WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They showed a good amount of stuff, not just a match.

They still need to work on moveset accuracy. Wish they would’ve hired Big Righteous to work with them on that.

Asuka has the same victory animation. Thought it would change finally but it’s not a big deal.

They added a Stunned feature which I mentioned in the Feedback Project. I popped for that. Won’t be a reversal fest after all!

There was too much for my forgetful brain to even remember so I have to watch it again, but I liked everything I saw so far. 

8 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

I thought the models in general looked really good, except booker t… but that could have been lighting and was only a quick glimpse.

Looked dead on like current Booker T to me, either way it'll probably be the most Booker T looking model in a WWE game

11 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

So quickly from that…

Hogan in his 2k20 attire is in

Michaels in a red attire

Takers ministry model looked good I thought and had the hair tied back.

We have unmasked Kane with the shaved head

I have you say graphically it does look really good

Showed off next to no new moves

Bit worried that the main thing they seem to be raving about is they’ve brought back button mashing?!

Also, from what they said about the grapple system it’s no mercy style - you press grapple which ties you up, then from there you press buttons to do moves - therefore taking away some of the fluid looking animations as you now grapple before each move? 

oh and a modern day short hair scanned HBK for the performance centre.

There might be more HBK attire as he was wearing the Eddie Guerrero Armband in that attire. Also Beth Phoenix scanned and confirmed even though we all know that she is locked in.

Just now, black_machismo said:

There might be more HBK attire as he was wearing the Eddie Guerrero Armband in that attire. Also Beth Phoenix scanned and confirmed even though we all know that she is locked in.

Yeah just zoomed in and noticed that too, the armband is on and he has his hair tied back in that one. Bodes well for multiple attires having different hair etc too. 

Lots to unpack here...seems geared towards a middle ground of casual and hardcore. Animations are a bit more fluid but still using the library from games prior. New reversal mechanic going in the direction of actual fighting games...and then we got some confirmation that we're seeing Rey vs Kane from 2008, getting Cyber Sunday 2008 arena, and 55 arenas as well (which would cover the entire 2020/2021 event calendar and a healthy sum of arenas from the past.

I believe that gameplay was from a in progress build, so i expect the flaws and glitches seen might be fixed with day 1 patches. 

In short, good job but i need a little more to pull the trigger on pre-order.

5 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

I thought the models in general looked really good, except booker t… but that could have been lighting and was only a quick glimpse.

yeah that could be lighting and uncanny valley coming into play. Drew's model may have been changed a little but to me, it's looked the same since reveal and just some of the animations make the models look weird.

3 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

Pretty sure Damian's finisher was a new move animation but they cut away from that to zoom in on the HUD lol

I noticed that one, there was an Asai moonsault where he appeared to spring from the bottom rope but it may have glitched, and Rey did a springboard moonsault from the ropes where he dropped using his thighs sabu style which I don’t remember being a springboard option before? 

Just now, Jeb ? said:

^ The move that finished the match? That asai moonsault's not a new move

Anyway I'm gonna have to get used to the close camera angle and transitioning from grapple position into moves the most lol

No before the finishing bit, a bit earlier, Rey walked to the ropes, springboarded above them and dropped down landing in a seated position on the top rope causing him to rotate through and land a moonsault - it exists in the old games as a springboard from the apron to the outside I think but don’t remember it being one toward the ring? 

7 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

^ The move that finished the match? That asai moonsault's not a new move

Anyway I'm gonna have to get used to the close camera angle and transitioning from grapple position into moves the most lol

Just looked, it’s at 6m 25s of the video. Is it new? 

I will say, the one thing I don't like too much is the red borders when your character is in danger. I'm thinking that'll be something you can turn off so I won't harp on it. But overall things look to be massively improved from 2k20. Like I'm not expecting the greatest game of all time, but honestly 2K have shown with graphics and what little gameplay they've shown that they focused on making something actually different, which they deserve props for. They could have just thrown out 2k20 with NXT UK guys in, used the same lighting and scanning tech and called it a day. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived