WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

Smacktalks pointed out that you can see Buddy Murphy in the MyRise bit on the scaffold so, perhaps they didn't actually need to remove all that many. here's hoping. (Go watch his breakdown if you can, I'm not a big smacktalks fan, but he does a good job here)

The question in the end though, of course, is has it been thoroughly bugtested. That, more than anything, matters to me. I want to be able to hit the Kamegoye in a match that doesn't constantly break me out of my immersion, or where half the moves aren't super sped up or slowed down for some reason.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Forcing you to play as 1 character in Universe mode would kill that mode for me. I love playing all the matches and playing through all the rivalries and building up new debuting wrestlers by squashing jobbers, i love playing all the title matches on the ppvs etc, i don't wanna be forced to only play as 1 wrestler and not see anything else that goes on, that would get incredibly stale.

Yeah, i would like to have the choice.
I do like the idea playing with one character, you can have some form of wwe career mode that way and that is pretty neat.
But i dont want to be forced into it.

2 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Smacktalks pointed out that you can see Buddy Murphy in the MyRise bit on the scaffold so, perhaps they didn't actually need to remove all that many. here's hoping. (Go watch his breakdown if you can, I'm not a big smacktalks fan, but he does a good job here)

The question in the end though, of course, is has it been thoroughly bugtested. That, more than anything, matters to me. I want to be able to hit the Kamegoye in a match that doesn't constantly break me out of my immersion, or where half the moves aren't super sped up or slowed down for some reason.

Yeah. I hope to *censored*ing god they've thoroughly bugtested this game!

I would think AEW devs are happy whenever another person shows up in AEW. It gives them a better roster to work and sell this game with. I’m hoping they pull a WCW vs The World move and include people from different promotions in the game, like Minoru Suzuki if New Japan okays such a thing. My dream is for Virtual Basement or AEW to hook up with Stardom and have those girls in the game. They did for Fire Pro but it was long after I stopped playing it.

5 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

I wonder if hitting the dodge button, when your opponent tries to clothesline you....ducks the clothesline. i would like that

Curious about dodge myself. Our buddy alluded to that list of controls not being the full list, so I do wonder what all can be done, and what the hell we have to do to Irish whip someone these days.

Not a big deal but why do they always put Goldberg in his WCW attire? they even got his current day older model in his WCW attire. It would be nice just once to get his WWE gear in the game instead of having to make it. They've had the half black half white shorts he wore in WWE like 2 or 3 times when he first debuted in the games for a long time, but they've never had his regular black shorts with the logo on the back that he primarily wore his entire WWE career.....

Again not a big deal obviously since we can make it very easily but it would be one more slot we'd have for a caw if we didn't have to take up a slot to make it.

I hope they've improved some of the ladder stuff. They were so much more fun in older games. And they feel like they've just become more and more cumbersome and restrictive over time. They are just a chore to deal with at this point.

Good to see an obese CAW. because there hasn't been a good Yokozuna CAW in forever since they completely changed the way CAW does bodies

12 minutes ago, maskedmaniac said:

I wonder if they'll give us a large roster of legends this year of if they are cutting back drastically. One would think a legend heavy roster this year considering all the talent cuts they've made.

Unless they haven't removed all that many of the cuts. Again, we don't actually know what they've done for that situation.

If Champions is anything to go by, there’s a bunch of new or returning legends that could make it in these games. I remember they had the Wild Samoans some time ago. I’m just saying this company goes back to the days of Buddy Rogers. Let’s start acting like it. Literally every sports type game has stars from every era, not just the 80s/90s. I hope they have guys like Bruno Sammartino, Superstar Billy Graham, the Wild Samoans, Harley Race, Antonio Inoki, Andre with the afro, etc. With lack of modern wrestlers, it gives them a chance to really fill out a legends roster.

But kody is right about modern Goldberg still wearing his 90s black trunks. Makes no sense and is, dare I say, lazy.

2 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Maybe Universe mode will now allow you to optionally play as a singular wrestler. So you can do the macro playthrough where you're controlling everything, or you can do the micro where you are only controlling what one wrestler is up to and letting the rest fall under the AI.

Yeah i'm thinking its an option where it makes it kinda like the HCTP season mode where you pick someone from the roster and work your way to the world title in a universe mode kinda setup, you can't manipulate the matches you just get booked and have to pick up wins. I don't remember the HCTP season mode that well but i think thats how it was.

I have doubts 2K22 will be on PS5/SX-S. If 2k23 is a thing, Or there actually is a next gen version of 2k22, I hope load times are almost nonexistent. It would be cool to have the ability to have the character selected  (whether in game or caws) in create a moveset actually preview the moves instead of a generic wrestler. The last game that had this was SD: SYM

I’d love for story designer and create a finisher to come back one day, better than ever. I’d use the story designer for non wrestling related stories too. So hopefully, there would be some areas outside an arena.

As for create a finisher, I would make it create a move, and it would take influences from Fire Pro’s move editor where you can change body placements and animations, and selling (of both attacker and opponent) as well as adding blood, voice, sound effects, and impact sounds to certain frames, along with adding a submissions feature. You could also assign how much damage, if it causes a KO, Pin, Pass out Submission, tap out submission, etc, among other ratings. It could also have a default name And a call name.

26 minutes ago, Exorcism said:

I have doubts 2K22 will be on PS5/SX-S. If 2k23 is a thing, Or there actually is a next gen version of 2k22, I hope load times are almost nonexistent. It would be cool to have the ability to have the character selected  (whether in game or caws) in create a moveset actually preview the moves instead of a generic wrestler. The last game that had this was SD: SYM

They responded to a comment on Youtube and said they would have next gen versions. What that will come with though, who knows.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived