WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive never played a GM mode....but this actually looks cool. Again i dont understand why this couldn't be combined with Universe. How much time and resources goes into creating another mode where u are running a show, when u already have a mode that does that. Can you not just put that money into improving Universe? Universe should've been the focus of this series. Not season modes. Not GM modes. Universe should be the season mode. It should be the GM mode. It can be everything.

custom GM's is awesome. Tho im sure many ppl will want to use in-game roster as GMs. Which one thing we've needed for decades since No Mercy had it was 4 attires per person. And one of those attires was always a promo/backstage attire. Which would be perfect for GM mode if everyone had a pre-made non-wrestling attire.

Angle/Paige/Heyman/Bischoff/Drake Maverick/Dbry/Mick Foley. These are possible ppl on the roster that we would've wanted to use as GMs.

10 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Are the combos optional or are they forcing everyone to have combos now? cause in 2K20 you had the option to give someone the ability to do combos, the option was there in the movesets but was greyed out and not able to be used unless you gave them the combo ability. So now they're saying everyone MUST have a combo in the game? Even wrestlers that never do combos like Bayley, Lashley, Miz, Edge etc?

I mean it works for wrestlers like Priest, Riddle, Shayna etc who are strikers, but thats not gonna work for alot of the wrestlers who aren't strikers. Most wrestlers the only strikes they do are standard punches, not everyone goes into a combination of various strikes.

I know they've promoted the new combos system but have they said if its optional or not?

from watching the vids. What im seeing and what they're saying. And just the control scheme photo they showed us. They do not look optional. You don't change the gameplay to match the controls of a game. You change the controls, to match the gameplay. Thats why we are seeing a more arcade fighter control scheme. To fit the more strike heavy and combo centric gameplay.

If u notice we've now seen 3 ppl do a combo that ends with a bulldog. We're seeing ppl do combos that either shouldn't have a combo or wouldn't have the combo that we are seeing.  So all signs point to it being a universal thing. From Andre the Giant to  Zelina Vega....im thinking everyone will have combos.

And yes it makes perfect sense to have strike combos for certain wrestlers. Damian Priest is tailor-made for it. But it doesn't make much of any sense for 90% of the other people in the game. Especially any combo that ends with a grapple move....which basically nobody does in real life.

But that seems to be the only way outside of Sigs/Finishers that we are going to be able to do non-lockup grapple moves.  And im not seeing any evidence of combos being different lengths which i don't like. If some combos are 3 moves, some 4 moves, some 6 that might be cool. But if every one is 4 moves (which is what it seems in the videos) thats pretty stale to me.

the more i see of the combos the more i really don’t like them. the clip with Beth where she’s just lighting Becky up with different punches and then hitting a fisherman suplex really didn’t sit well with me. but i could be misunderstanding what’s going on which is i’m begging for some clarity before i spend money on this. as someone who didn’t care about GM Mode, i will say this looks pretty dope but i really gotta know how the game plays lol

6 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

I think they'll be playable and also used in MyRise just like there were original characters in 2K20 MyCareer

0Flbi3r.jpg

Speaking of, pretty sure that's Josie Jane from 2K20 on the right lol

Good ol' Josie!

I paired her up with Paige who I returned to NXT as a manager and she ended up feuding with then champion Lacey Evans (who had hired Brooklyn Von Braun as her muscle)

Visually its definitely the best the series has ever looked, entrances and models look amazing, but i feel like they kind of f'ed up the gameplay with unneeded additions, like the combos and having to lock up to do grapples and Irish whips. I haven't played it so i aint gonna condemn it, actually playing it myself might win me over who knows, but i see a high chance i wont like the gameplay due to those idiotic additions to the game, literally NO ONE was asking for those changes. I really hope those changes don't ruin the game, cause visually this game is stunning i just hope combos and grapple lock ups don't ruin it.

I really hope if the majority hate the gameplay changes and are vocal about it 2K listens and reverts it back to how it was in 2K19 and 2K20 and doesn't continue on with the series keeping the combos and grapple lock up to do grapples.

We need @RickyBobby  to sheer some light on the moves talk here..

1. Are we looking at moves "speeded up" too much like it was in wwe2k20 where there was little impact and plenty of speed from certain moves.

2. Does everyone have to do a 3 strike combo to do a grapple move?

3. Do we have to lock up to do grapples & irish whips?

15 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Visually its definitely the best the series has ever looked, entrances and models look amazing, but i feel like they kind of f'ed up the gameplay with unneeded additions, like the combos and having to lock up to do grapples and Irish whips. I haven't played it so i aint gonna condemn it, actually playing it myself might win me over who knows, but i see a high chance i wont like the gameplay due to those idiotic additions to the game, literally NO ONE was asking for those changes. I really hope those changes don't ruin the game, cause visually this game is stunning i just hope combos and grapple lock ups don't ruin it.

I really hope if the majority hate the gameplay changes and are vocal about it 2K listens and reverts it back to how it was in 2K19 and 2K20 and doesn't continue on with the series keeping the combos and grapple lock up to do grapples.

Idk if I really have to I could get used to the grapple lock up, it didn't look as bad as I thought. Not too sure about combos,  as long as the AI isn't spamming them in every match then I don't think it'll be that bad. They did it say you can customize them so maybe playing around them could give you some okay to good ones.

I was originally going to skip out but I think I'm giving the game a shot.

I'm with J-man89 though.... the combos and lock up animations for Grapple moves just straight up seem like bad ideas and bog the gameplay down a few notches; below 2K19 for sure. I really really want to love this game but those problems (along with the possibility that Cruiserweights are going to do the Spanish Fly as a Reversal) make me worry.

Visually this game looks the best of the series. Gameplay wise however, looks like a huge step backward. Those combos reminds me of create a finisher from back in the day where people would create moves like hitting someone with 10 gut kicks or punches before hitting a move. 

Barron Blade or riot!

*folds arms* mildly interested in this. I've always sucked at GM mode. It'll be nice to suck again. I'll agree not being able to run custom shows is a bit of a drag but I assume the functions they have in place don't allow much for it. I cant remember, were the CAW salaries auto-generated in previous games? I could've sworn you could set those values but I'm prolly imagining things.

Anyways, hype is maintained, but I won't be getting a wrestling game again with a bunch of modes with no will to actually play matches. They gotta work for that one. This weekend will decide that fate

Weren't there linking strikes you could do in 2K19 that could lead up to a heavy strike or something? The combos shown don't look too different if that's the case. Worst case since I have some friends I usually can call up to play, I could avoid all of the combos  all together if it's really bad.

34 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

Weren't there linking strikes you could do in 2K19 that could lead up to a heavy strike or something? The combos shown don't look too different if that's the case. Worst case since I have some friends I usually can call up to play, I could avoid all of the combos  all together if it's really bad.

Like combinations you mean? Yeah, you could use them as strong strikes. But that’s what they were, strong strikes. The combos in 2K22 is different. It seems like you have to hit a few strikes just to do a simple suplex or something. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived