WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

4 hours ago, Bushy. said:

I have no idea… and as a black person, none of the hair just looks like…me. Or anything that would really represent anyone else. Even something simple like body hair still looks like the terrible SVR 06 textures. 

I want some long neat fresh braids kinda like The Godfather had. It's been my hairstyle IRL for years. They have 1 that's a lot shorter than mine but it looks all messy like they never heard of a durag 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even mind the combo system, I really don't. I just hate that lockups are required for non combo grapples. I've said it before but it's just so.. arcadey and silly.

Ok, I checked the video closely.

The combo Chains are indeed preset and one can't replace the single moves within a chain.

One can only replace a chain with a other preset one out of the collection given.

Depending on the chain you have to use the appropriate buttons in sequence to pull the combo like in the MK KOF and other beat em up games.

Also the 3 slots don't equal picking 3 different moves for a combo like in the previous games but rather having one Chain per slot(towards, neutral, backwards) depending on which direction you hold the LS Stick during the combo you want to pull off.

This is bad in my opinion but not THAT major.

9 minutes ago, Saturi said:

Ok, I checked the video closely.

The combo Chains are indeed preset and one can't replace the single moves within a chain.

One can only replace a chain with a other preset one out of the collection given.

Depending on the chain you have to use the appropriate buttons in sequence to pull the combo like in the MK KOF and other beat em up games.

Also the 3 slots don't equal picking 3 different moves for a combo like in the previous games but rather having one Chain per slot(towards, neutral, backwards) depending on which direction you hold the LS Stick during the combo you want to pull off.

This is bad in my opinion but not THAT major.

RB just confirmed we can change the openers, links, and enders of the combo strings. 

50 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

How do you know that string doesn’t exist? 

I can only go by what was shown in the new moves video that was posted earlier. But that specific string is just one example -- there are countless other weak strike combinations that could easily be assigned in the last several games that are no longer possible through the new prefab approach. When most wrestlers perform strike combinations in real life they just repeat the same attack over and over -- it's "boring," but it's realistic -- and I only noticed a handful of those sequences in the video. Wrestlers like Rock, Austin, Hogan, Foley, HHH, Orton, and Cena like to throw a bunch of right hands with their own specific flourishes.

To give another example of a unique strike combination, Vader used to perform two right hammer punches followed by a left gut shot and another right hammer punch as a trademark sequence, and I've been able to approximate this in the last several games by stringing together certain punch animations. This specific combo also isn't present in the new moves video, and while Vader is rumored to be DLC, I'm not confident that it would be added alongside him.

I just really enjoy making my movesets as accurate as possible, and being forced to use 2K's predetermined (and mostly fictitious) combo links makes that much more difficult than it should be.

4 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

I can only go by what was shown in the new moves video that was posted earlier. But that specific string is just one example -- there are countless other weak strike combinations that could easily be assigned in the last several games that are no longer possible through the new prefab approach. When most wrestlers perform strike combinations in real life they just repeat the same attack over and over -- it's "boring," but it's realistic -- and I only noticed a handful of those sequences in the video. Wrestlers like Rock, Austin, Hogan, Foley, HHH, Orton, and Cena like to throw a bunch of right hands with their own specific flourishes.

To give another example of a unique strike combination, Vader used to perform two right hammer punches followed by a left gut shot and another right hammer punch as a trademark sequence, and I've been able to approximate this in the last several games by stringing together certain punch animations. This specific combo also isn't present in the new moves video, and while Vader is rumored to be DLC, I'm not confident that it would be added alongside him.

I just really enjoy making my movesets as accurate as possible, and being forced to use 2K's predetermined (and mostly fictitious) combo links makes that much more difficult than it should be.

Can't you feel the love in this forum?

4 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

As a Moveset Maker, if we're boxed into Preset Combos that can't be edited fully. Boy, 2k's going to hear about this .

2 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I just wish after two years give or take of dev time that there were more things I was excited about that felt worth my time and money. 

Yeah it's like Christmas Day and all you got was 1 Great Gift and Tons of Socks and Underwear but got 2-3 years in a row. It Sucks.?

6 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I just wish after two years give or take of dev time that there were more things I was excited about that felt worth my time and money. 

Yeah, I remember we were so excited to play 2K19 once info started coming out. Would be a shame if that were still the best game in the 2K series since I thought it could’ve been so much better.

If 2K22 ends up not as good as 2K19, i'll just buy 2K19 on PC and mod it. Im sure people will mod 2K22s moves in like they did 2K20, and im fairly certain there are mods to put new CAW parts in as well.

1 minute ago, Exorcism said:

PG once said in a tweet a lot of moves from 2k20 were reanimated. I’d like to know if that includes the DLC moves.

Most likely unless the Unlockable Superstars have tons of new moves on them. Does anybody know if these count all the  Story Mode Superstars as well? I'd assume not. 

i have the same feeling i had when i played Destiny 2 for the first time. It felt like Destiny made by ppl that hated Destiny 1.

i feel like 2k22 is a game for ppl that hated 2k19. Like all the lapsed fans that dont like wrestling anymore. But loved playing the games 15-20 years ago

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived