WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

WWE doesn’t really need Punk. But 2K does. If they could get Jericho to do a Broken Skull Sessions, why couldn’t 2K ask for WWE’s blessing to strike a deal with Punk? Punk = sales and that’s all they need out of the relationship, really. Punk wants money, WWE wants money, 2K wants money. I stuck to my guns about the Fiend being in 2K20 and I was right. I’m sticking to my guns on CM Punk being the only good preorder available for 2K22. They could go for ECW preorder guys including RVD but I doubt that one. Been asking for an ECW special edition for years. Would be cool to see Sandman’s entrance again. Anyway Punk is still in the realm of possibility for me, because who the hell else is there that would be that massive? Vince doesn’t even view AEW as competition.

if they could get him im sure they'd make an attempt. But they've seemed to move away from the bringing back such and such legend that would surprise everyone. They haven't done that in 4 years (2k18).  I guess they kinda did that for 2k20 with Chyna? But like someone else mentioned The Fiend was the main thing that was pushed for the marketing. Not so much Chyna or even the return of Hulk Hogan.

I doubt it's Punk but I gusss IT COULD happen even if he signed with AEW. All that matters is if he signed something with 2K first. It happened with RVD in 2010 when he debuted in TNA...I mean this would be a lot crazier but yeah lol

7 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

He's showing up in AEW. AEW wouldn't be playing into it and risk pissing off their fanbase while they are still growing if he wasn't showing up

Unless he really shows up there, i wouldnt be 100% sure of it.
But even if he is not showing up in AEW, i doubt very much the WWE would make a deal with him.
They hold grudges and Punk burned a lot of bridges calling their shit out.

If we get a pre-order, i would go with Bad Bunny.
I cant see anybody else on that front, no legend or so.

I could see Edge be pre-order bonus.
Dont know who else would sell well on that front.

Edge won't be the per-order, he's already in the game. It'll probably be something like the NXT Enhancement Pack or along those lines where you get a handful of names added. Maybe they'll be new, maybe a bunch of alternative versions of on disc wrestlers, maybe an attitude era pack, something like they do with the deluxe versions. Or maybe something like the Originals where you get wrestlers + arenas + other stuff, just more grounded and real. It'll probably be something like that though.

Hm, i havent thought about the idea of them offering more than one wrestler as pre-order...but thats not the worst idea.
Sell a pack of Wrestlers, maybe a NWO pack or so, that could work.

Last year before they cancelled 2k21 i personally was 100% sure they would have Edge as pre-order since his return was still very fresh and all.
Now, yeah i doubt they would go with Edge, but like i said, i dont know who else they could do.

9 hours ago, glennsoe said:

If, and I mean IF Punk is the pre order AND he shows up in AEW before release date, I could see wwe ordering him deleted from the game..

he was in WWE 2k15. And this was 9 months after he just walked out and got fired.

Too bad Jeff Jarrett had all that legal trouble with TNA. Because maybe he's not as big as Warrior/Hulk/Goldberg/Sting/Brock/Angle. But he would be a good B-tier pre-order bonus.

Get classic Double J with long hair. Then the Monday Night Wars Era version with the short hair and yellow glasses.

Still not solved..

Credit:pwinsider

Following a telephone hearing yesterday, the trial in the lawsuit brought by tattoo artist Catherine Alexander against World Wrestling Entertainment, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 2K Games, Inc., 2K Sports, Inc., Visual Concepts Entertainment, Yuke’s Co., Ltd. and Yuke’s LA Inc will officially commence on 9/20 at 9 AM EST before the U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois (East St. Louis).

There will be a pre-trial hearing on the afternoon of 9/1 via telephone in case anything changes in terms of a settlement coming together prior to the trial.

As PWInsider.com has covered over the last several years, the lawsuit, initially filed in April 2018, alleges that all of Alexander's tattoo work on WWE star Randy Orton are her original designs that she owns and that she has never given any of the defendants permission to recreate them in the WWE videogames, therefore they and other defendants have infringed on her copyrights. 

In the suit, Anderson stated that she performed the tattoo work on Orton between 2003 and 2008 and that "are easily recognized by his fans and members of the public."  She also noted that, in advance of the lawsuit obviously, she "submitted applications to register copyrights on each of the aforementioned works on March 15, 2018."  She also alleged that she has previously contacted WWE regarding material featuring Orton's tattoos being sold by the company in 2009 and at that time, they offered her a $450 fee for the rights to the designs.  Alexander claimed she turned that offer down and at the time, "told WWE that Plaintiff did not grant any permission to WWE to copy, duplicate or otherwise use or reproduce any of Plaintiff’s designs."

Alexander has alleged that by recreating the tattoos in the WWE videogames, the rights to her designs are being infringed upon.  She also alleges in the lawsuit that "Mr. Orton does not have ownership in the copyrights asserted herein and has no authority to and did not grant permission for Defendants to commit the acts complained of in this Complaint."  Orton has not been named as a defendant in the lawsuit and has never commented publicly on the situation.

In a ruling issued on 9/26/20, Judge Staci M. Yandle ruled that WWE and Take-Two had indeed copied five tattoos that were Alexander's original work that were tattooed on Orton and that she holds valid trademarks on.  Judge Yandle did deny Alexander's request for a summary judgment (which would have been a knockout blow for her legally, setting up definite damages) citing that some of the tribal tattoos Orton has inked would not allow for a judgment, sending it on for a jury to decide.  It also noted that while there is no question that WWE copied Alexander's works, they have laid out three potential defenses that the jury can decide for itself whether to agree with or not.  

With the Judge siding with Alexander, there are several issues that a jury will decide, including whether Orton was automatically granted an implied license to have his tattoos recreated via WWE's licensed products, if they would be considered copyright infringement if Orton did not have that license, whether the tattoos would fall under "fair use" (brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder), whether the tattoos are de minmis (too trivial or minor to merit consideration legally) and whether there would be damages due to Alexander. 

There are a lot of eyes on the case given that scores of videogames that feature professional athletes recreate their tattoos in the games, and this case could set a legal precedent for other tattoo artists to follow.

The case has been pushed back numerous times.  Originally, it was pushed back as the original presiding Judge retired from the bench, requiring Judge Yandle to take over the proceedings.  The trial was then pushed back again to June 2020 at the request of 2K and several other plaintiffs then again to February of this year and will now finally take place next month

if its an original design that the tattoo artist came up with on their own, then i might see an issue with WWE using that design for a shirt or something. Which i think they've done before with Orton. Using one of his tattoo designs on the back of his shirts.

But as far as recreating someones likeness in a videogame, i dont think they should have a case. It is Randy Ortons body. She has no right to his likeness rights.

Whats next the doctor that did Mandy Rose boobs saying her implants aren't allowed to be recreated in a videogame?

here's an idea,

1/ if you are so protective of your tattoo art from being reproduced, don't tattoo athletes that are going to end up in their represented  sports related video games.

2/ if you are an athlete looking to get tattoos, be up front with the artist and see if they are cool with the likelihood their art may end up in a video game. if not, find an artist that is.

12 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

here's an idea,

1/ if you are so protective of your tattoo art from being reproduced, don't tattoo athletes that are going to end up in their represented  sports related video games.

2/ if you are an athlete looking to get tattoos, be up front with the artist and see if they are cool with the likelihood their art may end up in a video game. if not, find an artist that is.

Yeah seems like bad communication between all participants on this.
I mean did she not know who Randy Orton was? And didnt Orton tell the WWE he would get those tattoos?
Wasnt it Rhea who said she needed to tell the WWE about getting tattoos because it would interfere with the Merchandise etc?

Its a really tough case, but i would stand on the WWEs side on this to be honest.
Because they dont specificly scan Orton for his tattoos, they scan for his likeness and the tattoos are part of that.
They dont go "Oh we want your tattoos above everything else", their focus is on getting Ortons body first and foremost.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived