WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

I think it will be. It kinda has no choice but to be. Like RB said, there’s plenty of time yet to really get in the weeds with us about stuff like gameplay, as much as we want to see it now. They haven’t even revealed the cover superstar(s) or release date yet. Preorders haven’t gone live yet. It’s that early. Once they really go into selling mode, I trust they’re gonna sell the crap outta this game to us. Here’s hoping.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First info on WWE games literally always comes around Summerslam. We'll get the cover reveal on a random Raw or something, and then we'll start to get roster reveal and other shit. I know there was no game last year, but I don't know how people follow these games every year and always forget what the release schedule is like. Lack of 2K21 doesn't change what the schedule will be for 2k22. 

17 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

They specifically said their marketing was going to be different this time, however.

"Different" doesn't mean earlier.

All they released was that one teaser trailer so far. We don't know what they have planned after that. 

Maybe they're going to put out an actual demo this year. That would certainly be different. It's still too early. 

I also think that the marketing schedule isn't really going to be too different than previous years, I would like to get some of the more bigger news a bit earlier tho but this usually the month we get the cover star reveal and release date or release window.

Speaking of different, I just realized that I may get the PS5 version of the game(or ps4 version on ps5). The last game in the franchise I got on Playstation was Smackdown vs Raw 2006 on PS2 although I did get Legends of Wrestlemania on PS3. The franchise started on the original playstation and I have had every game in the franchise but from SvR 2007 to WWE2K20 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

It would be like coming home or to the franchise's roots! So yes, I admit that I get every game no matter what simply because it's a new wrestling game. Another new thing is that I always hear about Playstation versions having the best and most content in community creations 

45 minutes ago, Generations said:

"Different" doesn't mean earlier.

All they released was that one teaser trailer so far. We don't know what they have planned after that. 

Maybe they're going to put out an actual demo this year. That would certainly be different. It's still too early. 

My point was if they're doing it differently we can't in good consciousness use their previous marketing schedule as a template of expectation, that's all.

I just wish these assholes would confirm some of the creation suite, so I know whether I should bother stocking up on resources.

Usually I start editing plates for championships and logos for attires by now.

I'm not gonna bother if they're like "We had to remove some of the features". 

I wish they'd confirm anything big. Not just to know what's new but also to talk about in here! Something I enjoy when there's info to chew on is discussions, leaks, rumors and speculations in this thread and many new ones daily/every day instead of the usual few posts a week like now. 

A reason why I always look forward to roster reveals is that it's two in one for discussions. We all have our favorite wrestlers we want to play as and stuff like their attires, entrances, moves and themes all get added to creation suite. I'm hyped for the possibility of playing as WALTER, who is my favorite wrestler in all pro wrestling right now while I'm also going to use his entrance, moves and theme for my main original caw in universe mode!

I’ll wait til we atleast have a cover reveal and release date before I judge their marketing.

I’m excited to see all the newly captured moves! The game needed it tbh. Everything always kinda looked the same for years and it dragged the gameplay down a bit. Plus there’d been someone who was on the mocap team for years that made everything she captured look overly girly...so I’m kinda glad it won’t be an issue with 2K22’s new moves and female entrances.

I really hope Meiko Satomura makes it to atleast DLC. I’ve been asking for her since the Feedback Project, so I’m hoping she was in Europe when 2K was out there scanning folks. The more Stardom alumni, the better. She’s someone I’d pay extra for, and now she’s the champ. 

I miss the IGN hype train and the way roster reveals used to be, with them revealing a couple people each week and showing off an entrance or two and some gameplay, but that was under the THQ regime. 2K obviously has had a difference of opinion with the way things were in the past and that’s unfortunate because their way frustrates most of their consumer base.

All in all, I think the game will hit different and be one of the classics, mainly because creators are so ready to create on something new that there’s gonna be an explosion of content for these games whether it’s “good” or “great” or not. All eyes are definitely gonna be on Create A Superstar this year. I can’t think of a WWE game that’s ever been under as a big a microscope as 2K22 will be. The optimist in me wants to believe they’re knocking it out of the park, but the realist?....who knows, man. I just don’t wanna be embarrassed to live for these games anymore, y’know?

5 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

I swear i'm gonna lose my ever loving shit if 2K22 comes out and the image uploader is still busted.

Yeah agreed. Don't get me wrong it's cool that we can still use 2K19 but I'm getting slightly tired of seeing my created guys in 2K19. I want to see those same characters with a bit of a different look in terms of graphics. Even if all it is is a slight lighting change. Anything to make them look "updated" or whatever.

One thing is for sure: I will NOT delete my 2K19 save game any time soon on the chance that 2K22 goes wrong in some way or another.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived