Need some advice when putting logos in the games

cmhunter7g2

Thought this would be the best place to put this.

So basically when I'm making a visor for my masked characters sometimes in order to keep the detail looking good when you see the mask up close in the game I upload 2 sides and bring them together in the game. However I want to put 2 sides together on my computer so then I can upload the visor as one single design in the game but the problem with this is is when I upload it as one in the game it looks not as good up close. Is there any way to fix this issue? Somebody said one time about using a bigger canvas in my photo editing program so I tried that but the result is the blurry detail that you'll see in one of the pics here from 2K19 for example.

Thanks

clear detail 1.png

clear detail 2.png

clear detail 3.png

clear detail 4.png

clear detail 5.png

clear detail 6.png

clear detail 7.png

So what i'm getting from this is that you create the logos at much larger (and less uniform, such as the visor logo being 1200 x 650 instead of both length and width being the same) and then upload them to the uploader using its default 512 x 512 option, do I have that correct? If so, read on.

The issue is that when you upload the large picture to the uploader and it converts it to the size needed for the game, it will stretch and warp it due to the different sizes, and compress it (and the uploaders compression is absolute dogshit), then you are bringing it back into the game after its been compressed to a smaller size and trying to stretch it back out which means that the heavily compressed converted picture that has been resized so its smaller is now being stretched out when it no longer has the quality of the original image, thus the blurring. It does not help that you are likely using the alternate logo placement method in-game which contours weird as hell with every little crease and shape.

This is why in general, even if I make a logo that is going to be bigger than the end result, I still try to keep it uniform and the same size both length and width (IE I might make a logo larger than 512 x 512 but it'll instead be 1024 x 1024 because there'll be less warping and compression shenanigans when uploading).

9 hours ago, CrimsonCross said:

So what i'm getting from this is that you create the logos at much larger (and less uniform, such as the visor logo being 1200 x 650 instead of both length and width being the same) and then upload them to the uploader using its default 512 x 512 option, do I have that correct? If so, read on.

The issue is that when you upload the large picture to the uploader and it converts it to the size needed for the game, it will stretch and warp it due to the different sizes, and compress it (and the uploaders compression is absolute dogshit), then you are bringing it back into the game after its been compressed to a smaller size and trying to stretch it back out which means that the heavily compressed converted picture that has been resized so its smaller is now being stretched out when it no longer has the quality of the original image, thus the blurring. It does not help that you are likely using the alternate logo placement method in-game which contours weird as hell with every little crease and shape.

This is why in general, even if I make a logo that is going to be bigger than the end result, I still try to keep it uniform and the same size both length and width (IE I might make a logo larger than 512 x 512 but it'll instead be 1024 x 1024 because there'll be less warping and compression shenanigans when uploading).

Thanks for the response.

Well I find this all to be complicated but I'm trying to understand. Basically I drew one side of the visor in the free Paint program that comes with Windows computers. Then removed the background in Corel Paintshop Pro. Now when in Corel in order to make the designs connect I go to the bit that says canvas size and it makes more than enough space to connect the 2 designs but when that finished product is brought in to the game I get the blurry image so the only way to save the detail is uploading both sides individually into the game and bringing them together in the caw mode. My question is: is there a canvas size setting or something in my photo editing program that might help? I have definitely used the default 512 x 512 option for all my designs on the image uploader page and tried the other ones but they were no good. I know literally nothing about ideal sizes for this type of thing despite the fact that I've been CAWing for ages.

Thanks

Archived