WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

This game needed a complete overhaul. Whether it'll be good or not we shall see but continuing to build on the same foundation when that foundation had a slew of issues that never seemed to get fixed was probably not a great strategy for making wholesale improvements to this franchise. The yearly cycle made it pretty much impossible to actually do a deep clean and rebuild too so hopefully they really nail it, else it'll probably mean EA gets their hands on this series and we get to hear all about the exciting Ultimate Team-like mode that WWE 24 or 25 will be featuring 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CROSS-Out said:

I'm certainly not complaining about the delay. More time means more opportunity to fix bugs, add features, add moves (SO MUCH MOVES, LET ME BATHE IN MOVES), etc.

I agree. We need a game that will deliver. We've been waiting years for this opportunity.

My beef is with the marketing side.

Yeah, exactly. It sucks to have to STILL be playing 2K19 but I'd rather play an outdated game for a few more months and hopefully get a really great WWE 2K game again than see them rush out another game and we are staring at WWE 2K20 all over again. Nobody should want that but from the people whining online, certainly seems like some people would rather see a broken yearly release then a company taking time to make something that's good and playable

Plus, if it can get the most up to date versions of some wrestlers, like what we saw at Summerslam from one person in particular, that would be great. 

in theory releasing a game during Mania sounds good. But in practice...its terrible roster wise.

Most of the returns, call ups, debuts happen after Mania. Which works out with the  holiday release schedule. Because they have enough time to get those ppl in the game before it ships. And at worst, they can be last minute DLC options. 

coming out near Mania. The game will be way more outdated a couple months after release

Think it's too early to say. Clearly the things that were at one time kinda predictable from roster and DLC expectations is no longer the case. Maybe this series will no longer be yearly which will lead to updates and DLC being spread out a little more and giving those WM debuts into the game. We really don't know what their new outlook on these things are at this point.

My first reaction was to laugh out loud because this marketing is so absolutly atrocious that you can even get mad.

Lets leave the relase itself aside, has its own problems but seems the smartest idea to use the WM hype.

My problem is the marketing.
They annouce the game early this year with big promises of more communication etc, finishing the teaser with "coming soon".
Then they release a few BTS animation clips on social media...before going radio silent.
Nothing, utter silence, no word of any delays or anything...not even when during the investors call the delays of games were annouced.

So what does the fan do? Of course expect the usual release window, because why the hell not?
Nobody says anything, no word that people shouldnt expect it or anything.
Because they promised better communication right? So if something like a delay or so happens, they would tell right?

So then Summerslam comes around and they speak to the fans again, throwing 2 screenshots out and telling fans to be excited for the SummerSlam because they will show something.

Then they release a 30 second clip that is the same as always, nice looking but saying nothing...except a March 2022 release window.
And now people stand here baffled that they suddenly have to wait another 7 months?

Is anybody actually fine with any of this?
I mean i could understand if we got a 2 minute trailer with tons of infos and stuff...but after a 30 second teaser trailer that tells the fan to wait additional 7 months?

That must be the shittiest Marketing Campaign, the biggest middle Finger to fans i have ever seen.
Utter disrespect and disregard to the community you promised to do better.

I don't see why 2K had to wait till now to announce the game is coming out later, why didn't they do it Thursday or during those 2 months of silence. Why did you go from trying to hype the game earlier in the week and have WWE talk about it constantly to saying the game isn't coming out this year see you next year. Not only that but now we're probably back to silence for the rest of the year.

7gfKrdY.jpgBro...WHY does Kane have his 2004 tights on here? And Shelton still in his 2K20 attire lol

I mean I'm hyped if this means Kane '04 is in the game but how does this even happen? TF? ???

15 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

7gfKrdY.jpgBro...WHY does Kane have his 2004 tights on here? And Shelton still in his 2K20 attire lol

I mean I'm hyped if this means Kane '04 is in the game but how does this even happen? TF? ???

Lol yeah i was gonna post this, its current day Kane with his singlet but also in his 2004 tights, no idea why, unless it was a little easter egg they put in the trailer to tell us 2004 Kane is in as well. But yeah i'm excited as hell if this means 2004 Kane is in the game i've been wanting that version back in the game for ages, hopefully he has Slow Chemical as his theme.

5 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

What's so bad about it? Why are you even bitter when the delay may be a good thing?

These games are all I cared about. There was nothing spectacular about the trailer that made me say “wow” except the release date, and it was the wrong kind of wow. 2K20’s gameplay trailer was ass and this was even more underwhelming. The delay isn’t a good thing because the game is still gonna have the same bugs it always has; it’s just coming out later now. I lost all respect for this team after 5-7 years of taking a dump on the one thing I love. So the relationship is over..

18 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

These games are all I cared about. There was nothing spectacular about the trailer that made me say “wow” except the release date, and it was the wrong kind of wow. 2K20’s gameplay trailer was ass and this was even more underwhelming. The delay isn’t a good thing because the game is still gonna have the same bugs it always has; it’s just coming out later now. I lost all respect for this team after 5-7 years of taking a dump on the one thing I love. So the relationship is over..

The team does the responsible thing of delaying the game so they don't rush out a hot mess and somehow that's worse. I'll never understand this thought process and that kind of outlook objectively makes the franchise worse if people are willing to take whatever they are given regardless of how baked it is.

How the tables have turned.
If only we got this want for better and more polished games earlier...instead we got people blindly going "dont care, just want a new WWE game" for years.

I hope this attitude will stay even if 2k22 isnt that good and doesnt go back to the "we need to defend 2k/VC either way because having a bad game would be better than having no game" attitude.

People "having" to play 2k19 for another 7 months, making it almost 5 years...boy lets hope people arent tired of the whole series after this.

Let's be honest, 2K19 is good by WWE 2K standards but by no means would I consider it a good game. It's got loads of problems, bugs, an assortment of random issues, bad A.I., I could go on but yeah, it's good by WWE 2K standards. If WWE 2K get this extra time and make an actually good game, more power to them. The extra time won't guarantee a good game but it definitely betters the chances. This game at launch will not be perfect but I'm just hoping this means they've gone all out on the makeover

Did they just release this trailer with the delayed release date and no tweets to go with it?

I'm gonna start my twitter round asap,but if they went into hiding again then wow (and that's a very negative wow)

Now's the time to do a "ask me anything" reddit round..

1 minute ago, glennsoe said:

Did they just release this trailer with the delayed release date and no tweets to go with it?

I'm gonna start my twitter round asap,but if they went into hiding again then wow (and that's a very negative wow)

Now's the time to do a "ask me anything" reddit round..

No info til January.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived