WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not really sure the game will actually be bad. It probably won't. Im just pissed because they ruined the series lol. If they didn't have the 2k realistic graphics and WWE 2k name....i might like this. 

This should've been a side game. A spinoff. Not the new mainline game. Thats my issue. They threw away the game we liked and made a worse All-Stars. When they could've just improved 2k19 and made an All-Stars 2.....which im sure ppl would've preferred

2 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

im not really sure the game will actually be bad. It probably won't. Im just pissed because they ruined the series lol. If they didn't have the 2k realistic graphics and WWE 2k name....i might like this. 

This should've been a side game. A spinoff. Not the new mainline game. Thats my issue. They threw away the game we liked and made a worse All-Stars. When they could've just improved 2k19 and made an All-Stars 2.....which im sure ppl would've preferred

The game will not be half as bad as much you people are reacting here but most of you like to nitpick while some do not know what they want. We kept hearing how they want new gameplay then proceeded to complain how the controls aren't the same as 2k19. They all wanted the here comes the pain format and when they got something similar to it everyone complained about the grappling or how the game drifted away from simulations. Others already wrote the game off as worse than 2k20. 

I am not saying that the game will be perfect but saying that a lot of people are overreacting is an understatement 

1 minute ago, Golden Boy® said:

The game will not be half as bad as much you people are reacting here but most of you like to nitpick while some do not know what they want. We kept hearing how they want new gameplay then proceeded to complain how the controls aren't the same as 2k19. They all wanted the here comes the pain format and when they got something similar to it everyone complained about the grappling or how the game drifted away from simulations. Others already wrote the game off as worse than 2k20. 

I am not saying that the game will be perfect but saying that a lot of people are overreacting is an understatement 

honestly the game looks good.  I love fighting games. I play a bunch of them. I play the UFC games. WWE All-Stars is one of my fave wrestling games of all time. If it was any other game i'd be excited too.  But im having trouble getting over the fact that they just shit all over the series we loved. This after 2k20 feels like a kick in the nuts right after a slap in the face.

8 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

Agreed

20 minutes ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

Anybody pre-order from Amazon before? I’m not supposed to be getting the game until the 15th due to shipping, no big deal. Will I still get all the preorder stuff with my deluxe edition?

Do it all the time and yes you will get all your pre-order stuff.

45 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

fans are a monolith and can all be put under one umbrella. ?the sim fans and the “make this more like HCTP” fans are definitely the same people ? nice nuanced take broseph ?

1 minute ago, crazyjk4 said:

This could be wishful thinking on my part but I think the combos start off as as a leg kick because its a default strike,

I'm still trying to understand if you can change the strikes and grapples within the combos. Do we know for sure that we can't? If we can freely edit the strikes and grapples then to me, combos aren't that big of a deal. If we have to just choose from a bunch of pre-made combos, then that sucks. 

Apparently we all requested HCTP style gameplay at some point, least according to Golden Boy we all requested the same things, did I miss another memo where we all collectively agreed to that? I'm not the best at checking my mail.

Agree with the people who don't like the combo system. It has looked out of place IMO since the beginning.

Isn't the AEW game supposed to be a mix of No Mercy and HCTP style gameplay? The glimpses of gameplay sure has HCTP vibes to it with a bit of a cartoony art style and aren't some people happy about that?

Although I guess it helps them that they announced since day 1 it would be classic arcade fun and an alternative for fans while 2K is supposed to be sim. 

Just now, Luis LXXXV said:

Isn't the AEW game supposed to be a mix of No Mercy and HCTP style gameplay? The glimpses of gameplay sure has HCTP vibes to it with a bit of a cartoony art style and aren't some people happy about that?

Although I guess it helps them that they announced since day 1 it would be classic arcade fun and an alternative for fans while 2K is supposed to be sim.

bingo.

21 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Apparently we all requested HCTP style gameplay at some point, least according to Golden Boy we all requested the same things, did I miss another memo where we all collectively agreed to that? I'm not the best at checking my mail.

Agree with the people who don't like the combo system. It has looked out of place IMO since the beginning.

I remember A LOT of people requesting HCTP gameplay, and have been since at least WWE 12.

1 minute ago, xphen0m said:

I remember A LOT of people requesting HCTP gameplay, and have been since at least WWE 12.

me too. do you think those are the same people currently complaining the game looks too much like HCTP?

i explained this previously but will do so again

you can edit: combo openers, combo linker trees and combo enders. they are 3 separate parts that are edited independently. the reason macho t's video has the leg kick at the start is because the leg kick is the opener and it is being previewed with the linker tree. combo starters can be basically any strike a player wants.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived