WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

But would wwe really be promoting the game this early as a sponsor?

You never know with the WWE.
But yeah, a game 8 months away seems strange to have one of your big PPVs sponsored by.
I mean i would assume when you aim for a April release you would do it for the Rumble.

Like this it would look a bit strange, but again, its WWE...who knows.

Several things wouldn't add up if we're looking at a WrestleMania release date, for one if it's a pushed back date I feel like 2K would have or should have said something earlier or at least announced that yesterday. If that's a planned out date then I don't see why they would be sponsoring Summerslam and having something for the event.

I would say it's still getting a fall release. The last few years we've barely known a thing before Summerslam. Unless something happened or unless they are delaying certain versions of the game (pc or next gen), it will still hit October/November. They're not going to miss two fall releases in a row. As much as we needed the time for some hopeful upgrades or changes, I don't see WWE being good with that. 

19 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

No cause then it'd be harder to make his other non-camo attires :lol:

Oh yeah agree with that, the textures will not look good in it since the colors of the Camo will ruin it. Speaking of Edge's attire. Really happy to see his new Jacket, I hope it flows properly and not glitch and clip on Edge's legs or be hard as a cardboard.

It's better to release it on last gen for me. Make the gameplay good before they go Next Gen. And also, I think the market for next gen consoles is not that high for now since here in our country we still don't get a proper supply of PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles. Which means there would be low international sales here but I don't know in other countries.

I also think if they do both this year it might get a 2K15 treatment. Instead of focusing on one console they need to divide their team again. It's just the first year of PS5 and Xbox SX. They could start rebuilding the series there next year. 

Normally i would all be for Next Gen...but we live in a time where its not easy getting the consoles and that for almost a year now.
Making this next gen exclusive would be suicide since its already not a title millions of people have on the radar.

Its a game for a very specific group of people and a small number of casual fans.
Until Sony and Microsoft have found a way to get the consoles easier to people and not in the hands of scalpers, a pure next gen game of anything is not a smart move.

Just now, Mani-Man said:

Normally i would all be for Next Gen...but we live in a time where its not easy getting the consoles and that for almost a year now.
Making this next gen exclusive would be suicide since its already not a title millions of people have on the radar.

Its a game for a very specific group of people and a small number of casual fans.
Until Sony and Microsoft have found a way to get the consoles easier to people and not in the hands of scalpers, a pure next gen game of anything is not a smart move.

Yeah I won't able to afford a PS5 any time soon so I'm praying this is on PS4.

7 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Can't say where or how, but I keep hearing that the game won't come out until wrestlemania season..

It sucks, I know..

That would suck if true. I'm tired of looking at 2K19 (as good as that game is) and want to see my characters with a new look, even if it is a small difference or lighting difference or whatever.

10 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Can't say where or how, but I keep hearing that the game won't come out until wrestlemania season..

It sucks, I know..

The hype or what very little there is for the game goes down tremendously if that's the case. We'd have to basically wait another year.

Yeah because SRS has hinted at it and 2Ks last internal report for FY 2022 had the game listed as FY 2022 (anytime between now and end of march) so unless there's a plan to do a rushed game for the holiday season and a next-generation double dip around mania...I think it's not going to land this year.

Would love to be wrong but...if you're starting promo this late for a game coming out in October and we don't have even a pre-order bonus yet...

12 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

Yeah because SRS has hinted at it and 2Ks last internal report for FY 2022 had the game listed as FY 2022 (anytime between now and end of march) so unless there's a plan to do a rushed game for the holiday season and a next-generation double dip around mania...I think it's not going to land this year.

Would love to be wrong but...if you're starting promo this late for a game coming out in October and we don't have even a pre-order bonus yet...

To be fair, 2k20 started late with it's marketing as well. On the other side if the game isn't coming till Wrestlemania then I'd argue that this marketing is starting a bit too early then.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived