WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

Looks good to start but still have lots of questions regarding Universe and MTs. I don't think you only control a single character in Universe because their breakdown of the modewouldn't make a ton of sense (found on the forums: Universe Mode returns, offering players more control than ever before over brands, PPVs, match results, rivalries, and much more)

If all you were doing is controlling one character, that doesn't seem like "more control than ever" IMO. That feels more restrictive than ever.

2 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Like, this answer doesn't provide a whole lot. It just says they won't provide an advantage and you can earn everything in game. Nothing about how long it might take to earn everything in game and nothing about how MTs could potentially speed things up. 

Other than that, a Rey showcase has a lot of potential, especially if you include WCW (and ECW if they wanted) but Rey could also get a Showcase similar to Bryan and the Women's Revolution where they just cherry pick matches vs mostly current WWE stars and there isn't much there in terms of true alumni content

Getting back to real models being used on the menus and match up screens is also great to see return.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Graeme Jones said:

The block function is cool. Something which I have been wanting. 

i really gotta see it in action. Because currently in the older games, reverse button takes care of some blocking.

Is this gonna be strike blocking only? Or will this also block grapple moves (ie; when someone tries to suplex the opponent, and they wrap their leg around their leg, Blocking the suplex). Im gonna assume it might just be to block strikes.

and is it an actual block like some kinda Captain america vs. winter soldier fight scene. Or is it blocking like boxing/MMA? Or is it just turtling up?

Or is it that weird thing in No Mercy where u just stuck ur chest out for some reason? 

Because u have to hold the button down to block, i don't see how it could be a way to quickly block a strike. So im gonna guess it might just be covering up combat sport style which pretty much nobody in wrestling does.

Out of 126 RAW/SmackDown/NXT wrestlers on the tv rosters rn....checking my moveset database only about 16 ppl have used any form of a strike block.

1 minute ago, eastcoastkody said:

i really gotta see it in action. Because currently in the older games, reverse button takes care of some blocking.

Is this gonna be strike blocking only? Or will this also block grapple moves (ie; when someone tries to suplex the opponent, and they wrap their leg around their leg, Blocking the suplex). Im gonna assume it might just be to block strikes.

and is it an actual block like some kinda Captain america vs. winter soldier fight scene. Or is it blocking like boxing/MMA? Or is it just turtling up?

Or is it that weird thing in No Mercy where u just stuck ur chest out of some reason? 

Because u have to hold the button down to block, i don't see how it could be a way to quickly block a strike. So im gonna guess it might just be covering up combat sport style which pretty much nobody in wrestling does.

Out of 126 RAW/SmackDown/NXT wrestlers on the tv rosters rn....checking my moveset database only about 16 ppl have used any form of a strike block.

Yeah, that's a good point actually. Can't wait until January! 

4 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

Rey Mysterio showcase means we get at least 2 versions of Eddie Guerrero, confirms RVD (tag team champions), and at least one version of Batista, also confirms Kurt Angle 

Not sure about Chavo though...

All it does is confirm we MIGHT get that. There is no 100% guarantee until we actually see it.

Jesus Goldberg and Edge look insanely real, they look freaking stunning. 

Seeing Murphy still in the game gives me hope most released may still be in the game, cause he was released a while ago and still made it in.

AUSTIN THEORY! so stocked that he's in.

Real life renders are an issue when it comes to being matched up against caws, can they not just let us upload renders to use for caws? its essentially an image and we can upload images, i don't see the issue.

Damn was really hoping for a Ruthless Aggression showcase, but hopefully Rey has some matches and moments from the Ruthless Aggression Era in his showcase. We know a least he faces unmasked Kane in the barbwire tights.

The controls have me intrigued, especially the apparent existence of a block and dodge function (I've been critical in the past of how reversals are the only form of defence and thus running out of reversal slots practically guaranteed a loss if your opponent had some). In the past I've suggested a sort of block function that would take half a reversal slot to "brace" on a move and take less damage. I doubt this is that but still. 

The controls themselves seem.. odd, but I won't judge them until I play them.

I'm glad to see the creation suite finally getting some much needed improvements, I just hope character classes don't end up being unnecessary restrictions.

One way or another I will not be touching the MTs in this game, but I do appreciate that they seem to be making more of an effort to put in long lasting single player content.

Still need a video of the new moves.

What I'm really hoping for is that they've thought of everything for the new controls, for instance running inside springboards to downed opponents just straight up don't work in 2K20 and barely work in 2K19, hopefully the new controls address that.

Hopefully the AI has been heavily adjusted. I am so tired of the computer spamming running attacks attacks grapples at point blank range. Hell, I'm wondering if maybe the dodge function was added to help mitigate that.

Not sure about reversing with Y button. I'm so used to the side bumpers or triggers being for reversal for almost every wrestling game since the late 90's but I'm intrigued with  having the option to block or reverse it as well as dodging.  I really hope they release a demo. If they do, and it's borderline OK to good, I would pre-order day one.

Not sure how I feel about the controls. I feel like 2K19 was perfect and the community very clearly demanded the 2K19 controls in the feedback project. While there is new mechanics, I feel like doing a Block and/or Dodge could've been worked into that scheme.

It also seems the reversal stocks are gone. The bars seem to be reward stocks, perhaps for Signatures/Paybacks/Finishers. Forced unlimited reversals would be a huge bummer.

Not sure how I feel about the camera. I feel like it looks like the games before WWE 12 when the presentation wasn't as TV accurate (in terms of the Hard Cam).

The Fighting Styles stuff is worrisome as well. Hopefully you can freely assign the Attributes/Abilities/Skills for CAWs and don't have to earn them by grinding in the game or being forced into some generic set of attributes. It looks almost like the MyPlayer wizard more than the regular CAW Mode (even know they imply it's CAW Mode). Community Creations button in CAW Mode is interesting.

The lighting and arenas look nice. The background of the MyGM Shot when it shows the results of Big E vs. Roman has the Late 2019 Smackdown set with the arches (and it's a image from the game not real life) so hopefully that's in the game! The current set and crowd version of the Thunderdome set are still in too. Edge's model is incredible, went from one of the worst for over a decade to one of the best models ever.

The Universe Mode preview is really odd. It makes it seem like it's a mode that follows 1 character although the press release makes it sound like Universe is the same as always but with new features. Hopefully it's the later, and they revamped the Rivalry system.

MTX only in MyFaction is a good thing. Hopefully the Accelerator is still in as well so everything outside of that mode can be unlocked instantly so players can use the creation suite to it's full extent and have all Superstars/Arenas etc. available right away.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived