WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

30 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I bet 2k regrets partnering up with WWE and wishes they had just done their own original wrestling game franchise under the Take-Two or Rockstar brand. Yukes must be feeling free and unleashed if their game in development is it's own original thing.

AEW's game developers probably feel preasure to also get a lot of things right and meet certain demands/requirrements by Kenny Omega, Tony Khan and crew but likely relieved that they are chill and the game is an arcade type. 

doesn't look arcade to me. Just looks like Day of Reckoning

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I bet 2k regrets partnering up with WWE and wishes they had just done their own original wrestling game franchise under the Take-Two or Rockstar brand. Yukes must be feeling free and unleashed if their game in development is it's own original thing.

AEW's game developers probably feel preasure to also get a lot of things right and meet certain demands/requirrements by Kenny Omega, Tony Khan and crew but likely relieved that they are chill and the game is an arcade type. 

You really think take two would have made their own wrestling game if they weren't partnered with WWE why would they it will lose so much money it's been shown that most wrestling games that are not made by WWE totally fail besides fire pro it's not a big enough market to make a game for without a major name behind it

5 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

We'll see TNA game look good too I wouldn't be surprised if yukes is using the old WWE engine

I would because I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they're starting all new from scratch with a new engine. TNA Impact was good as far as great graphics and fun gameplay with a decent short roster but the problem was the lack of moves and features/modes were bare bones that the whole game just felt like a demo.

I'm not expecting a massive roster with the game going all out with features and modes but I am expecting a better execution than TNA's or Heroes Del Ring because those clearly rushed to be released and it feels AEW and Yukes know not to rush it and truly wants to develop a at least a decent fun game

10 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I would because I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they're starting all new from scratch with a new engine. TNA Impact was good as far as great graphics and fun gameplay with a decent short roster but the problem was the lack of moves and features/modes were bare bones that the whole game just felt like a demo.

I'm not expecting a massive roster with the game going all out with features and modes but I am expecting a better execution than TNA's or Heroes Del Ring because those clearly rushed to be released and it feels AEW and Yukes know not to rush it and truly wants to develop a at least a decent fun game

Well it could still technically be a new engine if they're using the old WWE engine but just upgraded it from the time

But that's the thing the most time that's going to be put into the wrestling game is creating that new engine I honestly don't know how long the game engine takes but something tells me that it's not a very short process so I figure a year for the game engine to be built another year for programming wrestlers match types moves capturing 

And the pandemic is going to throw off whatever schedule they try to work with especially now that it's surging

1 minute ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Related to 2k22? Why? I mean because Summerslam weekend is still almost a month away no?

Last time around we got a bunch of info on August 5th. I don’t remember Summerslam being sponsored by 2K20, though. We’ll see if the radio silence takes awhile to end or if it ends as soon as we hit August.

i guess i differentiate between Arcade & Arcadey.

to me an arcade wrestling game is All-Stars/Battlegrounds/WM Arcade.

Arcadey would be like the old PS2 smackdown games that were just super fast paced and ur opponent never stayed down.

ironically WrestleFest is an Arcade game, but not arcadey?

im just ready for a new wrestling game. Cuz im stuck in wrestling game purgatory.

I moved on from 2k19 because i lost all my save data. But i never fully invested in 2k20 because the bugginess and crashing annoy me. 

Fire Pro's gameplay doesn't do it for me anymore. I still break out No Mercy every once in awhile. Still great. but it needs about 2 decades worth of new moves.

I feel you about wrestling game purgatory. I’ve got nothing to play. I wanna try Ghost of Tsushima because I hear so much about it, but I can’t exactly afford it at this time. I’m saving for 2K22. It’s the only game I’ve got on my mind and it’s becoming irritating how silent they are about it. I have to think they sense that irritation from people and news is on the way!

17 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I feel you about wrestling game purgatory. I’ve got nothing to play. I wanna try Ghost of Tsushima because I hear so much about it, but I can’t exactly afford it at this time. I’m saving for 2K22. It’s the only game I’ve got on my mind and it’s becoming irritating how silent they are about it. I have to think they sense that irritation from people and news is on the way!

i got Ghost but never really started it. I picked it up cheap around christmas because they were doing some multiplayer thing that u could earn skins for playing. So i played the multiplayer but didn't get around to single player. And now they've announced the directors cut and expansion. So i'll probably still wait. 

Other than WWE 2k22 theres not much else on the landscape for me. Im not a Halo or COD guy. I didn't like the last couple of Battlefield games.

The only thing i might buy is Metroid Dread. And im gonna try The Ascent soon. And maybe i'll play Forza 5 and back 4 blood on GamePass.

I'm interested in this Esport Boxing Game.  but idk when it comes out

3 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Even the leakers have been silent including the notorious bull shitters. No big rumors or leaks from social media is weird 

I haven't had to hear about how KingMo says Jesus Christ himself will be in the game so i'm quite happy in that regard.

6 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Even the leakers have been silent including the notorious bull shitters. No big rumors or leaks from social media is weird 

I forgot I followed this dude,don't think it's king Moe though

He's been more right than wrong the last games,and rarely tweets. It's an invite only account

Screenshot_20210801-074835_Twitter.thumb.jpg.1ea9838dbe57d967dd543a29ffdbd762.jpgScreenshot_20210801-074818_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d9f2d51510e882dc06d817315d52b5f7.jpg

6 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Oh yeah I’m interested in the boxing game as well. Their marketing rollout is a thing of dreams, especially for WWE games fans. They get it.

Yeah they do good things with keeping fans up to date and the game itself.
It looks like the Fight Night game EA doesnt want to do...i hope they can cross the finish line with this game and make good money.

4 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

The AKI engine, the greatest engine of them all.

What kind of engine do the Gamecube games have? They are my absolute favorite wrestling games.

7 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

im just ready for a new wrestling game. Cuz im stuck in wrestling game purgatory.

I moved on from 2k19 because i lost all my save data. But i never fully invested in 2k20 because the bugginess and crashing annoy me. 

Fire Pro's gameplay doesn't do it for me anymore. I still break out No Mercy every once in awhile. Still great. but it needs about 2 decades worth of new moves.

At one point even the best games get stale, thats sadly how it is.
I get that, im currently too in this mood where my fingers itch for a new wrestling game.
I do some stuff on 2k19 and FPW always works, even if i just watch cpu tournaments, i play often a few rounds with the gamecube and im about to plug in my ps2 for some old wrestling games...but its not enough.

You just want to move forward, do new stuff etc.
It doesnt help that we have now so many new games on the horizon.

AEW, Ultraviolent, Wrestling sirens, AAW, Bastante Bueno, mark out, Wrestling Empire, even pro wrestling x jumps onto a new engine.
That makes it even harder.

Let's talk about our top 10 most wanted NEW wrestlers in the game, mine are

-  Isaiah Scott

- Kacy Catanzaro

- Piper Niven

- Kay Lee Ray

- Walter

- Ilja Dragunov

- Mercedes Martinez

- Raquel Gonzalez

-Scarlett

- Shotzi Blackheart

On 7/26/2021 at 3:06 AM, eastcoastkody said:

I remember the tagline of "Predator engine" with WWE'12. WWE 2K15 on "next gen" was a new engine. What other ones got a new engine

SvR 11 had this "physics engine" which was later removed, but it was the best thing ever and I'm mad they removed it. 

wait and that was ten years ago wtf

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived