WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would suck not having a new wwe game in the franchise for two years in a row but if it means extra bug testing and polish with an updated roster that includes more new wrestlers to replace released ones and updated attires/character models..I'm all for it! Plus it would be nice to have even more hype around WM time and the game won't have to worry much about competition unlike the holidays! 

It sucks but with COVID impacting development (people were unable to enter their offices for most of 2020 and a lot of 2021) this is a necessary evil. Every other game this year worth a damn (i.e the Suicide Squad game, Harry Potter, etc) got pushed back to next year.

Cyberpunk 2077s launch scared the industry bad. This is why people are taking their time with games now, because the alternative of failing cert, forced to launch, and having your game removed or refunded is a stench that sticks. Again it is a huge bummer, and it's even more so because the roster will be gutted, but...have to consider the alternative.

Edit: I just hope this isn't an nba live esque issue where live had a game that got pulled and they took years to rebuild and by the time they got back, NBA 2K owned the market.

1 hour ago, Bdon said:

I apologize in advance if you're being funny, but they won't lose out to a AEW game. Unless this game just sucks and has been stripped to nothing like JBI or 2k15 and it's just modern wrestlers, it'll be fine. And I seriously doubt it's that stripped. I imagine it'll be fine as long as they can control bugs somewhat. The licensing WWE owns and the amount of legends they have access to if they're smart enough to keep that going will be a much bigger seller than AEW games. I think the AEW game will do just fine but if they went head to head, it would probably hurt them more than 2k22.

Look, people have been betting against AEW since the very idea of it was brought up. I don’t bet against them anymore. Their fan base is more rabid.

18 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

WWE 2K is absolutely gonna sell more than AEW, but that doesn’t mean AEW isn’t gonna swipe a big ol’ chunk of potential 2K buyers from under them. 

Doubtful. They'll likely just buy what they know or buy both. It would take a great reviewed game and big hype but we'll see.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived