WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could definitely be showing us more, but the question is how much is too much? There’s been years where we knew too much about the game and were already bored with it before release. I’m hoping we know the cover star/release date in June. I also agree that they should be interviewing people that have to do with the latest video; they’ve done it before. PG is the only one saving these otherwise kinda boring “teaser” videos.

I gotta say I’ve never looked at as much videos as I have for 2K22. I’ve seen every take on YouTube about it, and everyone is unsure of how this is gonna turn out. The videos are supposed to combat that feeling and they aren’t doing their job of that. We’re supposed to expect a great wrestling game, the likes of which we haven’t seen in many years now. I’m in my 30’s...pretty sure I was in my 20’s the last time we got a “great” game, some would consider it to be 2K14. If we’re talking great, I’d say SVR2006. “If you’re gonna say it hits different, tell us/show us WHY..” is the general consensus.

I don’t really need it to hit different in-ring drastically, though they seem to be hinting at some changes they perceive to be good changes. We’ll see. I want to be the optimist but I was the optimist going into 2K20 and I looked like a damn fool for trusting them and their silence. This year, we’re getting early info, which is good, but not the level of detail we wanted to see, I guess is the problem. A few years ago, the videos were still short..like 3 minutes long...but they’d have someone explain what we were looking at, even Lynell himself at times. 

I saw so many great suggestions in the Feedback Project....I just hope they listened and were able to implement some of these things....I want it to be great. I won’t settle for this idea that great WWE games are a thing of the past, because 19 was close to being a great game and look how long it’s lasted us without getting old.

I hope it’s in a class of its very own..not trying to be like anything else but only striving to be bigger and better than anything else before it. We’ve been ready to move on from 19/20 for a long time now. Hats off to 2K19 to putting the genre on its back for 3 years, though. Testament to how great these games can be. You’re telling me we’re about to get something greater than that? I’m all eyes and ears. And fingers.

We know why 20 was bad. Before that, they gave us 2K19, which included Yuke’s, but still....we got this wonderful game...for it’s time, anyway. VC having full control while not having to scramble to fix and rewrite everything.....could be another wonderful thing.  We’ll see.

Its do or die for them, hopefully that new manager isn't just all talk, but if Ricky says its good i'll believe him. I'd love to see a good game not only for the obvious reason but also because it will ensure continued competition.

Really hope they managed to figure out what was causing the moves speed-up and slow-down from 2K20, it rendered a lot of moves pretty much unusable due to how badly it pulled you out of immersion.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived