NXT Moves To Tuesdays (April 13)

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE and USA Network today announced a multi-year extension for NXT, which will move to Tuesday nights live on USA Network at 8/7 C beginning April 13. As first reported by Variety, the new agreement for the live, weekly two-hour show furthers WWE and USA’s nearly three decade-long relationship.

“We are incredibly proud of our three-decade partnership with WWE and in extending USA’s NXT deal, we are further establishing our portfolio as an unrivaled home for quality WWE content,” said Frances Berwick, Chairman, Entertainment Networks, NBCU. “By transitioning NXT to a Tuesday timeslot where WWE has performed well in the past, we are giving our passionate fanbase more of what they love with back-to-back nights of exhilarating, live programming.”

“We are thrilled to continue WWE and NBCUniversal’s longstanding partnership with the extension of NXT on USA Network,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Global Talent Strategy & Development. “The move to Tuesdays provides a new opportunity for us to grow the NXT brand and enables our partner, USA Network, to continue to build its strong portfolio of sports and entertainment programming.”  

Since launching on the network in September 2019, NXT has lifted USA to rank among the top cable entertainment networks in its regular Wednesday timeslot. In 2020, the weekly block averaged 847,000 total viewers and its special Tuesday episodes were even stronger, delivering gains of nearly +30% among the key 18-49 and 25-54 demos.

NXT is revolutionizing the world of sports entertainment with innovative styles from trend-setting and unapologetic Superstars including Finn Bálor, Adam Cole, Io Shirai, Karrion Kross, Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae. The brand’s diverse roster consists of elite athletes from the NFL, collegiate and amateur sports, MMA and international sports such as rugby, kushti and kabaddi. It is also the birthplace to more than 80 percent of the current Raw and SmackDown rosters including Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Bray Wyatt, Bianca Belair, The Street Profits, Riddle and King Corbin.

All new episodes will be available on demand in the United States exclusively on Peacock, the day after its airing on USA Network. 

NXT will continue to emanate from the state-of-the-art Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.

https://www.wwe.com/amp/shows/wwenxt/article/nxt-moves-to-tuesday-nights-beginning-april-13?__twitter_impression=true

I’m good with it, it’s really the only shows I watch weekly so I don’t mind splitting them. I’m sure both shows ratings will be better as well and I could see both shows slowly down their booking which AEW really needs imo and NXT flourished when they took their time and didn’t run so many big weekly shows.

I haven't really watched NXT since they stopped airing it on the Network. I used to watch AEW on tv, and NXT on my pc at same time...but then they made NXT exclusive to USA and I couldn't do that anymore. After that, I just stopped watching NXT for the most part. It was too much work to go watch it after the fact. If they do move to Tuesdays, that will be good for me. Easier for me to watch it "live". Interesting to see that they are basically running from AEW, though...

If that does anything to at least tone down the dumb wwe vs aew ratings fight the fans have over at social media constantly, im down with that.
I know people still will be idiots instead of just enjoying the amount of wrestling we get in the year 2021, but still, it could make things a bit more "friendly", so i would be okay with that.

I'm sure AEW hc fans will spin that as in how WWE/NXT have lost the fight lol

Honestly, if that would mean that NXT would tone down on some things in regards to special episodes for example... I'm all for it. These things influence booking and the production of the show a lot. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 8:08 AM, AONO. said:

I'm sure AEW hc fans will spin that as in how WWE/NXT have lost the fight lol

Honestly, if that would mean that NXT would tone down on some things in regards to special episodes for example... I'm all for it. These things influence booking and the production of the show a lot. 

Thing is...AEW is actually on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday now. So...it will still be interesting to see what people choose to watch. If numbers are low for NXT even when they are going against Dark on Tuesday...then that's not a good look for them. I wouldn't say that moving to Tuesday means they "lost the fight"...but I do think that AEW's numbers will improve as a result. Not sure if the same can be said for NXT, since they will still be competing on the new night as well.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:23 PM, Generations said:

Thing is...AEW is actually on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday now. So...it will still be interesting to see what people choose to watch. If numbers are low for NXT even when they are going against Dark on Tuesday...then that's not a good look for them. I wouldn't say that moving to Tuesday means they "lost the fight"...but I do think that AEW's numbers will improve as a result. Not sure if the same can be said for NXT, since they will still be competing on the new night as well.

good take, makes sense.

no idea what numbers does Dark make though.

Archived