WWE Hall Of Fame Class of 2020-2021 Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit; pwinsider

WE announced today that iconic Star Trek actor William Shatner will be the 2021 Celebrity Wing inductee into the 2021 WWE Hall of Fame Class.  The announcement was made via USA Today.

"It's very much the same, the approbation, the joy," Shatner told USA Today. "The enthusiasm the wrestling audience shows toward its favorite people is not dissimilar to the enthusiasm 'Star Trek' fans show." 

Shatner has made numerous appearances on WWE programming over the years.  In 1995, he appeared on Monday Night Raw in an in-ring King's Court segment where he nailed Jerry Lawler with a monkey flip.

Titus is getting the Warrior Award this year. I do think he deserves it for all the charity and community work he does...but people wanted Shad Gaspard in bad so that'll probably overshadow Titus and it isn't his fault. Damn shame, I think they should've waited another year or so.

I'm more excited about watching the HoF than I am about Mania. And it's on a Tuesday, so I can watch it live and uninterrupted.

I just hope they have proper speeches from everyone and don't cut anyone from 2020 for time. It can go for 8 hours for all I care. Let's go!

About Titus. Look...the guy is fine. He does all of that nice sugar-coated public image stuff, and seems like a good dude.

But, that award should have gone to Shad for saving his son's life. Titus getting the award feels like typical WWE PR nonsense. 

56 minutes ago, Generations said:

Goddamn Bellas and Khali in HoF. 

Need a new wing for people who were ass.

Are you surprised? The HOF isn't really based on a wrestler's skill or accomplishments, it's always just been an industry award based on who Vince wants to go in.  

Credit:pwinsider

Info on taped segments

WWE taped portions of the  Hall of Fame today for the Class of 2020.

-Jerry Lawler hosted the proceedings.

-Diana Hart, Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Georgia Smith accepted on behalf of Davey Boy Smith.  They had a bulldog with them.

-Sean Waltman was honored as a member of the NWO alongside Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

-Jushin Liger was not present.

Judging from the HOF ad during SmackDown...looks like William Shatner may be going in with the 2020 class and Ozzy Osbourne may be going in with the 2021 class!

On 3/31/2021 at 2:05 PM, Generations said:

Liger is probably just going to do a brief video message from Japan. I'm sure they sent him the plaque and ring ages ago.

Unfortunately, one of the coolest inductees, and that's all we're gonna get.

What if he’s in the game? 

Credit:pwinsider

On last night's Smackdown, a commercial promoting the Hall of Fame broadcast for this Tuesday on Peacock aired, but featured a quick clip of legendary singer and reality TV personality Ozzy Osbourne.

Osbourne appeared in the corner of The British Bulldogs when they won the WWF Tag Team Championship from Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake at Wrestlemania 2 in 1986.  He has also hosted an episode of Monday Night Raw alongside his wife Sharon in 2009.

As of yet, Osbourne has not been officially announced for the WWE Hall.

Archived