WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could say I'm surprised but them hiding this news till the last second (and too late for some for sure) for a release that was seen by a lot of people as a make good type game, that had new people in charge promising better communication and transparency, I can't help but laugh a little even though it's scummy AF.

Always a good idea to hide something that could piss off community creators who make this game playable long term.

4 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

We may not have advanced entrance creation anymore but at least people can win a Wrestlemania themed wedding. 

and you get to recreate Superstar entrance tiktok videos to!!!   :D ...?...:facepalm:

29 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I wish I could say I'm surprised but them hiding this news till the last second (and too late for some for sure) for a release that was seen by a lot of people as a make good type game, that had new people in charge promising better communication and transparency, I can't help but laugh a little even though it's scummy AF.

Always a good idea to hide something that could piss off community creators who make this game playable long term.

Not defending 2k but name me one marketing campaign that advertises what they dont have

Had they have done Q&As or show creation suite then yes you could say they hid it BUT to expect them to come out and say "yeah we removed this and that we know it will piss you off LMAO sorry" is just dumb

Looking at how entrances look now it does make sense that they took it out but it still sucks that they did. 

They essentially took out Advanced Entrances in 2k15, and while it sucked... we all made it through. I want them to build a functional game before they keep the bells and whistles. I'll say this: I want to be able to create my 100 CAWs without the game crashing or my character's hair from gaining sentience and trying to absorb the entire arena. If I have to use one of the HUNDREDS of already recorded entrances for superstars, released stars, and indie stars for a year then fine. If I have to learn a new gameplay style, that's okay too. It's going to take getting used to, but we aren't getting the short end of the stick like we did for 2k15. We didn't go back down to 25 CAW slots(not to mention losing female CAWs in general), not get any of the 360 era creation features like Arena, Belt, and Custom Music(though that's on hardware developers for not really adding that to the XB1/PS4), and essentially be given a handful of match types with a HIGHLY reduced roster.

We've had it worse. We will survive. If you don't wanna buy the game? Cool! Don't buy it. No one is forcing you to. 

1 minute ago, Golden Boy® said:

Not defending 2k but name me one marketing campaign that advertises what they dont have

Had they have done Q&As or show creation suite then yes you could say they hid it BUT to expect them to come out and say "yeah we removed this and that we know it will piss you off LMAO sorry" is just dumb

Looking at how entrances look now it does make sense that they took it out but it still sucks that they did. 

If 2K were actually showing this game off over the long term and not just having content creators dumping videos less than a week before launch we would've gotten this information by now. The dude that told us even said he was going to mention it sooner but wasn't allowed to. Don't be this dense.

14 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

If 2K were actually showing this game off over the long term and not just having content creators dumping videos less than a week before launch we would've gotten this information by now. The dude that told us even said he was going to mention it sooner but wasn't allowed to. Don't be this dense.

Then content creators are equally to blame especially when they mentioned how they got blown away by the game without even hinting that some things might be missing

But again no marketing campaign highlights what they dont have, never.

27 minutes ago, MattOriginal said:

They essentially took out Advanced Entrances in 2k15, and while it sucked... we all made it through. I want them to build a functional game before they keep the bells and whistles. I'll say this: I want to be able to create my 100 CAWs without the game crashing or my character's hair from gaining sentience and trying to absorb the entire arena. If I have to use one of the HUNDREDS of already recorded entrances for superstars, released stars, and indie stars for a year then fine. If I have to learn a new gameplay style, that's okay too. It's going to take getting used to, but we aren't getting the short end of the stick like we did for 2k15. We didn't go back down to 25 CAW slots(not to mention losing female CAWs in general), not get any of the 360 era creation features like Arena, Belt, and Custom Music(though that's on hardware developers for not really adding that to the XB1/PS4), and essentially be given a handful of match types with a HIGHLY reduced roster.

We've had it worse. We will survive. If you don't wanna buy the game? Cool! Don't buy it. No one is forcing you to. 

You do have a point while losing advanced entrances sucks we will get through this and if we ever get a new wwe game in the future they will bring it back while it will be harder getting used to it I feel like eventually we will get used to it

9 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

Then content creators are equally to blame especially when they mentioned how they got blown away by the game without even hinting that some things might be missing

this a wild statement lmao

both sides of this discussion have been hilarious we are never gonna have an honest conversation about these games 

11 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

Content creators didn't make the decision to take it out and didn't make the decision to not market this game for months. If 2K had gone over creation suite weeks or months ago, this information would more than likely be out there. Instead it just looks like they hid it till the last second.

51 minutes ago, MattOriginal said:

It's not the removal that gets people angry, it's the lack of transparency about it. For a developer that memorably said they wanted to be "transparent" about the game and then pulls a 180, to the point it takes leakers from sea to shining sea to tell people what's in the game...that's what getting people upset over it.

That’s the flaw in the 2KNM system. The last people I’m gonna listen to about the game are people who are under 2K’s thumb with NDA’s and what not. If you want honest, unfiltered opinions, the 2K NextMakers are the last people you listen to until right before launch when info truly starts coming out. That being said, I’m not too shaken by the lack of advanced entrances. After awhile you skip entrances anyway. I’d like to see it return asap though.

Hard to say what the reaction would be if they were upfront and transparent enough for this info to have come out sooner. Not sure the ideal situation though is to make creators angry this close to launch when they are the most likely group to have this game pre-ordered already and are most likely to change their minds on that pre-order for something like this. Or the people that are now wondering what else 2K might be hiding and are wanting to cancel and wait and see now. I know I'm definitely wondering if there's anything else that 2K have messed with and tried to keep secret.

With as great as the roster is, losing advanced CAE wont be completely terrible, its gonna hurt guys with elaborate entrances like Aleister Black who aren't in the game, but guys with basic entrances like MJF, Punk, Omega, etc aint gonna be that hard to do entrances for. Hopefully they still have Aleister's entrance in from 2K20 under a different name, they've had Omega's in for a the last few games, someone mentioned Cole's entrance may still be in under a new name and we may have alot of preset indie entrances. It wont be so bad.

I mean if this had to be done for the game to actually run without crashing i understand, and i'm fine with it, 2K20's foundation was a shit show, so some stuff had to be gutted, the next one will likely have it back, which shouldn't be another 2 years.

3 minutes ago, Mr155551 said:

Cole’s entrance is called thunderous boom just looked at it

Yeah see so we still have entrances for guys not in the game, i imagine Aleisters is likely still in, fingers crossed. May have added some new guys entrances in the presets, cause they gave us LA Knight's entrance even though he wasn't in the game, gave us Omega's, hopefully theres some new entrances added in for some guys from AEW. I would think they'd wanna add more since they took away advanced CAE, would make sense to give us more presets for easy CAE.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived