WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember getting it a few days early (as I normally did before covid thanks to the depot setup in my area), and sharing pictures of the insane bugs I ran into constantly on here, like a CAWs gums phasing through their head in a pillar. It would've been hilarious had it not been so infuriating.

I've been playing 2k20 and it's okay for the most part but I had completely forgotten about two major bugs in universe like not being able to control tag partners even when selecting it and the attire bug where it usually uses the default attire despite selecting others and some attires not even showing up as choices.

I love creating or downloading alternate attires and so that shit better be among many things fixed in universe for 2k22! If the AEW game let's us completely edit in game characters and have alt. attires like in some old games and fire pro (Kenny Omega hinted at the possibility of this feature some time last year) I'll be paradise but still would be very nice if wwe 2k can get attires right even if not being able to go all out in full customization!

6 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

Show some damn gameplay first! Then we can worry about the other things.

Yup, that is were allegedly the big difference is supposed to be.
They cant sell me the game otherwise.
The engine will be the same and the graphic pretty much too, they showed us that...and that they arent too bothered re-using animations.
Which is all stuff that doesnt make me want to pay full price yet, so they need to show gameplay imo soon.
Give me a reason to buy this god damn game, being a wrestling game isnt enough.

4 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah, I knew after 1 match that 2K20 wasn’t up to snuff. I’m gonna be heartbroken if I feel that way again. I’m trying to keep the hype alive in myself but the marketing (or rather, lack thereof) of this game kills it every time. Lol.

If i remember correctly is watched the launch stream of the New Legacy boys and we all knew right away the thing was more of a mess than ever.
Personally im not hyped or anything, they have given away that privilege long ago and with 2k20 they have killed all the hype i had for any future wwe game.
Showing this little ingame snippet of cesaro and mysterio which looks pretty much like HD 2k20, hasnt helped either.

The thing is that it doesnt bother me as much anymore to be honest.
People keep Fire Pro Wrestling up to date, AEW has a game in the making and i love seeing all those people work on their own little wresting games...so its not like we starve on wrestling game stuff so that we need to be hyped for wwe2k unless they deserve it.

6 hours ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

oh I have downloaded CAWS and half of the stuff is invisible, so it looks mostly like  a  CAW with nothing but a few of say Kenny's images on his pants for example, while everything else will be gone.

Yeah I f'n hate when that happens. I feel so relieved when I see it appear exactly as the preview. Latest example of missing stuff is Apollo's new attires with them being different downloads and all of them are missing the word logos

4 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

People keep Fire Pro Wrestling up to date

Can confirm, been having a blast downloading all of the content that I want without a silly daily cap.

About ready to kick off an ECW promotion in Fire Promoter mode.

15 minutes ago, Creepy Bro said:

Can confirm, been having a blast downloading all of the content that I want without a silly daily cap.

About ready to kick off an ECW promotion in Fire Promoter mode.

Yeah, in the recent week i got more active there and downloaded around 80 moves and 50 wrestlers without having to stop because i have a limit one way or the other.
Ive been having so much fun with FPW recently that i dont care much for the lack of wwe2k22 things currently. 

I assume they're waiting for Summerslam weekend before going into big details and reveals as usual. If so, I hope info starts pouring out constantly from there.

If there is any truly significant changes or improvements, they need to showcase that as the game is coming out in 4 or 5 months..which is far way for 2k but if they intent on changing up their marketing and are truthful about hitting hard in different ways, they need to go THQ level of marketing!

I think 2K16 had the best marketing. We got nice tidbits from the 2KDev account through either YouTube or Instagram like almost daily through the weekdays; Showing off CAW Mode, new mechanics, new moves etc. They had a lot to show that year I suppose though as 2K15 was really barebones and then 2K16 was the true tone and base of the series for the 8th Gen consoles. A lot of the fundamentals that make a game like 2K19 so great started in 2K16.

If they were doing things differently and the game still comes out in October, we’d get our cover reveal in July. I believe 2K20’s cover reveal happened via its commercial/trailer at the beginning of August, when the commercial somehow leaked a day or so before 2K officially said anything. I remember the dirtsheets telling us about the commercial shoot when it was happening, which could be why the commercial at Wrestlemania caught everyone offguard...because we didn’t even know a shoot had happened. So, maybe there’s a commercial where the cover will be revealed to us at the end again. I like that method of doing it. They’ve yet to top the 2K17 commercial in my opinion. It was perfect.

What if the gameplay and game itself is hitting different because it's going back to arcade style than sim focused? I mean 2K seems to be in a major arcade mood with the "originals" stuff in 2k20, Battlegrounds and wwe being all about it with mobile games like Immortals and Undefeated. They also know fans are very nostalgic about old games in the franchise and games like All Stars. The original content in 2k20 was crazy, over the top and did have some arcade gameplay elements and moves!

It could have been used as a foundation for a new direction. I'm not expecting WM The Arcade Game, All Stars or  Battlegrounds gameplay but more like HCTP-early SvR and maybe even Raw/Raw 2 while focusing on creation suite with all out fantasy stuff. Each new game already has been more and more fantastical for the mode and community creations is full of bad - amazing fantasy/non wrestling based creations as much as real wrestling based. Perhaps 2k has noticed that and is catering to that.

Maybe a mix of both styles like 2k20 overall though with an option or sliders for both gameplay style as some games are able to offer both already!?

Man, that’s a controversial subject if you bring it up over on the 2K forums. The belief is that it can’t be both...that going in one direction means going away from the other. I favor simulation over arcade if that’s how it is, but I think these games have always been a good blend of both. I want the core gameplay to be as sim as it can possibly get while still being fun.

I also prefer the sim style but just in case, I'm so  glad I like both styles and an option of both would be perfect as it would be like 2 different games in one. I guess 2k20 was a balance of both though. If they do original stuff again, I just hope they completlyseparate it into different modes because I don't want to see crazy versions of wwe wrestlers on the main in game roster again!

Yeah, I enjoyed TNA iMPACT!, as bare bones as that was, and that was a Midway game so, needless to say, it was on the arcadey side. I just think 2K/VC have a good thing going despite 2K20.  Taking that sim style and continuing to add more and more of the little nuances that make pro wrestling tick could be a wonderful thing to behold.

As for Originals, there’s a tiny minority of people who want it to stay. Almost everyone wants it gone and wants to go back to the “old way” of DLC where we actually got new Superstars we wanted. I’ve been known to criticize the team for not being....I guess ballsy enough...not knowing what I wanted to see but Originals wasn’t it. But it was something they tried that was out of left field, so in that sense, I can’t hate the general concept of it. Poorly executed, though. 

I prefer the old way myself but don't really mind if 2K Originals sticks around a bit longer. I can leave or take it either way as I enjoy both types. Perhaps 2K should stick with sim style afterall and especially with AEW's game already being old school wrestling arcade and alternative gaming options is very much needed than almost the same game with just the AEW or WWE license.

The problem might’ve been the fact that 2K Originals was the only DLC for the game, unless you count the Smackdown Anniversary superstars. It was so final from the get-go, like “Here’s the roster you’re getting and that’s it. No new superstars after that.” I wouldn’t mind Originals in addition to the normal DLC model. But I really wouldn’t mind if covid disallowed them from having the time to mocap Originals cutscenes and they scrapped it altogether, though.

You know, if 2K originals A: Didn't rely on towers for their content and B: were stories you'd actually see in wrestling instead of the ridiculous shit we got, I wouldn't necessarily be against it.

Gimme back my moves packs though.

10 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Man, that’s a controversial subject if you bring it up over on the 2K forums. The belief is that it can’t be both...that going in one direction means going away from the other. I favor simulation over arcade if that’s how it is, but I think these games have always been a good blend of both. I want the core gameplay to be as sim as it can possibly get while still being fun.

Find it hard to believe considering the 2k games are very clearly both.
They arent straight up Simualtion nor full arcade.
May be wanted from the developers or it could be the result of them working with the same base the older games that were more arcade had.

Personally the perfect thing would be for me to have the main game be simulation and then having a second game that is more arcade.
Would love to see the Allstars series to return as a second series besides the ww2k.

But in the end i could live with a mix of it when its fun.
Which is incredible hard because while the Caw Feds etc are the main players, you have also a lot who just want to have dumb fun and stuff. 

8 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I prefer the old way myself but don't really mind if 2K Originals sticks around a bit longer. I can leave or take it either way as I enjoy both types. Perhaps 2K should stick with sim style afterall and especially with AEW's game already being old school wrestling arcade and alternative gaming options is very much needed than almost the same game with just the AEW or WWE license.

Honestly, i liked the Originals idea.
Execution was awful but the idea is neat.
Problem was next to that the fact that they didnt had any other DLC like move pack or wrestlers.
If you can do both, Originals stuff and DLC that adds moves and new wrestlers etc, it would be fine.

The idea of the Originals thing is super cool and works considering the over the top nature of wrestling.

The originals should have tied into career mode. That featured fictional indie wrestling and unlockable original characters as well as arenas. 2K originals could have been the game's version of Ring of Honor or MLW as well as it's own FCW to connect to WWE!

Hell's arena is cool but imagine a ring by a beach or pool to counter Winter Fest. There could have even been NPC's in bathing suits or bikinis than horror themed. Wasteland could have been WCW Hog Wild inspired with bikers outside a bar than an apocalyptic world like Mad Max. I really love the future stuff though 

If they went backwards on the Simulation aspects and made the game more Arcade-like I'd not buy it.

The direction the series has been going through is great (2K16-2K19 at least).

Arcade focus should be applied to a secondary game or series that releases every 2 years or something, while the main series continues to be centered around Simulation.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived