WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

53 minutes ago, Graeme Jones said:

2K said their marketing would be different this year.......yeah, right. It's been the bloody same as it's always been. Right now, my expectations are really low.

I hope we get something worth while ASAP. 

Maybe they didnt meant in a better way different marketing. XD XD XD
I said it before, sure they could just throw a Trailer out on Friday with press release etc and be done.

But they often made a big deal about this, now we are 3 days away from SummerSlam and the utter silence on this is just crazy.
We are talking here about the WWE first and foremost, who promote the hell out of every tiny thing they do.
You would think their "big" video game wouldnt be any different.

But absolute silence on all accounts there...while they have 2k22 sponsoring the Summerslam.

I know its a crazy thought that they might not show anything, but is it really...knowing its the WWE?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may as well push it back. The dreadful 2k20 and skipping a year really have broken the cycle for me. I have had every WWE game since WAR zone except battleground which was the first WWE I never bought (i eneded up getting it free with playstation plus but never actually played it) from the silence i assume this game will only be marginally less awful than 2k20 so i am pretty whatever with it now

Having info and screenshots or trailers would be nice but why exactly do you all want the marketing to go big asap? Yes there's 2 or 3 months to go and I agree there should be a new trailer out but you all seem so desperate and all it would do is make you want the game badly. You will know plenty or everything by release day whether officially or leaks all over the internet weeks before by people who always manage to get the games early. 

Save up money now just in case and then simply pre-order a few days before if you want the bonuses and game pre-installed. By then you know there will be people with the game even in here answering questions and showing the game off on twitch or youtube. If you don't care about the pre-order bonuses and still unsure then just wait a few weeks after when there's a flood of posts and threads about people with the game. Might be on sale during black friday anyway if money will be such an issue for you at the last minute 

Wouldn't say it's ASAP at this point. They got the ball rolling at WrestleMania and since WrestleMania it's been basically nothing. Summerslam has always been the show that they've released a lot of information with. The only year they released very little info for the game was WWE 2K20 so if they can't bring something big this week, it's gonna look really similar to the game that was basically broken at release.

ASAP? We dont even know if we are soon or not.
Thats the thing, we dont know if information would be soon or late.
Does the game come out september? October? April next year? We have no clue whatsoever.

And as i often said, THEY promised better communication, better marketing...thats not something we made up.
It was THEM telling us they want to work closer with us.

But so far there is not much that makes people feel like this is happening.

There are a number of content creators who have inside knowledge this year for whatever reason, and I haven’t seen any of them fazed by what’s going on. The one comment we got was from VikingSizeGamer saying they were on track for an October release. Still, that was just speculation and nobody knows for sure except those on the inside. Starting to wonder if even they know when this bad boy is coming out. If we don’t get so much as a peep by Summerslam, my excitement is just about dead tbh. And these games are the only thing in life I have to look forward to. Lol

They made them sign NDA’s, so everything there is to know, they know. Otherwise what’s the point? If you’ve seen any of the AJ Kirsch video series about 2K19, you’d get some insight as to just how secretive they are about the WWE games. It’s annoying but respectable and understandable. But man, you just figure they’d come out full force, all hands on deck, full guns blazing on the marketing of this project and instead we’re getting crickets.

The more time goes on with nothing being mentioned and Summerslam getting closer, the less it feels we are going to be getting. They don't normally dump out a bunch of things all in one day. They usually divide it out over the course of a couple of days. Maybe Summerslam will be a trailer showing the cover star and release date and then next week will be when they start dropping stuff like gameplay changes? I guess that would be the optimistic viewpoint on the situation.

I mean look, we're likely gonna get A LOT of info etc around Summerslam weekend and beyond. But, in future? They shouldn't tell us they are doing something different unless they freekin' back it up. That is what I'm more pissed about.

37 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Okay, things might start finally...a few content creators hinted that today might give us something.
Not expecting too much and all, but  who knows...lets see if there is something to that.

I noticed the Forbes writer who talked about some stuff this month seems to be hinting at something. Anyone else?

So it does begin...interesting.

And i have to say that first screenshot delivers.
Sure it could be edited and made to look super nice, but if this is what the game delivers visual...very interesting.
Finally a new model, the textures look strong, the lightning and effects are neat...lets see this in action hopefully this weekend.

But for the first screenshot of the "final" version, that is looking surprisingly strong.

1 minute ago, Mani-Man said:

So it does begin...interesting.

And i have to say that first screenshot delivers.
Sure it could be edited and made to look super nice, but if this is what the game delivers visual...very interesting.
Finally a new model, the textures look strong, the lightning and effects are neat...lets see this in action hopefully this weekend.

But for the first screenshot of the "final" version, that is looking surprisingly strong.

Yeah it looks pretty good I've got to say. 

Yep, this Edge model...comparing it to 2k19s edge...night and day my friends.
But every game had great screenshots, so i need to see this in motion to say more.

But im very very impressed by those screenshots, that is definitly not the same as the teaser of Rey and Cesaro.
It looks on all accounts far less sterile than 2k19, has a lot of life in its visuals.

Definitly what you could call "hitting different"

I hate to nitpick, but for some reason they don't have the accurate R logos in front of his tights and kneepads. Maybe Edge owns the logo or something.

No big deal, someone will have his newest attire up that first week probably lol

12 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

I hate to nitpick, but for some reason they don't have the accurate R logos in front of his tights and kneepads. Maybe Edge owns the logo or something.

No big deal, someone will have his newest attire up that first week probably lol

The same stuff happened to Ricochet's gear in 2K19/20...I think...Am I right?

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived