WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Ross Sapp from Fightful just posted a Q&A for Patreon members where he was asked about WWE 2K22 and the Keith Lee/released wrestlers appearing in a video before being removed. Said from what he understands, if a wrestler is popping up in AEW, they are probably going to be removed from the game. He was the first I saw mention anything about WWE 2K22 being delayed so he's had some news about the game in the past.

Just now, Prof_Sunshine said:

Sean Ross Sapp from Fightful just posted a Q&A for Patreon members where he was asked about WWE 2K22 and the Keith Lee/released wrestlers appearing in a video before being removed. Said from what he understands, if a wrestler is popping up in AEW, they are probably going to be removed from the game. He was the first I saw mention anything about WWE 2K22 being delayed so he's had some news about the game in the past.

only problem with someone like Keith Lee is the game is done now. The game will be showing up in stores probably this coming up week to get ready for launch in two weeks. The discs have been pressed. It's too late to remove Lee at this point. Now Andrade, Black, Cole, O'Reilly, Fish? Maaaaybe, but I still think it's unlikely.

well....yeah, Keith Lee being in the game and then showing up in AEW approx 2 weeks before ship date with the game in replication/press means most likely it is way too late. only way keith could be removed from the game at this rate would be via an extreme measure that would get the game bad press in abundance and Keith Lee wouldn't let that slide either. Because WWE would be directly messing with him, via prevention of likeness royalties from game sales.

Highly unlikely but...you can never tell these days.

26 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

SRS saying that sends a shiver down my spine.  Obviously Black, Andrade, Bryan, Mark Henry, Big Show, Christian, Cole, Ruby Riott, O'Reily, Fish, Martinez are not in that game...and that would probably mean IIconics are not there either, if this "wrestler in other promotion" thing holds weight.  It feels like 2K has been mandated by WWE to keep anyone who went to AEW out of the game. Worries me a bit, because god knows how far that mandate goes.

I know the game's done and dusted but WWE being as petty as they are....just hope this is SRS speculating, and less dropping hints about what's going to happen.

Are we not done with the released superstar issue in the roster. Keith Lee for sure will be in the game he debut in AEW too late for them to remove him. They removed the clip in the MyGM mode trailer since he is already in AEW. If you could see they did not edit the part where Nia Jax's name is featured.

We are 2 and half weeks from the day of release, for sure the game has gone gold for now and already being ready to be packed and be imported/delivered to retail stores all around the world. I have a feeling 2K is working on Day 1 patches for this game this days and not the base game anymore.

13 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

SRS saying that sends a shiver down my spine.  Obviously Black, Andrade, Bryan, Mark Henry, Big Show, Christian, Cole, Ruby Riott, O'Reily, Fish, Martinez are not in that game...and that would probably mean IIconics are not there either, if this "wrestler in other promotion" thing holds weight.  It feels like 2K has been mandated by WWE to keep anyone who went to AEW out of the game. Worries me a bit, because god knows how far that mandate goes.

I know the game's done and dusted but WWE being as petty as they are....just hope this is SRS speculating, and less dropping hints about what's going to happen.

From what we know and saw so far Summer Rae is in the game with the outfit she had on in the rumble (she posted the image on twitter revealing herself) so I think there will be a "Legends" or "Talent of the Past" DLC that includes her.

Due to that I think that if they indeed cut everyone out that went to a other company, they will probably fill the gaps with NXT Talent and Legends.

Everyone else we can create anyway. :)

6 minutes ago, black_machismo said:

Are we not done with the released superstar issue in the roster. Keith Lee for sure will be in the game he debut in AEW too late for them to remove him. They removed the clip in the MyGM mode trailer since he is already in AEW. If you could see they did not edit the part where Nia Jax's name is featured.

We are 2 and half weeks from the day of release, for sure the game has gone gold for now and already being ready to be packed and be imported/delivered to retail stores all around the world. I have a feeling 2K is working on Day 1 patches for this game this days and not the base game anymore.

Nia Jax isn't even signed by anyone, hell, she's even said she's retired (read: no one wants to sign me) so that's the difference. Nia isn't signed to a competitor, Keith is.

24 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

Nia Jax isn't even signed by anyone, hell, she's even said she's retired (read: no one wants to sign me) so that's the difference. Nia isn't signed to a competitor, Keith is.

Yes I know, but c'mon Keith Lee only debuted last week in AEW. Do you know how hard to remove just one wrestler in a game within a short timeframe. There is a lot of coding to be done there and testing. It's not just delete files. Since it might break or cause crash since the file structure is changed. And if 2K will not do a clean delete, modders could just activate and mod him back in the PC version.

For the others they have a huge chance that they will be not in the game which is a bummer because I want to use most of them in the game.

37 minutes ago, Saturi said:

From what we know and saw so far Summer Rae is in the game with the outfit she had on in the rumble (she posted the image on twitter revealing herself) so I think there will be a "Legends" or "Talent of the Past" DLC that includes her.

Due to that I think that if they indeed cut everyone out that went to a other company, they will probably fill the gaps with NXT Talent and Legends.

Everyone else we can create anyway. :)

Well the fact she was scanned doesn't mean she's going to be in the game. The Royal Rumble is a great place to scan people, as they will have tons of wrestlers in the same building including legends/alumni who are not going to be available at any other event, so it's a great chance to scan as many people as they can just in case they want to use those in the future

This is where we have to remind people that scans do not equate to in-game confirmation.

Most of the time, a scan is for something totally different (i.e. action figures by Mattel).
The scan tech for figures and games are two very different things, IIRC. So yes, don't get your hopes up Summer Rae somehow gets into the game because she was scanned.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived