WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eastcoastkody said:

can u explain what im not seeing in gameplay vids? Because i've been watching a ton of gameplay and i really don't like what im seeing. What is it that ppl are liking if u can articulate why this is better than what we had

I wouldn’t say it’s better necessarily. I love 2K19 and how it feels. I would say my style is more of a Indy/strong style inspiration. So lots of strong strikes, high flying, crazy spots, etc. Until I fully get a grasp of these controls I can’t exactly recreate what I could in 2K19, but I would say overall the game just feels fresh. Something about the movements, and just small nuances. It’s hard to explain. But it just feels good. 

I remember when I initially played 2K20 I didn’t like it much at all and gave up after a week. I don’t see myself doing that with this game honestly. 

45 minutes ago, MayorHaggar said:

Do we still not know whether Dijakovic is unlockable in MyRise? Evidently there's also an HBK model from Crown Jewell that shows up. 

I would really hope Dijakovic and the Goddess Bliss etc aren’t tied to the mode. That would really suck, when the models are in the game. 

Ok this is stupid!

It wants me to sign in with a 2k account and my forums one only works on the browser but not in the game so I had to create a new one at WWW.2k.com.

However the verification just won't come so I can finish the account creation and finally enter the game on PS5.  Not in my junk mail either.

I resent twice already and still nothing. 20 Minutes have passed already.

Never mind I could still start the game now even the verification mail still didn't arrive so I can confirm my e-mail. -.-

10 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

I like that it's more organic, as in there's no mini cutscene for it to happen

I hate that the impact looks off and that the opponent doesn't actually breach the barrier but instead bounces off of it

hopefully the other OMG moves left in work better

The wrestler specific ones (Bayley's sliding DDT, Roman's Drive By, etc) probably look just fine if they're in but I wonder if Braun and Andre can still break the ring with a superplex.

1 minute ago, El Marsh said:

I hate that the impact looks off and that the opponent doesn't actually breach the barrier but instead bounces off of it

Yeah, I think this perfectly sums up my issues with it as well

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Holy shit that looked smooth, never seen a sequence in a wrestling game look as smooth as that, and i loved how seamlessly the guy switched targets at the end. I got a feeling this is gonna be one of the best wrestling games gameplay wise theres been.

you have no idea....

I've played this game for 6 hours straight now and as a hardcore fan since HCTP, who bought every game, every year at release, I went very sceptical Into this year, but, long story short, it fulfilled almost all expectations I had and it's the best new WWE game release since maybe even a decade. I haven't tested every single detail yet of course, just what was important to me and what I wanted to test out but I think I experienced a lot in the last 6 hours to give a little overview about positive and negative things.

First things first, the new gameplay is really, really good. I was extremely sceptical when it came to the combo system, but now after playing a lot of matches, I know what their intention was and it really works well. Instead of being a changed up system that replaces old systems, it's a pure addition to the gameplay on top of everything that feels naturally implemented, the same goes for the the blocking and the dodging. We still can do 8 front grapples with B/Circle and then A/X up, down, left, right or B/Circle and then X/Square up, down, left, right. We still can lift opponents on our shoulder and walk around with them, which the CPU uses a lot, we still can do our Payback moves, turning the opponent around for backgrapples, go onto the the second rope and simply still do everything we know from former games but now on top, with doing specific combos, we can naturally end kicks and punches into grapples or other moves like clotheslines. We have 3 separate lists of combo moves for every wrestler, every list can either be activated with X/Square, X/Square and ?? or X/Square and ?? and every list has 10 moves, that means these are 30 more moves you can assign to everyone.

You don't have to use them, but you can and it really feels good to try combos here and there in a match. It's a perfect addition to the gameplay we already know.

Same with the new blocking (holding Y/Triangle), dodging(RB/R1) or punch kick counter which happens when you press either X/Square or A/X at the same time as the opponent does. You don't have to use all this, in fact I barely ever dodged or blocked in my 6 hours of playing and I only punch kick countered here and there, I mostly just played like I always did and it's completely fine.

It's extra options that adds to the gameplay but doesn't take anything away, it's fantastic.

Now, to the game modes, AI and other things.

It is, also probably the most bug free new WWE title I've played in around 10 years. Yes I had a few already in Universe Mode where as example, I activated LB+Y for a timed interference, the interference music hit but instead of the cutscene where the opponent looks at the screen, he simply collapsed like a wet sack (physically correct tho, looked great) and the music never stopped, or in Multimen matches or tag team you have your typical small chaos jank moments wenn a move can't be interrupted or you miss running moves, but so far, I didn't experience any game or mode breaking problems, something especially former Universe Mode had a lot of.

I immediately put everything on Legendary, activated the manual rope break, activated blood, and activated post match replays, everything was off at default and I can really recommend the replays this year, the implementation feels really high quality with a lot of new and fantastic camera angles.

Experience with the AI is a bit mixed, they act great, they do a lot and it's really fun against them, I just don't know yet how the game balances pinfalls.

The first match I had was Edge vs Reigns and it was a 5 star classic, back and forth, a lot of kick outs and it was a blast, super good. The second match I had tho, was also good, but suddenly ended after the first signature moves. That was odd, an exception so far but it happened. But I would say it's definitely not bad this year and with the button mash system you can still kickout after 2 finishers if you're really mashing, it's therefore not forced, which is good.

I played a bit MyFaction and it's my personal highlight this year and really addicting. They really nailed this mode, the presentation and the feeling with the exception of 1 thing.

There are no entrances, not even optional and that destroys a lot for me. The mode in general gives you an amazing vibe of having your own stable group that you train and you progress with. That you're on NXT here adds a lot to the feeling of that, it really sucks you in you're invested into the mode and cards.

I just wish you wouldn't directly start into a match every time I hope they patch that, otherwise, after failed experiments like the towers which I never touched cause I never saw any reason to play them as a huge simulation fan, this mode here does it, it's a huge success and I hope they continue it in the future with a fair balance so people don't have to pay extra of course.

I also played 1 whole week of Universe mode and have positives and negatives to report. Postive first, besides promos, nothing seem to miss, I think. So far I also had no big bugs, everything I tried works. I can use alternate attires and choose them, title matches worked, interferences worked (exception of 1 time), you can still choose pre mid and after match and yes you can edit and add matches now after the show started.

One big negative thing tho. When you edit a show and you select superstars, the selection neither show you anymore in which brand the superstars are, nor does it only gives you the roster people as selection. If you don't have this written down somewhere else, you can't find out here. The other games always had the show logo at their names, this is not the case anymore. Besides that, so far ?, everything worked, which is a dream in comparison to 2k20 and yes even 19 or 18, all of the last games were horribly broken in some way in this mode till they fixed some things.

I also saw people already got the mask off of T-Bar and Mace and while people uploaded several Scarlett's, none of them worked as wrestler so far, the old bug doesn't work anymore cause you simply can't switch between wrestler and manager anymore in the edit menu, or I can't find it at least.

Oh and I was a HUGE critic when it came to the first Screenshots of the championships and I now have to admit, I was wrong, they look mostly phenomenal and finally really, really good and high quality. There is still a little bit air left to improve them more, but I'm really satisfied with how they look right now.

By the way, I can't find any menu with unlockable things this year or any menu where I can unlock something with currency, this confuses me hard, can anyone help here?

Now I will try to list everything again with a few extra things in short points since the text is long enough.

- Combo Mechanic is more an addition on top of the gameplay I stead of a replacement, it feels super naturally implemented

- Same with the blocking, dodging and same button press blocking, everything optional as new additions, nothing has to be used, you can still play as always

- Most bug free WWE game I've played in the last decade. Nothing game breaking so far

- AI is pretty good this year, tries to do a lot of different stuff, matches can be long and exciting, but some can also end shortly, have to test this more. More matches were long with many kickouts tho

- Replays are amazing this year, activate them!

- Blood looks good this year, not sure if it has a dynamic factored or not, but it looks good and it gets more on the face after time

- MyFaction is the addition of the year for me. Such an addicting mode with wonderful presentation and feeling. I just wish it had entrances, please patch them in 2K, you did a mode here that feels immersive even tho it shouldn't, you nailed the presentation so good it feels immersive and for that I want my entrances

- Universe Mode is also almost bugfree, nothing game breaking here, so far

- Only had one bug where I triggered an interference mid match and the cutscene where my opponent looks at the titantron didn't trigger, instead my opponent collapsed like a wet sack physically correct tho, lol

- Universe has a new feature this year, you can edit matches or add some while the show is running, it works and is great

- Alternate Attires are selectable and seem to work, haven't played a match with one yet

- Big Universe minus point tho, while selecting people for matches, it doesn't show on which brand they are anymore, you have to make your own notes somewhere....

- Raw doesn't have the real opening theme in Universe mode

- Maskless T-Bar and Mace is possible!

- Titles look spectacular, the best they ever looked and I was incredibly sceptical about that but now I can confirm

- I love that we can add real life photos as render for CAWs now, unbelievably great addition!

And you can do pictures with this game, unbelievable.

rNTamo.png

rNThu9.png

3 minutes ago, CM_EDGE said:

I've played this game for 6 hours straight now and as a hardcore fan since HCTP, who bought every game, every year at release, I went very sceptical Into this year, but, long story short, it fulfilled almost all expectations I had and it's the best new WWE game release since maybe even a decade. I haven't tested every single detail yet of course, just what was important to me and what I wanted to test out but I think I experienced a lot in the last 6 hours to give a little overview about positive and negative things.

First things first, the new gameplay is really, really good. I was extremely sceptical when it came to the combo system, but now after playing a lot of matches, I know what their intention was and it really works well. Instead of being a changed up system that replaces old systems, it's a pure addition to the gameplay on top of everything that feels naturally implemented, the same goes for the the blocking and the dodging. We still can do 8 front grapples with B/Circle and then A/X up, down, left, right or B/Circle and then X/Square up, down, left, right. We still can lift opponents on our shoulder and walk around with them, which the CPU uses a lot, we still can do our Payback moves, turning the opponent around for backgrapples, go onto the the second rope and simply still do everything we know from former games but now on top, with doing specific combos, we can naturally end kicks and punches into grapples or other moves like clotheslines. We have 3 separate lists of combo moves for every wrestler, every list can either be activated with X/Square, X/Square and ?? or X/Square and ?? and every list has 10 moves, that means these are 30 more moves you can assign to everyone.

You don't have to use them, but you can and it really feels good to try combos here and there in a match. It's a perfect addition to the gameplay we already know.

Same with the new blocking (holding Y/Triangle), dodging(RB/R1) or punch kick counter which happens when you press either X/Square or A/X at the same time as the opponent does. You don't have to use all this, in fact I barely ever dodged or blocked in my 6 hours of playing and I only punch kick countered here and there, I mostly just played like I always did and it's completely fine.

It's extra options that adds to the gameplay but doesn't take anything away, it's fantastic.

Now, to the game modes, AI and other things.

It is, also probably the most bug free new WWE title I've played in around 10 years. Yes I had a few already in Universe Mode where as example, I activated LB+Y for a timed interference, the interference music hit but instead of the cutscene where the opponent looks at the screen, he simply collapsed like a wet sack (physically correct tho, looked great) and the music never stopped, or in Multimen matches or tag team you have your typical small chaos jank moments wenn a move can't be interrupted or you miss running moves, but so far, I didn't experience any game or mode breaking problems, something especially former Universe Mode had a lot of.

I immediately put everything on Legendary, activated the manual rope break, activated blood, and activated post match replays, everything was off at default and I can really recommend the replays this year, the implementation feels really high quality with a lot of new and fantastic camera angles.

Experience with the AI is a bit mixed, they act great, they do a lot and it's really fun against them, I just don't know yet how the game balances pinfalls.

The first match I had was Edge vs Reigns and it was a 5 star classic, back and forth, a lot of kick outs and it was a blast, super good. The second match I had tho, was also good, but suddenly ended after the first signature moves. That was odd, an exception so far but it happened. But I would say it's definitely not bad this year and with the button mash system you can still kickout after 2 finishers if you're really mashing, it's therefore not forced, which is good.

I played a bit MyFaction and it's my personal highlight this year and really addicting. They really nailed this mode, the presentation and the feeling with the exception of 1 thing.

There are no entrances, not even optional and that destroys a lot for me. The mode in general gives you an amazing vibe of having your own stable group that you train and you progress with. That you're on NXT here adds a lot to the feeling of that, it really sucks you in you're invested into the mode and cards.

I just wish you wouldn't directly start into a match every time I hope they patch that, otherwise, after failed experiments like the towers which I never touched cause I never saw any reason to play them as a huge simulation fan, this mode here does it, it's a huge success and I hope they continue it in the future with a fair balance so people don't have to pay extra of course.

I also played 1 whole week of Universe mode and have positives and negatives to report. Postive first, besides promos, nothing seem to miss, I think. So far I also had no big bugs, everything I tried works. I can use alternate attires and choose them, title matches worked, interferences worked (exception of 1 time), you can still choose pre mid and after match and yes you can edit and add matches now after the show started.

One big negative thing tho. When you edit a show and you select superstars, the selection neither show you anymore in which brand the superstars are, nor does it only gives you the roster people as selection. If you don't have this written down somewhere else, you can't find out here. The other games always had the show logo at their names, this is not the case anymore. Besides that, so far ?, everything worked, which is a dream in comparison to 2k20 and yes even 19 or 18, all of the last games were horribly broken in some way in this mode till they fixed some things.

I also saw people already got the mask off of T-Bar and Mace and while people uploaded several Scarlett's, none of them worked as wrestler so far, the old bug does t work anymore cause you simply can't switch between wrestler and manager anymore in the edit menu, or I can't find it at least.

Oh and I was a HUGE critic when it came to the first Screenshots of the championships and I now have to admit, I was wrong, they look mostly phenomenal and finally really, really good and high quality. There is still a little bit air left to improve them more, but I'm really satisfied with how they look right now.

By the way, I can't find any menu with unlockable things this year or any menu where I can unlock something with currency, this confuses me hard, can anyone help here?

Now I will try to list everything again with a few extra things in short points since the text is long enough.

- Combo Mechanic is more an addition on top of the gameplay I stead of a replacement, it feels super naturally implemented

- Same with the blocking, dodging and same button press blocking, everything optional as new additions, nothing has to be used, you can still play as always

- Most bug free WWE game I've played in the last decade. Nothing game breaking so far

- AI is pretty good this year, tries to do a lot of different stuff, matches can be long and exciting, but some can also end shortly, have to test this more. More matches were long with many kickouts tho

- Replays are amazing this year, activate them!

- Blood looks good this year, not sure if it has a dynamic factored or not, but it looks good and it gets more on the face after time

- MyFaction is the addition of the year for me. Such an addicting mode with wonderful presentation and feeling. I just wish it had entrances, please patch them in 2K, you did a mode here that feels immersive even tho it shouldn't, you nailed the presentation so good it feels immersive and for that I want my entrances

- Universe Mode is also almost bugfree, nothing game breaking here, so far

- Only had one bug where I triggered an interference mid match and the cutscene where my opponent looks at the titantron didn't trigger, instead my opponent collapsed like a wet sack physically correct tho, lol

- Universe has a new feature this year, you can edit matches or add some while the show is running, it works and is great

- Alternate Attires are selectable and seem to work, haven't played a match with one yet

- Big Universe minus point tho, while selecting people for matches, it doesn't show on which brand they are anymore, you have to make your own notes somewhere....

- Raw doesn't have the real opening theme in Universe mode

- Maskless T-Bar and Mace is possible!

- Titles look spectacular, the best they ever looked and I was incredibly sceptical about that but now I can confirm

- I love that we can add real life photos as render for CAWs now, unbelievably great addition!

And you can do pictures with this game, unbelievable.

rNTamo.png

rNThu9.png

Just wanna say thank you for the in depth review and thoughts here. Awesome stuff dude. 

More bored speculation:

Most Wanted DLC: Cactus Jack, Bron Breakker, Ronda Rousey, Indi Hartwell, Mr. T

Clowning Around DLC: Doink, Madcap Moss, Rick Boogs, Wes Lee & Nash Carter

Banzai DLC: Yokozuna, Doudrop, Ilja Dragunov, Vader, Umaga

Stand Back DLC: The Hurricane, Xia Li, Ridge Holland, The Boogeyman, Aliyah

Whole Dam Show DLC: RVD, MGK, Carmelo Hayes, Stacy Kiebler, Omos

27 minutes ago, El Marsh said:

hopefully the other OMG moves left in work better

The wrestler specific ones (Bayley's sliding DDT, Roman's Drive By, etc) probably look just fine if they're in but I wonder if Braun and Andre can still break the ring with a superplex.

I think it will look a lot better if they are actually leaning against the barricade and this time they weren't

I'm playing 2K19 and it's making me appreciate King Booker lol. I wish we still had him as an alt attire or a long haired Booker or SOMETHING.

I can't wait to play this game after Raw is over, the reviews and game footage has me hella excited. This is probably the most stoked I've been for a game since 2K14

8 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

So.. I'm hearing their are logo upload issues again? If so.. what the actual *Censored* 2K.

Sadly, that's unsurprising given both the precedent of their being launch day issues with this AND their ambitious goal of making CAW content accessible across all platforms. It sounds amazing on paper but in practice......we can only hope that whatever issues may be present are addressed sooner than later

3 minutes ago, King RyderFan said:

Hey, we gotta keep something consistant in the series. Haha.

lol so true

42 minutes ago, .jackkk said:

I would really hope Dijakovic and the Goddess Bliss etc aren’t tied to the mode. That would really suck, when the models are in the game. 

I wonder if Slapjack has a Shane Thorne alt in the MyRise seeing as he was on NXT before the faction he was in happened.

T-Bar has an alt in MyRise confirmed from the MyRise picture and Reckoning was confirmed being in alongside her Mia Yim self.

7 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

I'm playing 2K19 and it's making me appreciate King Booker lol. I wish we still had him as an alt attire or a long haired Booker or SOMETHING.

I can't wait to play this game after Raw is over, the reviews and game footage has me hella excited. This is probably the most stoked I've been for a game since 2K14

I still swear that they straight up just got rid of his far superior 2k19 model and brought back the previous one in 2k20 and now 22. Not sure why but it's obvious when you see them side by side. 

8 minutes ago, El Marsh said:

Sadly, that's unsurprising given both the precedent of their being launch day issues with this AND their ambitious goal of making CAW content accessible across all platforms. It sounds amazing on paper but in practice......we can only hope that whatever issues may be present are addressed sooner than later

The problem is that there is a significent logo upload problem a lot of people, including me, suffer from in 2k20 that never went away. I'm worried that's back.

If Dijakovic isn't unlockable, I hope people create so much uproar, that they patch it. It doesn't make sense to have assets in the game like that and lock them behind certain modes. If you had Ribbie as an unlockable in 2k20 then it should be common sense that people like Dijakovic, Nikki Cross etc, who is still under contract with the company, have their alt versions, that people would like to use, be useable outside a specific mode. I'm pretty sure most people would prefer these versions, even if they're outdated. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived