WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

On 11/18/2021 at 8:20 PM, Golden Boy® said:

Rey Mysterio showcase means we get at least 2 versions of Eddie Guerrero, confirms RVD (tag team champions), and at least one version of Batista, also confirms Kurt Angle 

Not sure about Chavo though...

We could see Rey's match against Cena (Dr. of thuganomics) on Smackdown in '03

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first mentioned a Rey showcase, one of the matches I was interested in, other than his title win against Dean Malenko, was his One Night Stand match against Sabu. I wonder if either match makes it in.

And man, the more I look at the current gameplay, the more I hate it. I’m ready for something fresh and new. May end up buying this game after all if I hear good things.

16 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

if they dont have Ultimo Dragon, Pschosis,  Juvie juice, and Billy Kidman....then i dont need no Rey Rey showcase.

Oh man i didn't event think about the possibility of those guys, that would be amazing. I'd give anything if Dean Malenko was in the game, but i doubt that happens now that he's in AEW. Such a shame he worked for WWE for years and not once did they ever put him in a game, not even when they had the WCW DLC. Now with Rey's showcase where you have the best chance for him to be included he's no longer in the company....

Eddie is the like the only guy who wasn’t Jericho or Malenko that I can remember Rey having a feud with in WCW. Based on that, I’m guessing it’s mostly gonna be his WWE run, which was still lengthy. Might get Khali or something. RVD. Gonna be doubtful that we get any of the awesome cruiserweights like Ultimo Dragon, Jushin Liger, and Psychosis. Atleast they’re creatable.

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

We thought they were gonna surprise us with a match from Bryan Danielson’s ROH days and they didn’t. Wouldn’t count on anything WWE doesn’t own the rights to, promotion-wise.

Yeah,they screwed up big time by not giving us Bryan Danielson vs Nigel Mcguines  

On 11/26/2021 at 4:01 PM, J-man89 said:

Yeah i'm not gonna worry and fret over the control changes until i play it and see how it actually feels with my own hands. It'll likely not be a big deal and most will have them figured out and used to them by the end of the day.

This isn’t the case for everyone. After trying 2K20 when it first came out, the controls just threw me off so much I never felt compelled to play it. I didn’t even experience that much bugs, I just hated the controls. Same reason why I don’t enjoy playing any of the older classics like HCTP, No Mercy, etc. 

If I could just put 2K19’s basic controls (reversals, running, strikes, Irish whips, pickup weapons, leaving the ring, climbing the turnbuckle, pinning etc) in every wrestling game I’d be so happy. 

10 hours ago, glennsoe said:

And the big announcement from Mysterio was that a Rey Mysterio Animated Series is expected To Debut In 2022..

We sure got our hopes up..

Speak for yourself, i didnt expect anything wwe2k22 related.
Cool for Mysterio and his fans, makes me believe that he will be cover star etc for 2k22 even more now.

Agree at this point it will be hard for 2K to remove released superstars specially if they are included in the Career mode. Unless a superstar pulled a Benoit, then that's a different story. Also they already showed his model, they can't pull a HCTP or WWE RAW2 now where they removed him in the final game. When THQ did that it was still a long way to go before the game is released. 2K22 is just around 3 months away from release so I think 90% he is already locked in.

Yeah i seriously doubt he's getting taken out, he didn't murder anyone theres no reason to rush and erase him 3 months from release, i'm sure he's fine remaining in the game and getting paid for it as well. Didn't Karrion Kross say he's fine being kept in the game after being released? We saw Buddy Murphy was still in the game as well after he was released ages ago.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived