WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

36 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

Yeah because SRS has hinted at it and 2Ks last internal report for FY 2022 had the game listed as FY 2022 (anytime between now and end of march) so unless there's a plan to do a rushed game for the holiday season and a next-generation double dip around mania...I think it's not going to land this year.

Would love to be wrong but...if you're starting promo this late for a game coming out in October and we don't have even a pre-order bonus yet...

Well march isnt april, April is WM month...so unless their FY is including April, its less likely that it will be a WM release.
The problem with this idea is that it just looks super bad if they do the big reveal of the game and all now...and then have people wait 8 months for the release.
Thats just looking like a bad strategy.

Many in the game industry have said this by now that a late marketing campaign is the better idea since you dont have to keep it going for long stretches and make people possibly get tired.
Its possibly to reveal pre-order etc now, go fully marketing starting September till october or november release.

To me personally, everything speaks against a WM release.
I can see a later than "usual" release for sure, but i just cant see it being released in 8 months when its fully revealed this weekend.
If WM is really the targeted goal, doing this all at the Royal Rumble weekend seems the smarter move.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now from Fightful Select:

A few weeks ago, Fightful noted that Take 2 Interactive has delayed multiple games. When we reached out to Take 2, they'd indicated that they had no information to share at the time, but members of the WWE roster that we spoke to backstage at Summerslam weekend had been notified that the game wouldn't release in 2021, and were told that it will likely figure in to WrestleMania season marketing

I would put money on it releasing this year. No way it doesn't. As I've said there are certain versions that may not until the first of next year or WM season. I could see that happening. But the last gen console versions will be out by late fall at the latest. This is when we normally start getting info and it wouldn't make any sense to hype this up and sponsor a PPV this early just to hold release for 8 months.

On 4/11/2021 at 1:55 AM, Bdon said:

As long as it's not a 2k15 situation where we lose most of the features again because of it. I'm still a bit skeptical. Hopefully not that transitional though. I guess we should expect it but man JBI was such a meh game to me. 2k15 too.

JBI was a let down big time to me. (I just found this thread so I've got catching up to do. Lol) I mean they screwed the pooch. It was the Invasion period. Instead of capitalizing on it, they ignored it for the most part. I think it was mostly hidden (like the ECW and WCW logos used in the Invasion where hidden and broken up into individual letters. Couldn't find the movesets I wanted. It sucked. But the X-Factor theme by Uncle Kracker was cute. Lol.)

I hope this 2k22 isn't gonna repeat that. Luckily they had a year to work on it and then some. But with the mass fires that happened, the Roster will be gutted or hidden away. And will be more likely gonna be bland. Wrestlers who normally wouldn't be in it might be in it as filler. If I were 2k I'd hold onto releasing the official roster till 1 or at most 2 months prior to release.

I haven't seen any websites say anything of a delay at all. Not even a release date. Just last quarter 2021 which is vague. Lasts from Sept and ends December. Thats a lot of days. Lol.

Just now, Tinman3099 said:

irelease.i haven't seen any websites say anything of a delay at all. Not even a release date. Just last quarter 2021 which is vague. Lasts from Sept and ends December. That's a lot of days. Lol.

It's mostly been on Twitter where the news is coming from, as for two versions of the game I don't see it not if the PS4/X-Box 1 comes out months before the current gen versions.

Just now, crazyjk4 said:

It's mostly been on Twitter where the news is coming from, as for two versions of the game I don't see it not if the PS4/X-Box 1 comes out months before the current gen versions.

I take Twitter with a grain of salt. If nobody else is talking about it, I doubt Twitter has the exclusives.

Sponsors for PPV probably get worked out and negotiated months in advance. Very possible that when they negotiated to being the main sponsor of Summerslam, things were still on track but at some point things broke down during development. That period where they basically disappeared for months without any communication period could've been the period things broke down a bit and both sides realized they couldn't have another 2K20 release on their hands

Just now, Prof_Sunshine said:

Sponsors for PPV probably get worked out and negotiated months in advance. Very possible that when they negotiated to being the main sponsor of Summerslam, things were still on track but at some point things broke down during development. That period where they basically disappeared for months without any communication period could've been the period things broke down a bit and both sides realized they couldn't have another 2K20 release on their hands

They still could have announced a delay or so before today, I'm sure they must of known beforehand that they weren't or couldn't have this game out this year. 

1 minute ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

VikingSizeGamer is one of the YouTubers saying the delay is true. VGS was actually hired by WWE 2K in some capacity up till June so he probably knows some things. He was also one of the names teasing stuff the night before they released the Edge screenshot.

Eh, he was shooting his shot with the Edge screenshot, if i remember he even said that on this he was just speculating.
Unless 2k/VC makes it official, i wouldnt think too much about it.

Could mean the next gen versions, who knows.
When it comes to the games, we had a lot of missheard and missinterpreted rumors in the past...i still remember when Boogeyman announced himself for wwe2k20 while meaning battlegrounds.

We will need to wait and see, for now i keep quiet and wait.

56 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

So they’re going up against an AEW game with names like CM Punk. Bryan Danielson, Kenny Omega, maybe New Japan names, maybe April Brooks comes back to wrestling by then….they’re screwed.

I apologize in advance if you're being funny, but they won't lose out to a AEW game. Unless this game just sucks and has been stripped to nothing like JBI or 2k15 and it's just modern wrestlers, it'll be fine. And I seriously doubt it's that stripped. I imagine it'll be fine as long as they can control bugs somewhat. The licensing WWE owns and the amount of legends they have access to if they're smart enough to keep that going will be a much bigger seller than AEW games. I think the AEW game will do just fine but if they went head to head, it would probably hurt them more than 2k22.

I guess it depends on your preferences on current and past wrestlers. And the amount of releases over the next few months. Right now personally, there's more for me wwe wise. We'll see in the future though. I'm probably getting both games anyway if they don't goof up too bad.

To add to the "they are sponsoring Summerslam, it can't be delayed" theory. I just left a Gamestop where they are displaying signage for Rainbow Six: Extraction with the original September date on them despite the delay happening in July. Things get decided on and made in advance despite delays happening after the fact. They eventually had to show and mention something so Summerslam may be the time they decided it was the best for ripping the bandaid off and letting people know that no game was happening in the fall. 

It'll suck if actually true but overall for the better.  Can't have another release like 2K20 and COVID probably made things really challenging for developing.

3 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Just now from Fightful Select:

A few weeks ago, Fightful noted that Take 2 Interactive has delayed multiple games. When we reached out to Take 2, they'd indicated that they had no information to share at the time, but members of the WWE roster that we spoke to backstage at Summerslam weekend had been notified that the game wouldn't release in 2021, and were told that it will likely figure in to WrestleMania season marketing

If fightful and wwe superstars are saying it, then it's valid. Welp, here's to another fall of wwe 2k19. Sorry folks.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived