WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Poor girl, she's got a rough road ahead..

As long as she's upfront with people and doesn't feed them bullshit (looking at you Sitterson, you sad sack of crap) I'm hoping she'll do okay.

Don’t take stuff from the past so personally when it comes to guys like that. They had a job to do and if they were bullshit artists, it’s probably because they were getting paid to be bullshit artists on behalf of corporate. I’ve never been in the position but helping work on wrestling games is my dream. I don’t know how or what I could to help anymore besides lend ideas but a guy can dream. Lol. I’d like to think I’d be upfront with my community about everything but who knows? Name your price. Lol

I forget when the last time was that we didn’t have the star rating system but I hate it because it distracts and detracts from what’s supposed to be the fun and spontaneity of gameplay imo. I like that it stops people (every once in awhile) from spamming the same shit, particularly stomps, but it isn’t needed. They can come up with something better. I want the least things cluttering up my screen possible. I just wanna goddamn wrestle, to quote Bryan Danielson.

I hate squash matches because I’m usually on the receiving end of it and have to fight my way to a longshot victory when I just wanted to have a normal match. Normal matches are still like drawn out squash matches to me. I use exhibition matches to test out caws and their movesets so I get to see pretty much every move in action before defeating my opponent. Even when I’m the one in the green, it’s just such a boring concept for these games and I’d rather have the option to turn them off. Not sure if that’s already possible.

12 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

WWE 2K's attempts at community building (or rebuilding up trust in the game via community reach out) has been pretty bad always and forever so I doubt much will change

Pretty much this.

We’re kind of in this bubble where we’ve played all the games and know which ones were good and which ones sucked. To those outside of our bubble, there hasnt been a great game since HCTP or SVR 2006. There’s this weird narrative that’s picked up steam all over social media that SVR 2007 was good. I remember 2007 being a massive letdown after how great 2006 was, but to each their own.

Point is some of us think there were some okay games under the 2K regime, and maybe even a great one in 2K19, but casual fans or older fans of these games don’t wanna hear it. And I’m inclined to side with them because I realize I’m in the bubble. From the outside looking in, 2K put out one good game and that’s probably because of Yuke’s and it being their last hurrah, now that we’ve seen the shit they try to pull without them. And was 2K19 really that good? Or was it just the best 2K could do? Maybe someone else could do way better and restore the past glory of the games. I don’t know of anyone who stopped playing these games but was won back because of 2K19. Again, us in the bubble really liked it because finally 2K put out something decent and worth our time. 2K19 could still have been much, much better.  2K20 was just another bad 2K game. I never forgot 2K18’s issues with caws and 2K15 through 17 were forgettable completely.

5 hours ago, Mr155551 said:

2K14 was pretty good from what i saw to me That was the last great game before 2K19 appeared although i kinda love 2K16 and 2K18 as well

2K14 was 2K in name only and iirc still had its fair share of problems.

Yup. 2K14 was Yukes/THQ. While 2K14 was a good game? It had issues. Also, that was the last game I played (and enjoyed) online matches. Back then, lobbies were simple. Plus, I didn't run into any of the usual cheap ass noobs with finishers as grapples etc. Every match I had was fun. Then 2K *censored*ed it up after that.

9 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

Yup. 2K14 was Yukes/THQ. While 2K14 was a good game? It had issues. Also, that was the last game I played (and enjoyed) online matches. Back then, lobbies were simple. Plus, I didn't run into any of the usual cheap ass noobs with finishers as grapples etc. Every match I had was fun. Then 2K *censored*ed it up after that.

I hated the grappling reversals in 2K14, it was so easy it almost made it not fun to play.

The relationship between 2K and WWE has to be hilariously strained at this point, like “STOP CHANGING THINGS”. “Yeah? Well you were supposed to release this by October, so… maybe quit being whiny little bitches… you ain’t the ones takin bumps…” “BUT WE RELEASED A TRAILER FOR A MARCH RELEASE THATS ALREADY OUTDATED”…”Yeah? Tough shit.” Lol

Things just move so quickly in wrestling that it’s hard to accurately capture any one specific point in time without something, if not the whole thing, being outdated within weeks to months. I’d call Visual Concepts more of a mess right now than WWE. They’re scrambling to piece together a wrestling game with not a lot of experience while the consumer base expects something fresh, something new, and something that rivals the past decades of Yuke’s-assisted releases. There’s almost no way it can be done. Expectations should be tempered and yet, we’re sick to death of lowering our expectations every year because 2K is “figuring it out” or whatever they wanna paint it as this year. 

14 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

WWE is a mess overall and their partnership with 2K reflects this. At this point I'm more excited about the AEW game or some of the No Mercy mods that I've been following over this latest WWE 2K game.

Its not easy for VC, but in general for 2k.
Like we heard in the past that the developer actually had to rip music since the WWE didnt gave them access to the source material, or had to get everything they do greenlit by the wwe before starting and so on.
A lot of micromanagment and unwillingness from the WWE to help.

Of course it seems that this has changed now, but considering this all...and the timezone difference/Language barrier Yukes had to deal with, i do have far more respect for their games.

Now with the tons of releases that put even more pressure onto VC, it cant be easy for them.
I dont even want to blame VC for the current state, i blame 2k as publisher and WWE as partner for the mess.
VC does its best im sure.

But yeah, im so hyped for the AEW game and Wrestling Code...its insane.
Of course that can change easily in January when 2k reveals more material for wwe2k22, but at the moment i feel nothing for the new game.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived