WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Working yourselves into a frenzy on ifs and maybes is not going to change or fix anything.

I'm not in a frenzy though, as a consumer I am simply stating what frustrates me about a series of videogames I want to play and support, which is not exactly cheap. I have hopes the gameplay will not be anything like WWE2K20 and that the extended development time is exactly what they need. I wasn't even phased when they moved the game from an October time release. 

And also, I'm not one of the people tweeting them non-stop because I know it won't change anything but this is a discussion thread and I am discussing the game ???? If the game ends up being like 2K20 (massively doubtful at this point) then I simply won't get it and the world will keep on turning, not a big deal

3 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Ok,looking ahead into the future and I'm gonna ask the "CM Punk question" 

"What's next"?

Do they go back to a november release for wwe2k23 or do they stick with a wrestlemania season release?

If it's the former,that means they've likely worked on 2 games at once. Normaly I can't see them doing it,but they've had more time than usual after the piss poor wwe2k20 fiasco so who knows.

If they do go back to a holiday season, I see them not releasing the game until NEXT year and that's possibly quite exciting because if they know that they will have an extended development time they might go even further with what they can do (especially with next gen). I know they had extended development time with 2K22 but it wasn't likely always the plan and it probably caused some complications for the team (add in COVID and WWE being release happy)

26 minutes ago, TheResidentRogue said:

I'm not in a frenzy though, as a consumer I am simply stating what frustrates me about a series of videogames I want to play and support, which is not exactly cheap. I have hopes the gameplay will not be anything like WWE2K20 and that the extended development time is exactly what they need. I wasn't even phased when they moved the game from an October time release. 

And also, I'm not one of the people tweeting them non-stop because I know it won't change anything but this is a discussion thread and I am discussing the game ???? If the game ends up being like 2K20 (massively doubtful at this point) then I simply won't get it and the world will keep on turning, not a big deal

Why is it so many people assume I'm talking to them and them only. I am very clearly talking about the general direction of the thread overall.

5 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Why is it so many people assume I'm talking to them and them only. I am very clearly talking about the general direction of the thread overall.

I guess because you were replying to my comment so I was stating that I personally was not in a frenzy. Didn't think you were only speaking to me because I have seen the replies on Twitter and some of the twitter threads on the hashtag so I know people ARE in a frenzy but you replied to me so I was simply saying that I was not in a frenzy

7 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Prove that it isn't 2K20 and I'll pre-order. They haven't done that so they don't get my money yet. Not even close. To me, the only people they seem to have convinced are the hardcores in the fanbase that were gonna get this game regardless. 

It's gonna take more than an AMA promising change and a handful of YouTube opinions for me to actually believe that this game is worth my money.

Pretty much.
I dont get why people have faith or trust in them after what they did with...yeah i know people hate it being said, but still...2k*censored*ing20.
Dont care if people are tired or so of hearing it, but its the truth.
The marketing currently is what they did for 2k20, a broken mess they sold the fanboys for 60+ bucks.

And 2+ years later the same fanboys say that people should trust them? Why? What in gods name have they done to gain this trust?
Nothing, they promised to talk to the community more and didnt do that.
They promised to show us more and have not done that.

Show me why this time is different, higher textures arent enough, modes and features we could have since 2-3 games arent enough...trailers with old/lifeless animations isnt enough.

4 hours ago, The Nerd said:

WE WANT DIVAS. GIVE US DIVAS. WHERE ARE THE MOTHER*censored*ING DIVAS??????? Their Twitter replies are in hell. 

The Diva stans get more and more annoying, especially since the WWE announced some kind of Diva Revival for the Rumble with how many from the divas era they get back for it.

I like what we've seen so far but after 2K20 I'm gonna need to see at least a few minutes of a match taking place uninterrupted to see the game in motion and see how the new changes effect gameplay before I actually think about dropping 60-100 on this game. That's just the minimum but one that 2K seem to always struggle with fulfilling.

7 hours ago, black_machismo said:

If they can create the Fiend and his entrance in an almost 3 month window for 2K20 and add him as Pre-order bonus. I think they could make DLC characters for those new superstars. Since usually big superstar Debuts/Returns are not that many.

On the subject of The Fiend in 2K20 I don’t think they waited until he debuted the character on TV I’m pretty sure WWE just let 2K in on the character and his presentation early on before Summerslam; knowing that he was going to be the hot character of the time and a big omission if left out. 

23 hours ago, Siul LXXXV said:

Kenny Omega should release new details or first look at another wrestler or something for the AEW game. Maybe that'll set a fire under 2k's ass and motivate their marketing 

why would they as this game will be out before that game by like a year there not enoough people in the market to make a wrestling game competitive  wrestling fans will buy both

4 hours ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

On the subject of The Fiend in 2K20 I don’t think they waited until he debuted the character on TV I’m pretty sure WWE just let 2K in on the character and his presentation early on before Summerslam; knowing that he was going to be the hot character of the time and a big omission if left out. 

They could have the Attire/Look of The Fiend done early and send to 2K but for his moves and entrance I don't know if they could make that in advance. But we'll never know. 

Man really wish there are some new news this weekend for this game. Really want to see gameplay.

3 minutes ago, black_machismo said:

They could have the Attire/Look of The Fiend done early and send to 2K but for his moves and entrance I don't know if they could make that in advance. But we'll never know. 

Man really wish there are some new news this weekend for this game. Really want to see gameplay.

Fiend in 2k20 and the first Fiend action figures were all missing the prayer hands logo on his singlet. Which maybe wasn't on the first promotional material from photos of Fiend. So they were all obviously given notice well in advance. But the moves and taunts def must've been done last minute because some of the animations were specifically from his debut match that happened just a month or so before the games release

2K's marketing is all about the final 2-3 weeks before launch. NBA 2K is an example of this, hell WWE 2K19 was an example of this too!

My guess: mid-Feb the proverbial faucet breaks and everything starts landing, either via 2K insiders or 2K themselves or reviewers with impressions. Anything to convince you to buy in that final stretch of time.

14 minutes ago, TheResidentRogue said:

Because I don't follow the dev stuff and I can barely remember past releases beyond the Roster Reveal (honestly was the only thing I paid attention to) What are we all hoping to see that they usually share? 

DLC, Roster Reveal, New Moves video, more gameplay, stuff like that…should all be coming in the next few weeks.

9 minutes ago, Siul LXXXV said:

Hail the tribal chief! But so I guess they really are doing the ones at the commercial shoot first 

Highly doubt we will get anything roster related at the Rumble then unless they sprinkle in the others from the commercial throughout the night and we will need to wait until all of them are done before we get anyone not already confirmed... kind of a shame as there won't be any surprises roster wise for a while (potentially)

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived