WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

6 hours ago, Siul LXXXV said:

wwe-2k22-rey-mysterio-19340-360.jpg

Matches so far for showcase..

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
WrestleMania 21 – April 3, 2005

Rey Mysterio vs. Shawn Michaels
Raw 2005 – November 14, 2005 (Eddie Tribute Show)

Royal Rumble Match 2006
Royal Rumble 2006 – January 29, 2006

World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio vs. The Undertaker
Royal Rumble 2010 – January 31, 2010

I have a feeling the Royal Rumble match will suck because of the objectives. The unlocks will probably be the arena and final 4, which would be RVD and alternate attires for Randy Orton, Rey and Triple H.

Its great to know we're finally gonna get Eddie's flame tights in the game

3450985f3109ea418d589ae41f73bf2b99f5ae73r1-1000-1000v2_uhq.jpg

Was beyond tired of only these tights for Eddie every single game since the SVR games

svr06eddie.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The removal of reversal limits worries me a bit but it'll depend on how dodging works I guess. my main worry is that matches will devolve into reversal fests where the AI uses them to cheat like crazy once again.

9 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

The removal of reversal limits worries me a bit but it'll depend on how dodging works I guess. my main worry is that matches will devolve into reversal fests where the AI uses them to cheat like crazy once again.

I would hope theres a system like depending on how tired or hurt you are its harder to reverse, like the window is smaller depending on that. Cause most matches do start out with trading reversals, then as the match goes on theres less depending on whos in worse shape. It could be cool if done right, cause it always was annoying when the AI would have 2 or 3 reversals stored and be able to use them without running out alot of the time no matter how hurt they was, and you'd have to trick them into using them up.

Could make matches less predictable not knowing if you're gonna be reversed.

5 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Same. I don’t miss the days of reversal fests. Even with the reversal limits, reversals were already super repetitive as is. We’ll see. I’m entering this with an open mind. I’m expecting nothing of what I had previously known or become accustomed to make it into this game, so whatever familiarity I stumble across will be a pleasant surprise. 

I'll miss the submission system with the sliding bars but I'm fine with button mashing for kick outs and submissions. At least better than the right stick bs in Battlegrounds and I had with reversal fests sometimes. I totally get why some aren't excited by all all that but I myself ain't all that upset.

Not sure about the new dodge feature and it's not like we see wrestlers do that often but it did look kinda cool in the trailer. Don't know but I agree we need to see all of this new gameplay stuff in action in like a full match video or something 

11 minutes ago, Siul LXXXV said:

I'll miss the submission system with the sliding bars but I'm fine with button mashing for kick outs and submissions. At least better than the right stick bs in Battlegrounds and I had with reversal fests sometimes. I totally get why some aren't excited by all all that but I myself ain't all that upset.

Ramon from 2K hinted that button mashing wouldn’t be the only option available. Granted it’s probably the default for online but it’s something at least for people who don’t like button mashing. 

16 minutes ago, Siul LXXXV said:

Not sure about the new dodge feature and it's not like we see wrestlers do that often but it did look kinda cool in the trailer. Don't know but I agree we need to see all of this new gameplay stuff in action in like a full match video or something 

The submission system changed?

7 hours ago, Siul LXXXV said:

I get why Liger may not make it in because the Halloween Havoc'97 definitely needs to be in showcase! It was a big match in Rey's career that still stands out, Eddie will likely make it in anyway and having WCW Eddie and Phantom Rey would be fantastic to unlock!

Halloween Havoc '97 would be an amazing arena to have.  1997 are my ideal WCW PPV arenas for the most part.  But I hope we get more WCW matches in showcase mode.  If the Starrcade '96 Rey becomes available for PS4 at a later date, that's great.  But if not, I need a WCW Rey without the full phantom suit.

I personally prefer button mashing for submissions but I really liked the pin system we've had so I hope they didn't completely remove that option. Then again, can't say much until we see actual gameplay footage and breakdowns lol

54 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I like the button mashing. People need to embrace change if it’s gonna make gameplay more fun and competitive.

That's not change though, it's regression.

15 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

That's not change though, it's regression.

In your opinion. The way we escaped pins became archaic and garbage to me, as is the ladder mini game. I liked the submission system we had in place but button mashing does involve more of a sense of urgency so I like it. Button mashing to get out of pins is fun in Fire Pro, especially when you kick out at 2.999. Creates a lot of drama. You can stay stuck in the past and kick and scream about it all you want, this is the direction they’re going in. I’m sure they weighed the positives against the negatives again and again and again…..and again. 

I play online multiplayer but not as much as like in the SvR days. That's all I would mostly play but I got into offline play modes more like Career and Universe. When I get the game, I'll be busy with MyRise and Showcase so I can unlock everything and then I'll be moving onto Universe.

I'm sure I'll still play some online matches at times though like I do now in small doses 

I don’t play online a ton but it’s fun to get on a headset and communicate with some fellow wrestling fans. Makes the experience more fun. Besides my best friend, I don’t know any wrestling fans, and he doesn’t really play the games…maybe he’ll like this one because we can go head to head in Gm Mode like Creed and Breeze. Anyway yeah, I get the feeling Online for this game is gonna be a blast if nothing can be exploited obnoxiously.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived