WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I’m a big women’s wrestling guy, but diva stans on Twitter are pretty annoying

Yeah, the last few weeks they seem to be especially bonkers.
Stuff like that Alicia Fox was in reality the best female wrestler, that Rosa mendes was underrated, that kelly kelly was so great(even Eva Marie can hit the ropes better than her for christ sake)...i appreciate lifting up the Women who were there in a Era were they werent given a true chance, but man...some of those takes are really strange.

Having said that, i do have to say that im interested in seeing how the Women look, that gives us a good indication on if they nailed the visuals.
Getting one of their "major" characters right, never was a problem...the 2k games mostly sucked in terms of the women visuals.
So it would give us a better feel for the general look and if the hair are better etc.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful did a Q&A today where he said to not expect WWE 2K22 for the holidays and that you're more likely to see it around Wrestlemania. Dude has pretty legit wrestling sources, not sure if those translate over to the WWE games side but something to keep in mind with hype and expectations started to ramp up after the Edge screenshots.

22 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful did a Q&A today where he said to not expect WWE 2K22 for the holidays and that you're more likely to see it around Wrestlemania. Dude has pretty legit wrestling sources, not sure if those translate over to the WWE games side but something to keep in mind with hype and expectations started to ramp up after the Edge screenshots.

Wrestlemania would be way too long a wait. SRS is usually correct but we’ll know Saturday hopefully.

I'll be very surprised if this gets delayed until WM time around April 2022. Maybe the game is last gen as rumored and they want to make it truly next gen and not just an upgraded version like some games but just can't see wwe promoting 2k22 already just to delay it until next year after already canceling 2k21

Well...the more you start to consider how late this game's promotion started, and the state of the world right now/the last year, it's unrealistic to think this game is making it out this year. What's going to happen is most likely a new trailer and some more info alongside an apology from WWE Games saying "we want to give you this game this year but we just need a little more time, see you in [insert date here 2022]".

For a lot of reasons, this game is def going to miss the hopeful target. Anyone remember how bad Cyberpunk 2077 was? Exactly. Better a playable game at launch than a game broken at launch that repels people from playing it.

Hey guys, I can not do this thread and keep it updated. I focus more on my personal youtube channel. I was hoping to have more time but I don't. If anyone wants to make another, you're welcome to! Just DM me or another mod to pin it instead of this one. 

idk why ppl are jumping on the "its getting delayed train" when all evidence points to it coming out at its normal time.

evidence such as they are sponsoring SummerSlam. And what a coincidence they haven't said peep about the game until today. U know 2 days before SummerSlam.

and barring last years anomaly. They have released these games every holiday season for 20 years

5 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Wrestlemania would be way too long a wait. SRS is usually correct but we’ll know Saturday hopefully.

Hm, if their fiscal year goes till april then i can see it.
Thats the release window they said in the 2k investor call.
It would be smart in terms of taking the WM hype with and all.

But we are talking about 8 months here, Full reveal at SS and then 8 months later a release?
I have my doubts, especially considering how long the development time is then...they dont even allow nba2k to have this long of a development time, and that is the more successfull game series currently.

I could see them not going with October, instead november or december...but April is way too far away.
We will see what they reveal this weekend.

If it doesn't come out until April, at least that would make 2K right about their marketing change hitting different after all. A teaser at WM, a trailer or whatever they'll have at Summerslam but the game breaks tradition and doesn't even come out until WM time in 2022..making 2K22 actually correct.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived