WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

The more game making and game history documentaries I watch, the more I wish they’d give us a 30 to 60 minute look behind the scenes at the making of this game and everything they were up against, to really appreciate how far they’ve come in these 2 years, with the reviews for 2K20, covid rearing its ugly head into things, etc. It’s been a very documentary-worthy 2 years for the team, from the sound of things.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, A N T I - said:

The more game making and game history documentaries I watch, the more I wish they’d give us a 30 to 60 minute look behind the scenes at the making of this game and everything they were up against, to really appreciate how far they’ve come in these 2 years, with the reviews for 2K20, covid rearing its ugly head into things, etc. It’s been a very documentary-worthy 2 years for the team, from the sound of things.

It could have helped in 2k20s case to understand how the game could have become such a broken mess.
With Yukes leaving and all...you could have showed the hurdles and all.

But not even many AAA games do such stuff, so i doubt 2k or the WWE would do something.
I get what you mean because i imagine you could do a lot of cool things promoting the 2k series with such stuff.
The WWE loves their documentaries, if they only would care more about the video game sector, you could have cool BTS stuff on this.
Watching how VC works with the WWE, seeing some of the top stars going to do Mocap...but sadly the WWE doesnt care that much about the series...not as much as they could.

Would be so cool if the company would in general embrace the Video Game section more, the WWE could benefit extremely from that.
You have the "characters" and all to expand there way more.
I mean im not a fan of fortnite, but imagine having some WWE stars in there...that would be fun.
Brawlhalla is a good example how such crossovers could be fun.

Comes down to if they could get into legal troubles if they have him in the game despite not having a contract or so.
I dont know how the rights to peoples likeness are.

For all the hard times i give 2k and VC, i do feel for them to be honest currently.
The amount of people they have to Remove and all.
Maybe they even have guys like Daniel Bryan, Strowman etc in the career mode and now have to hurry and remove them...cant be easy.

2 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Maybe they even have guys like Daniel Bryan, Strowman etc in the career mode and now have to hurry and remove them...cant be easy.

Lol..."career mode". You know it's just gonna be randomly generated garbage matches. Why are you kidding yourself?

2 hours ago, Generations said:

Lol..."career mode". You know it's just gonna be randomly generated garbage matches. Why are you kidding yourself?

.... whens the last time you played Career Mode, dude?

1 hour ago, Austin3035 said:

Not really why pay for a guy who's not in the company with you anymore supposedly why would you pay royalties for the game

and how times have we seen wrestlers in the game still after being released 5 months prior to the games release? it does happen often.

Rebuilt Engine could mean everything pretty much, from small to big things...looking at the teaser it doesnt seem like too much on a surface level.
We will see.
Other than that its big buzzwords that say very little.
But it seems more and more likely we will see stuff soon.

They even promote the game on TV, it gets people curious...so it wont be that long it seems.

The main thing these games need is to be fun. Some of the most entertaining wrestling games had serious glitches and flaws. The glory days were back when you could do things like stack weapons, catch people mid-move, chain random moves that weren't tag team moves into tag team moves. If they ever get back to any of that, then I won't give a shit about the petty glitches. I really don't want a game that "plays like No Mercy". I want a wrestling sim...but I want a wrestling sim that doesn't take itself so seriously that it only has polished animations and canned movesets. I want a game that says "here are the main pieces...you figure out the rest". I want to be able to tell my buddy "You hit the F5 and I'll catch him in a codebreaker in mid air". It doesn't matter if the animation is broken and doesn't look quite right. I just want to be able to do things like that.

"rebuilt engine" is an incredibly vague thing to say however. It could mean a lot of different things; hell they've already rebuilt the engine multiple times in the past. I simply cannot take anything positive nor negative from it until its elaborated on.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived