WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

6 hours ago, A N T I - said:

You’re not wrong; I’m just willing to compromise a little more than you on the matter. In an ideal world, CM Punk would’ve been the preorder. Then I pitched Cardi B as a celebrity ON TOP OF having CM Punk, because it would turn heads and reach that demographic of “What? I haven’t played those games in years!” whether they eventually buy the game or not. I, then, pitched Metallica to curate the soundtrack because the people have spoken and they miss the mostly hard rock/metal soundtracks these games provided. I think those three elements altogether were a hell of a package. Who can you possibly think of that would’ve been a bigger and better preorder this coming year than CM Punk? Seriously, tell me someone better to be the preorder. Give them an idea. It’s probably gonna be a celebrity this year because we’re talking about a WWE game and there just isn’t anyone left to be the preorder, so if it’s a celebrity or nothing, I’d opt for the celebrity. 

It isn’t about what “worked in the past” because nothing has really worked with getting back the demographic of people not in our bubble who know these games have sucked ever since 2K took over and are vocal about it whenever the game is brought up, even on G4 which WWE is involved with now. If I could have one thing I pitched, it’s for all the pre-Hogan champions to be in the game. Doubt they did that and I’m already bummed about it because I don’t expect them to do anything that awesome. I wasnt just throwing out celebrity names the whole time. But is Cardi or Bad Bunny or whoever it is best for business? Probably, because one, there are no wrestlers left that the masses would care about preordering for, and two, there’s people like us who are in the bubble and are probably gonna buy the game no matter what….meanwhile theres a much, much larger untapped marketplace that they can reach with the right celebrity. I thought Cardi’s star was starting to fade, meanwhile she had three records go Diamond. What do I know? What do any of us know? Lol

Metallica for the soundtrack would maybe be a compromise sure but I don't think celebrity DLC or pre-order is some compromise because it's not compromising with an obvious alternative group that is looking for something specific from this series.  If there was some major group of people that could be easily convinced to buy games based solely on celebrity inclusion, games like Madden and NBA and FIFA would've probably been doing this by now. They aren't. If the celeb approach worked, this franchise would've kept doing it after Arnold. They didn't. When Battleground tried it did it lead to a ton of buzz and people suddenly giving it a shot? Doesn't seem like that was the case. Very little buzz came from it. I highly doubt there is a huge untapped market willing to dish out $60 or $70 to play as a celebrity or two along with a bunch of wrestlers they probably don't recognize or care about seems highly unlikely. Hell, the fact that WWE keep trotting out celebs and are seeing ratings continue to fall and their popularity from the mainstream continue to fade only shows that there really isn't a connective tissue to celebs = increased base and that's for things that are much more easily accessible and cheaper than a WWE game.

Pre-Order bonuses being these big incentivized things is pretty much a dead practice these days. What games used to offer vs what they offer now is such a drop in quality. I don't think the pre-order bonus is something that important. If they want to do anything, they can just do the NXT Rising Stars style offering or what they did last year where they basically offered a DLC pack for free instead of one or two additions, it's not the end of the world that there isn't some massive talent that can be used for a pre-order bonus anymore.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madden and FIFA don’t need to do these things. They have no problem selling copies. What about Gears of War using Batista and New Day? What about Fortnite using The Rock? Why is it okay for wrestlers to crossover into other genres but not the other way around? People who watch WWE don’t even care for current NXT, so pushing a rising stars pack as the preorder wouldn’t move the needle very much imo. After the 2K20 catastrophe they lost money and respect on, they want this game to be a [financial] success and fly off shelves and I believe it will take someone from the outside being preorder to make this game feel like a big time WWE release, especially after all the big name releases. Atleast we keep Kevin Owens.

You make it sound like the end of the franchise or world for a celebrity to be preorder when Arnold being preorder is on record as the last time they sold over half a million in the first week of release. No idea how many of those were preordered and it being available on 4 consoles may have played a part but I remember people who didn’t play these game on the regular knowing who Arnold was and being like “Hmm, might give it a shot and see what the games are like after all these years”. And some cool moves came with Arnold….the more moves, the better. I care about that more than who specifically is the preorder, but I know there needs to be one to generate enough interest for preorder sales to begin in big amounts. It’s just what we’re conditioned to seeing after all these years. If there were no preorder, people would complain. If there’s a preorder who isn’t a wrestler, people will complain, which is why I’m hoping the person has something to do with WWE television by the time of the game’s release. I think Migos is performing at Day 1. If someone hits on Offset and that opens the door for a Cardi angle, so be it.

They are a business that wants to sell as many copies of games as possible. EA has shareholders. If there was some super obvious untapped market, these companies would tap it. There is nothing that says celebrity inclusions would do that, simple as that really.

Would it be the end of the franchise if they did this? Of course not. It would just be an utter waste of time, just like the dumb fantasy ideas for the 2K20 DLC was.

2 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

They are a business that wants to sell as many copies of games as possible. EA has shareholders. If there was some super obvious untapped market, these companies would tap it. There is nothing that says celebrity inclusions would do that, simple as that really.

Would it be the end of the franchise if they did this? Of course not. It would just be an utter waste of time, just like the dumb fantasy ideas for the 2K20 DLC was.

ariana grande, will smith, timothy chalamet, tom hardy etc in Fortnite

bruce willis, stallone in COD Warzone

Arnold was in WWE 2k16 for seemingly no reason other than to promote that new terminator movie

heck wasn't it EA who did the Def Jam games? which a big selling point was being able to be Snoop dogg and ludacris or whatever. 

And for better or worse celebs have a long storied tie-in with WWE.  I would have no problem getting a Pete Rose in chicken costume, Bad Bunny, Gronk, Money Mayweather, Mr. T,  LT, Trump, Steve-O or Pee Wee Herman pack. It wouldn't happen mostly because of how much it would cost to secure those deals. Not because its a bad idea, or wouldn't generate interest. 

2 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

ariana grande, will smith, timothy chalamet, tom hardy etc in Fortnite

bruce willis, stallone in COD Warzone

Arnold was in WWE 2k16 for seemingly no reason other than to promote that new terminator movie

heck wasn't it EA who did the Def Jam games? which a big selling point was being able to be Snoop dogg and ludacris or whatever. 

And for better or worse celebs have a long storied tie-in with WWE.  I would have no problem getting a Pete Rose in chicken costume, Bad Bunny, Gronk, Money Mayweather, Mr. T,  LT, Trump, Steve-O or Pee Wee Herman pack. It wouldn't happen mostly because of how much it would cost to secure those deals. Not because its a bad idea, or wouldn't generate interest. 

Two free to play games that are always putting out additional DLC vs a $60 to $70 entry point is far different when it comes to what can be generated from their inclusion. Again, WWE tried this and moved on. They added celebs to Battlegrounds and got no obvious increase in buzz for that game and that game is even cheaper than $60

Because the game was horrible. 

Even 2K20 had the damn Fiend as a preorder and nobody cared because the game was so bad.

I guarantee the right celebrity would only do good for the franchise. Bringing in athletes from other sports to the wrestling genre clearly wasn’t the way to go. Arnold, odd as it was, was an example of a success. They didn’t do it again because they haven’t needed to, all these years. There was always someone or something to include as the preorder. Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Rey, Ronda………fantasy stuff…….lol….there is no other wrestler to make the preorder unless you wanna add all the pre-Hogan champs this game is missing.

im not sure i'd call Damian Lillard a celebrity. im a bball fan, and i barely know who that is.

battlegrounds was sooo bad

I hated how it looked in the reveal, but when i finally played it, i actually kinda liked the look of the game. Bobby Roode & Sting looked good. But the gameplay was drek

If 2k revealed a DLC pack with Pee-Wee Herman, Trump, Bad Bunny & Steve-O.....it would be the talk of the internet for a whole week. Gaming media moves fast, so after a week they'd move on to the next thing. But the buzz around that would be big. Every site u went to would have an article on it. Every gaming podcast would talk about it...every youtuber would make a vid on it.

The celebrities they've used are just the wrong celebrities, they just have to use the right ones......come on. There is zero basis to go on for that. It would get a week of buzz maybe and then result in zero actual new consumers for the product because nobody actual cares about wrestling as a celebrity in a $60+ game where the individual is going to know absolutely nobody else. All it would result in is a waste of money on licensing the likeness of whatever celebrity you'd want them to try and add that could've gone to other wrestlers that would've brought some actual excitement to this series.

Found on twitter

On the latest “Green with Envy” podcast, Chelsea Green talked about being scanned for the WWE 2K22 and if she thinks she will still be in it.

“Yes, I was, but I don’t know much about the video game world,” Green said. “I just have no idea how that works. I also thought that I would never become an action figure and yet, I did after I was released. So yes, I definitely think there’s a chance I can still be in it. I was definitely scanned my last time at TV, and then I was released two weeks later. So there is absolutely a possibility, but I don’t know. I hope so.”

14 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

The celebrities they've used are just the wrong celebrities, they just have to use the right ones......come on. There is zero basis to go on for that. It would get a week of buzz maybe and then result in zero actual new consumers for the product because nobody actual cares about wrestling as a celebrity in a $60+ game where the individual is going to know absolutely nobody else. All it would result in is a waste of money on licensing the likeness of whatever celebrity you'd want them to try and add that could've gone to other wrestlers that would've brought some actual excitement to this series.

You keep mentioning “other wrestlers”. What other wrestlers? We’ve got them all…atleast the ones that aren’t with AEW right now. Even if they did alll the pre-Hogan champs, I doubt the younger crowd would give a damn so, if only for this year, a celebrity the young people know is the way to go. It seems to be the way they’re gonna go. You can kick and scream along the way all you want. Lol. 

On a recent audio from pwinsider they mentioned some rumblings within wwe that there was a pitch to work with Cardi B soon, the end game is a wrestlemania tag team match..

So a Cardi B pre order bonus perhaps isn't just a pipedream..

2 hours ago, A N T I - said:

You keep mentioning “other wrestlers”. What other wrestlers? We’ve got them all…atleast the ones that aren’t with AEW right now. Even if they did alll the pre-Hogan champs, I doubt the younger crowd would give a damn so, if only for this year, a celebrity the young people know is the way to go. It seems to be the way they’re gonna go. You can kick and scream along the way all you want. Lol. 

Literally any alumni wrestler that isn't already in this game. You can keep pushing this great idea of a celebrity being included but it's a waste of time, effort and money. There is zero that supports this idea that a celebrity would bring in this untapped market that are just jumping to play and buy a $60 wrestling game because some musician or actor they know is included. The fact that the videos that are free and available for all to watch announcing Dame and Gronk in a WWE video game got zero noticeable uptick in views despite both having fanbases that don't overlap with wrestling fans should really show that this idea that a celebrity would bring in a huge new base of fans that will be interested in buying this game solely based on the celebrity involvement is just not true.

Batttlegrounds is the easiest example because it brought in celebrities and it caused no extra buzz for the game. But I guess these other fanbases that are outside the wrestling bubble that you keep suggesting would be so down to play a WWE game suddenly know a game is bad without even looking at trailers.

https://pegi.info/search-pegi?q=We+2k22&op=Search&age[]=&descriptor[]=&publisher=&platform[]=&release_year[]=&page=1&form_build_id=form-WneIF7pd5bWrrIvKDkn01zCbzmVAylcnSz6TuC4gSP4&form_id=pegi_search_form

Other issues

This game offers players the opportunity to purchase in-game items in the form of card packs, which some parents or carers may want to be aware of. Parents, carers or other responsible adults should check to see what is being offered before making any purchase on behalf of a child. It should be noted that the game can still be played without the need to purchase such items. The game also includes use of bad language, including 'bitch', 'piss' and 'shit'.

If I have to use purchasable loot packs to create my characters to how I want them to look, act, move, and feel (of which I’m not), I’m going to puke. ? 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2021/12/10/wwe-2k22s-roster-will-be-bigger-than-many-expect/?sh=64f3267f2890

- Article says to expect most of the released wrestlers to be in the game,just not promoted with being in the game.

- Headline says the roster will be larger than people think..

Pure speculation of course..

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived