WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

I was gonna pitch something like 3 years ago called the Andre Project. Andre should have his own stance, his own walk, his own way of selling strikes, instead of being against the ropes normally, he should get his arms stuck between the top and middle rope, really just making it feel like you’re really facing Andre, down to his own reversal style where he rarely, if ever, leaves his feet….certainly not to do something out of character like a headlock takeover or a fireman’s carry takedown….nor should he duck a punch like a skilled boxer….and if that worked for him, we could branch it out and use such personalization for other superstars. I mean Andre should even leave his feet a certain way…hell, it should take moving heaven and earth to even get him off his feet. And if they can do with him, there are plenty of others who should have unique reversal styles and selling styles and walking styles. Let’s bring those aspects of gameplay back. Maybe they did to a degree, who knows? They were on their way to something like that with Yuke’s, but Andre never felt like Andre, Rock and Austin never felt like Rock and Austin. There was so much customization needed that wasn’t there.

Same thing should apply to wrestlers like Yokozuna, Giant Gonzalez, Giant Haystacks, certain super heavyweight CAWs, etc. I’d like more authenticity to giants, but I’d say the pushback for this is two-pronged.

1. Cruiserweights would be outclassed by giants, which I’m not 100 percent against (for realistic storytelling), but will turn off players who like playing as cruiserweights. In fact, there was something similar in SVR 2007, and there was a pushback against it.

2. Giant CAWs and other giants would look out of place if only one giant or a few had these perks. Why restrict it to one wrestler when you can give the player more advanced options? Then again, I hardly play as in game wrestlers, so I’m a bit biased towards CAWs. People who don’t like CAWs or hate CAWs will feel differently, so my opinion is likely unpopular.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Exorcism said:

Same thing should apply to wrestlers like Yokozuna, Giant Gonzalez, Giant Haystacks, certain super heavyweight CAWs, etc. I’d like more authenticity to giants, but I’d say the pushback for this is two-pronged.

1. Cruiserweights would be outclassed by giants, which I’m not 100 percent against (for realistic storytelling), but will turn off players who like playing as cruiserweights. In fact, there was something similar in SVR 2007, and there was a pushback against it.

2. Giant CAWs and other giants would look out of place if only one giant or a few had these perks. Why restrict it to one wrestler when you can give the player more advanced options? Then again, I hardly play as in game wrestlers, so I’m a bit biased towards CAWs. People who don’t like CAWs or hate CAWs will feel differently, so my opinion is likely unpopular.

I was thinking you start with one person with unique and unmistakable movements like an Andre, and branch it out from there if it’s successfully done. Nobody else sells like Andre circa WM3, so would it look out of place? Sure, but realistic. Should Cruiserweights stand a chance against Andre or atleast the myth of him? No. Don’t pick them. If you pick them, you have to move heaven and earth to get a victory over Andre. Imagine Tiger Mask or Rey Mysterio getting a victory over Andre…..anything can happen, but it should be hard as hell. And as it branches out, you’ll see more key superstars with their own walks, stances, selling styles, reversals, etc….hopefully selectable for caws as well. Just like the old days.

I mainly wanted Andre to be the catalyst for such changes to go into effect, which is why I called it the Andre Project. As I mentioned, Rock and Austin are among many superstars that could use such a treatment. Maybe we start with legends and work our way out from there to the modern superstars. Wrestling games already have way more movement(s) than any other sports or fighting game I believe…..I get that. However, in pretty much every sports or fighting game, players have their own styles of doing things…..Jordan even stick his tongue out when he dunks. I want such personal features in my wrestling games going forward.

i just would've settled for if we could set damn near everything to (none) in the older games. I always hated having to choose mid turnbuckle dives for ppl who have never done a dive. Having to give submissions to a wrestler that has  no submissions. Trying to find suitable rear grapples for ppl that have maybe done 1 or 2 rear grapples ever, and both aren't even in the game.

12 hours ago, A N T I - said:

I was gonna pitch something like 3 years ago called the Andre Project. Andre should have his own stance, his own walk, his own way of selling strikes, instead of being against the ropes normally, he should get his arms stuck between the top and middle rope, really just making it feel like you’re really facing Andre, down to his own reversal style where he rarely, if ever, leaves his feet….certainly not to do something out of character like a headlock takeover or a fireman’s carry takedown….nor should he duck a punch like a skilled boxer….and if that worked for him, we could branch it out and use such personalization for other superstars. I mean Andre should even leave his feet a certain way…hell, it should take moving heaven and earth to even get him off his feet. And if they can do with him, there are plenty of others who should have unique reversal styles and selling styles and walking styles. Let’s bring those aspects of gameplay back. Maybe they did to a degree, who knows? They were on their way to something like that with Yuke’s, but Andre never felt like Andre, Rock and Austin never felt like Rock and Austin. There was so much customization needed that wasn’t there.

I think thats one reason why people love HCTP so much...especially if you played with Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker etc.
They felt more unique with stances, special animated moves etc.

But it would take a lot of time to do stuff like this for everyone, so i can see why its not possible.
Even with a smaller Roster, you still have 50+ people you would need to animate etc...thats way too time consuming.

Its easier to make only 3 specific categories for moves, even that is very time consuming...but with Cruiserweight, Heavyweight, Super Heavyweight you get at least something.
But your idea is very good and its one reason i think why im not super excited anymore for the WWE games.
Everyone, everything plays the same.
Many wrestlers have the same moves and not much unique stuff that makes them feel different than the others.
Its like you simply switched out the Model...and that makes to me the game feel less exciting.
They dont feel different, even when you give them a few of the more unique moves they still feel all like the same template.
Randy Orton doesnt play different than Rey, Undertakers punches dont feel heavier than Dolph Zigglers etc.

I think thats my biggest problem, the games feel more like you have mirror matches in beat em ups instead of having two different characters.

They had to be careful what they showed, otherwise maybe we’d have gotten a little bit more to chew on gameplay-wise. Even them showing Kevin Owens was kinda ?. On the surface, it didn’t look like anything crazy different, but we might be looking at a bent-over position to set up Lashley’s Dominator. Time will tell. We also atleast got to see that punch-ducking animation. Time will tell if that’s dodge or a reversal or whatever. I’m just curious why they specifically chose those three moves for Kofi v Jeff Hardy to show. They look like the gameplay of old. Maybe they just wanted to show off the updated models, which look great. How different can pro wrestling gameplay really be without turning everyone against it? Even though, if you really look at previous 2K gameplay, it isn’t good. It’s so stiff, slow and robotic. Everything about it needed to change. I hope the consumer base realizes that.

Small thing but I do hope diving animations have been adjusted so that dives with taunts or wind up animations at the start don't look weird because they flow out of the default "prepare to jump" animation, like the flying goat or macho elbow.

I'm assuming attributes will work the same way they have been for the last few years. I hope those things shown in the CAW mode are just default templates but are fully editable and we still have all the detailed attributes like Arm Durability, Strike Speed, Leg Power etc so characters have unique stats.

1 hour ago, miguelnuva said:

Copying on to the Andre project I would have

Hogan

Andre

Rock

Austin

Undertaker

These superstars would get special animations unique to them.

For sure. People you may not instantly think of like Bruno and Dusty and Warrior could also have these unique settings. It really makes the dev team have to study their movements and what makes each of them unique from one another and how to incorporate it into gameplay. I remember making Bruno all those years, and then the one year he was in the game, and being frustrated because I didn’t have the tools I needed to recreate Bruno’s wrestling style…..the way he sorts of runs and rampages all over the ring. Or imagine punching Warrior and he no sells and starts shaking….or if you knock him down and he uses the ropes to pull himself up, he’s shaking the ropes…iconic stuff like that is what’s gonna get us back to a respectable IGN rating, I think. Lol

Just something I can’t believe no one has picked up on yet:

In the 2K press release for MyFaction they listed the ability to create a faction to “rival the nWo”. Interesting they directly list the nWo and not just say someting generic like “the best factions of all time”. Makes me think the nWo will have a part to play in the mode, and if so, who will we see repesting the group? Obviously we will see Hogan/Hall/Nash, but I feel X-Pac is extremely likely too if they need a fourth member. 

TL;DR: Possible nWo stuff in MyFaction, with potentially Hogan & X-Pac getting nWo variants. 

10 hours ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

I'm assuming attributes will work the same way they have been for the last few years. I hope those things shown in the CAW mode are just default templates but are fully editable and we still have all the detailed attributes like Arm Durability, Strike Speed, Leg Power etc so characters have unique stats.

If i remember correctly, the developers already said that what we seen is just to make it easier for casual players...you still will be able to fully edit the attributes.
Honestly i hope we can use a few templates because i find it tedious to do the attributes who dont really change that much.

5 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

Just something I can’t believe no one has picked up on yet:

In the 2K press release for MyFaction they listed the ability to create a faction to “rival the nWo”. Interesting they directly list the nWo and not just say someting generic like “the best factions of all time”. Makes me think the nWo will have a part to play in the mode, and if so, who will we see repesting the group? Obviously we will see Hogan/Hall/Nash, but I feel X-Pac is extremely likely too if they need a fourth member. 

TL;DR: Possible nWo stuff in MyFaction, with potentially Hogan & X-Pac getting nWo variants. 

Possibly.
I dont really know how the mode works, the MyTeam stuff works simple in basketball, football etc but in wrestling?
And its not like we have many factions currently, so will they go with Fictional ones, old school...meaning we really get NWO variants?
Hard to say how the mode works, if the mentioned will be in the game or were just used as example for the mode.
Would definitly be cool if we could unlock DX/NWO etc versions of the wrestlers...maybe arenas or so.

3 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

it been confim by smacktalks that there are 30000 moves in game and 5000 are new

He made a bit of a mess there because he seems to talk more about Animations in general and not specificly wrestling moves.
Because shortly after he mentioned that he assumes that in this number, entrance animations etc are in.
So the wording on "moves" is maybe a bit wrong there.

But even so, 30000 animations with 5000 new...thats a lot.
It seems really that engine or code limit with how many animations etc the game can have, was a huge deal none of us realized.
On that note, again i have to praise Yukes then for managing to get as much stuff as we got in the previous games despite that.

Thumbs up to VC on the work they put in the animation department, because getting 5000 animations is taking a lot of work either way.

I switched back to 2K19 earlier this year, but I do miss a lot of the new first timers that were in 2K20. There's some great caws on 19 but it just ain't the same. Ima miss Keith Lee if he doesn't make the cut next year.

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

I Just closed down my ps4 after playing wwe2k20, gotta say Toni Storm is damn cool to play as. Mia Yim too..

If Toni's new finisher is in wwe2k22, I'm giving RB a virtual hug..

Do you remember the first time she performed it vs Zoey? It was a ddt and not a cutter. Good times. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived