WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

I think most of the people who are overly negative and claim they aren’t buying the game are gonna be the first ones onboard when the info starts dropping. I think everyone’s tired of 2K19 at this point and really want to see what the new game is all about. I swear I’ve never seen so many videos and tweets from people wanting to know about this game.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, A N T I - said:

For better or worse, is this the most anticipated WWE game of all time?

Somewhat yeah.
But i saw many pretty much going "Just give me this game because im tired of 2k19" and stuff.
Feels less like people are waiting excited for 2k22 and more like they just want to get over 2k19 and have something that is not a god damn mess like 2k20.
Its a weird timeline where caw makers, efed people and universe players just want a new game to work with, so that they can continue their stuff and not because they are super excited for it.

4 hours ago, A N T I - said:

I think most of the people who are overly negative and claim they aren’t buying the game are gonna be the first ones onboard when the info starts dropping. I think everyone’s tired of 2K19 at this point and really want to see what the new game is all about. I swear I’ve never seen so many videos and tweets from people wanting to know about this game.

2K22's gameplay and bug testing had better been PROPERLY tested. I do NOT want a repeat of 2K20, and I will be waiting at least a month after it releases before I even CONSIDER giving them my money.

I'm getting the digital deluxe edition of the game as always just because it's a new wrestling game. I do that with any new fighting and wrestling game! Can't say I'm necessarily hyped and don't think I will be but I am interested in checking out what's new and see what I have to work with in universe mode from the in-game roster including updated character models and attires for returning wrestlers and who's new to the game as well as creation suite and of course to see anything new or improved in gameplay.

Quite a few people I know rely on my  thoughts to decide if they buy the game or not, and I often get good feedback when I give something akin to a review on here so thats why I will be buying at launch. Anyone who is on the fence or unwilling until I check it out, i'm happy to give my thoughts.

For me, I'm still on the fence leaning towards "rent, don't buy"..

It was the same last game,but I caved in and pre ordered it like the last available second.

Our guy here even said something to the effects of "the new moves won't be the highlight of the game, due to covid restrictions"

The marketing is not much of a big deal for me (reasons I've already stated above) but I would like to see the cover art soon as I'm curious how it'll look among the rest of my pinned digital games on my Xbox and of course any gameplay footage would be nice because even though I'm expecting it to be a PS4/Xbox One game as rumored, it'll at least likely get "Next Gen Optimized" versions and I have an Xbox Series S!

I'm very curious about the roster for both current and legends. So I'm wondering how they'll do the roster reveal and when although I'm expecting it to be next month during Summerslam weekend as usual. Creation Suite is a big one for me so I can get ideas already for my original caw shows

2 hours ago, glennsoe said:

For me, I'm still on the fence leaning towards "rent, don't buy"..

It was the same last game,but I caved in and pre ordered it like the last available second.

Our guy here even said something to the effects of "the new moves won't be the highlight of the game, due to covid restrictions"

On one side, we’re hearing they mocapped over 4800 new or updated animations and still going, and on the other side we’re being told not to get too excited about moves? I choose to be excited rather than worrying about being let down before it happens. That’s no way to go through life. I remember the year we got a bunch of Omega moves, I asked if we would be getting the Snap Dragon and his response was no. Lo and behold, there it was, in all its beauty. Like I said, you never know what could happen if you just ask. 

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

On one side, we’re hearing they mocapped over 4800 new or updated animations and still going, and on the other side we’re being told not to get too excited about moves? I choose to be excited rather than worrying about being let down before it happens. That’s no way to go through life. I remember the year we got a bunch of Omega moves, I asked if we would be getting the Snap Dragon and his response was no. Lo and behold, there it was, in all its beauty. Like I said, you never know what could happen if you just ask. 

I completely understand why many are jaded and skeptical as there are many valid reasons for it but I have to say, I appreciate and like your optimism and positivity. It's nice not to be the only one

6 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I completely understand why many are jaded and skeptical as there are many valid reasons for it but I have to say, I appreciate and like your optimism and positivity. It's nice not to be the only one

It comes down to the angle, i was optimistic until wwe12.
I preordered the games without having seen anything thinking the best.
But with each year where the series stood still so very clearly, i lost more and more optimism for them.
Every year just being a yearly update that fell apart more and more.

Each game promising the world but not delivering it at all.
Sure sitting there waiting for the game going "Oh that will suck etc" isnt a good attitude, hoping for the best and wanting to believe that all this big talk about listening to the community etc is more than a smokescreen...thats far more productive than waiting for the game to fail.

But in the past the community in my opinion was giving them waaaaay too much leash and let them get away with too much bad decisions imo.
Its one thing i hated about the community for many years.
I think the middle ground on this is the perfect way to go.

Dont expect a car crash, but dont expect it to be the best game ever.

Im not thinking about preordering or getting it at full price at all at the moment.
For that they have shown absolutly nothing that changes my mind after what they delivered with 2k20.
I probably will either buy it when its cheaper later 2022 or use christmas and the spirit of "People buy you stuff" to get it.
We will see.

Very slim chance that this superstar is in the 2k22 game, like 5% chance

Thank god, we have world class creators out there..

WWE NXT star Tegan Nox officially returned to the ring tonight before Raw for a dark match against Toni Storm, PWInsider.com can exclusively confirm. 

As we have stated in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, the charging battery vignette on WWE NXT has been expected to be Nox.

Nox last competed in August of 2020.

Yeah i expect August the earliest.
They will do probably the same old marketing as always.

Big promises and big talk was all it was, as usual.
At this point i literally expect a not as buggy, better textured WWE2k20.
There is nothing that gives me the impression that this year will be different so far sadly.

7 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Yeah i expect August the earliest.
They will do probably the same old marketing as always.

Big promises and big talk was all it was, as usual.
At this point i literally expect a not as buggy, better textured WWE2k20.
There is nothing that gives me the impression that this year will be different so far sadly.

But it's going to hit different! They said it themselves.

Sure it can, but given the track record and that the only footage we have so far showed a better textured wwe2k20 which the modding community already did, i sadly dont expect too much.
July 2021 and i personally dont see much difference in approach etc than during wwe2k20...which is not really helping getting me excited or ease the worry that they deliver just a full price 2k20 update later on.

5 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Sure it can, but given the track record and that the only footage we have so far showed a better textured wwe2k20 which the modding community already did, i sadly dont expect too much.
July 2021 and i personally dont see much difference in approach etc than during wwe2k20...which is not really helping getting me excited or ease the worry that they deliver just a full price 2k20 update later on.

Likewise.

You'll have all the info you need and want by release day! How did you all manage pre-gamecube/ps1 & 2 and original xbox days? All we had back then was magazine ads and TV commercials! Even the generation that I mentioned didn't have marketing like most games now although they did have a lot of game demos in disks you could get for free at certain stores or pizza hut. It wasn't until PS3 and Xbox One came out that gaming blew up in such a great way!

I get the doubts and skepticism on the game but you know you'll find out the roster soon enough and there will be plenty of leaks and previews with official images/videos sprinkled in by a month or weeks before release, which is enough time to decide to get the game on day 1 or not, pre-order or not and save up money. For 2K20, leakers and gaming media article previews did most of the marketing work for 2k..which is wrong but at least it's something and speaking of leakers, there are always those who get the games early by days or weeks or even a month before release that go all out on twitter, twitch or youtube and even on here answering our questions! So no need for the "give everything to me now now now" mentality.

8 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

If we don't get LOTS of info come August? I will be *censored*ing pissed off!! 

Just saying.

I don't know why people keep doing themselves like this.

Summerslam is August 21st. 

Ya'll know damn well that Summerslam is ALWAYS part of the reveal process. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived