's Wrestlemania 38 in Dallas, Texas.

2K's current plan is to have a full announcement of WWE 2K22's features, modes and more, including the reveal of the cover Superstar for the game in January 2022, possibly timed for next year's Royal Rumble PPV.

41 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I like to think that the attires shown are just place holders and will be corrected and updated in the final release

I have a feeling with this too. Since they gave Goldberg his updated look with white beard. But he still has his WCW attire. I hope Kane gets his most recent attire. The singlet with fire design.

I still haven't heard from anywhere of any delays. Radio silence isn't indicative of delays. Look at Rockstar Games. They keep mum really good. They tease a lot but that's all. And don't mention GTA VI, they haven't actually announced it. But they haven't debunked it either. Been busy working on GTAV Online dlcs and upgrades to it for next gen AND remastering the trilogy (3-San Andreas) instead. VI was most likely delayed due to COVID. 2k22 might be delayed but might not be.

Logicly it wasn't delayed since 2k never really gave us a release date until the "march 2022" timeline was displayed at the End of the trailer.

We, the demanding fans takes it as delayed since we have always had the game before Christmas.

Well to me is no big deal the game is delayed if it turns out to be decent, but I think they should release an statement regarding why.

We don't know if they are still working on the gameplay which turned out to be more problematic than expected, or maybe something happened like Bray Wyatt / Daniel Bryan being the focus of the story mode and them having no choice but to remove them and re-do the game mode (unfortunate but understandable as they are heading to AEW and you don't want a star of your biggest competitor being the main focus of your game)

They do 100% need to update attires and appearances though, as otherwise everyone will be 2 years outdated.

And regarding release schedule, they should just release a game each 2 years in order to make significative changes and release a bunch of DLC in the year in between, but probably not going to happen

If the intended release date was around november and the new release date is march then it should mean that the roster cut of date is also pushed back 4-5 months..

So let's say from wrestlemania in April to september is the new unofficial roster cut of date

Should give us plenty of new charachters to include,but also means everyone released won't make the game

Edit Post   Reply   Reply With Quote        

Man, y’all need to invest in a PC and get to modding 19. 

yes, it’s 2 years old, but you can make the game newer than 2K22 will ever be. Plus, it’s the best wrestling game of all time to me IMO. Just beyond stale on consoles. 

19 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Man, y’all need to invest in a PC and get to modding 19. 

yes, it’s 2 years old, but you can make the game newer than 2K22 will ever be. Plus, it’s the best wrestling game of all time to me IMO. Just beyond stale on consoles. 

My problem is gameplay first and foremost...im bored by the WWE2k19 gameplay simply.
And there is no mod for that.
Visually i dont care if the game isnt up to date or so, its the fact that i find it so boring to play.
I do nothing outside of the caw mode...and the god damn white background makes it harder and harder to get back into it.
Seriously people, who thought this bright ass white backgrounds were a good idea?

4 hours ago, glennsoe said:

If the intended release date was around november and the new release date is march then it should mean that the roster cut of date is also pushed back 4-5 months..

So let's say from wrestlemania in April to september is the new unofficial roster cut of date

Should give us plenty of new charachters to include,but also means everyone released won't make the game

Edit Post   Reply   Reply With Quote        

with the normal schedule WWE games have had for 20 years. March seemed to be the cut off for on disc roster. And June seemed to be the cut-off for DLC. With a game releasing in October.

If they switch to this new March schedule for the series. That would put the on disc roster cutoff at August.  And DLC cut off at November.

And with a big chunk of new ppl showing near Mania.  So all the new ppl aren't making DLC. U will have to wait a year for them to be in the new game.

U get the game in March. And a month later when there are like 5 new ppl in NXT and on the main roster. Too bad.  

1 hour ago, eastcoastkody said:

with the normal schedule WWE games have had for 20 years. March seemed to be the cut off for on disc roster. And June seemed to be the cut-off for DLC. With a game releasing in October.

If they switch to this new March schedule for the series. That would put the on disc roster cutoff at August.  And DLC cut off at November.

And with a big chunk of new ppl showing near Mania.  So all the new ppl aren't making DLC. U will have to wait a year for them to be in the new game.

U get the game in March. And a month later when there are like 5 new ppl in NXT and on the main roster. Too bad.  

There has never been a normal schedule for cut off

2 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

My problem is gameplay first and foremost...im bored by the WWE2k19 gameplay simply.
And there is no mod for that.
Visually i dont care if the game isnt up to date or so, its the fact that i find it so boring to play.
I do nothing outside of the caw mode...and the god damn white background makes it harder and harder to get back into it.
Seriously people, who thought this bright ass white backgrounds were a good idea?

Well I personally love the gameplay. Fits my style of play most than any of the other classics. There’s things that can be improved upon but I love it. 

and there’s dozens of mods that change the background. I’m currently rocking a SvR 06 inspired menu. There’s dark mode, AEW, HCTP inspired ones too. It’s one of the reasons I don’t complain about it. :lol: 

also, I have backported moves from 2K20. 

Boy, has anybody seen the rumor floating around that the delay really happened not because WWE wanted it, they wanted the normal October/November release.
Allegedly it was 2k who demanded the march release because they want to take the WM hype with them.

That would be super shitty if true, if the game is pretty much done already and they twirl their thumbs (to exaggerate) for months.

5 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Well I personally love the gameplay. Fits my style of play most than any of the other classics. There’s things that can be improved upon but I love it. 

and there’s dozens of mods that change the background. I’m currently rocking a SvR 06 inspired menu. There’s dark mode, AEW, HCTP inspired ones too. It’s one of the reasons I don’t complain about it. :lol: 

also, I have backported moves from 2K20. 

Then im happy for you, i personally find the gameplay rather boring.
But thats how things are right? Some dont like the Fire Pro gameplay, but i have a ton of fun with the matches.

I saw a few of the backgrounds and im jealous...i have to work with the eyesore that feels like you look straight into a flashlight early in the morning...every moment. XD XD XD

Oh yeah, thats another thing im jealous off, the moves and animations you can bring into 2k19.
Because 2k20 has so many cool moves...urgh.

3 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Boy, has anybody seen the rumor floating around that the delay really happened not because WWE wanted it, they wanted the normal October/November release.
Allegedly it was 2k who demanded the march release because they want to take the WM hype with them.

That would be super shitty if true, if the game is pretty much done already and they twirl their thumbs (to exaggerate) for months.

Then im happy for you, i personally find the gameplay rather boring.
But thats how things are right? Some dont like the Fire Pro gameplay, but i have a ton of fun with the matches.

I saw a few of the backgrounds and im jealous...i have to work with the eyesore that feels like you look straight into a flashlight early in the morning...every moment. XD XD XD

Oh yeah, thats another thing im jealous off, the moves and animations you can bring into 2k19.
Because 2k20 has so many cool moves...urgh.

So you want another 2K20? I don't get it. Yall want good games then shit on the company when they delay the game to make it good. Jesus

44 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

There has never been a normal schedule for cut off

isn't that common knowledge that right before mania is cutoff. And june is cutoff for DLC. Its been that way for over a decade. Im pretty sure they've even told us this.

Im sure there are some exceptions. Like Ronda Rousey being the pre-order bonus. Fiend in 2k20.  In special extenuating cirucmstances. How many on disc wrestlers can u find that showed up after Mania? How many DLC wrestlers can u find that showed up after June?

5 minutes ago, BeastSmG said:

So you want another 2K20? I don't get it. Yall want good games then shit on the company when they delay the game to make it good. Jesus

Funny, i dont remember saying anywhere that i want a unfinished game out.
Maybe re-read what i wrote...or better yet, read my other posts on the topic that make it pretty clear that my problem isnt on the delay itself.

*Sighs* Sometimes people just dont want to read what is written and instead somehow fabricate a narrative. *Sighs*

I don't have issues with delaying the game but the pressure is on 2K now there's no excuses if this game is a fail.   My issue is the lack of communication and marketing. Where's the "transparency" they talked about, cause I haven't seen it since the marketing started.

7 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Funny, i dont remember saying anywhere that i want a unfinished game out.
Maybe re-read what i wrote...or better yet, read my other posts on the topic that make it pretty clear that my problem isnt on the delay itself.

*Sighs* Sometimes people just dont want to read what is written and instead somehow fabricate a narrative. *Sighs*

But you sound like you're complaining about the delay. Maybe you're being cautiously optimistic. If so, I'm sorry for misunderstanding you.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived