Hot Wheels Unleashed

Generations

That does look pretty neat, but i have no clue the type of gameplay it will have.
Funny thing is that im watching a few videos of games like Revolt or the older hot wheels games for a while now, thinking how neat it would be to have such a fun racer again.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Everything I hear about this game keeps me cautiously optimistic. Adding liveries for licensed characters and franchises is, of course, awesome.

hot-wheels-unleashed.thumb.jpg.50b0b06ea78f27819e760d24d586fe5a.jpg

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/08/hot_wheels_unleashed_dlc_will_add_cars_based_on_street_fighter_dc_barbie_and_more?fbclid=IwAR058uSDFqLNUnveWJjAQsT1inzryiB2NnOwH-7aAWoGLCxDYWBDcUJuQ-c

well this got me more hyped. Batman, TMNT, He-Man, cars, HELLS YEAH! i just hope they give us more real life classic muscle cars. Chargers, Barricuda's, Chevelle's, Roadrunners, Trans Am's, Camero's ect.

i love when game company's/publishers release DLC plans/roadmaps to show us that the games life cycle will continue well past its release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game looked good and all, but i didnt expect that much praise to be honest.
IGN gave it a 9 and all the youtubers who got an early version, love it so far.

Really happy and it looks like a incredible fun racer, but i just dont have the time for it.
AC Valhalla, Maneater, Wreckfest, Astro Bot etc are all games i currently want to finish, i need to work through the pile of games i have for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, so the game is out...and it's awesome. I just wish the DLC wasn't so expensive. I bought the vanilla version for $50 on Xbox. And it's great. I love the game. But they also had two special editions for something like $70, and $90...I think. I didn't want to pay either of those prices right out of the gate...so I got the standard one. Plus, it seems like there are different versions of the game for Xbox One and Series X. So...you would need to buy everything again a second time for that? A lot of games just offer a free upgrade for Series X, but this one looks like it has a standalone edition for that. I don't know. I do want the DLC at some point...but I'd rather have it on Series X (if I can ever find one). It just seems like a huge money pit...which is really shitty, tbh. Game itself is fantastic, tho. I'll definitely enjoy playing the vanilla XB1 version until I have access to something better. Just hate wasting that money. Sheesh.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:15 AM, Generations said:

Yeah, so the game is out...and it's awesome. I just wish the DLC wasn't so expensive. I bought the vanilla version for $50 on Xbox. And it's great. I love the game. But they also had two special editions for something like $70, and $90...I think. I didn't want to pay either of those prices right out of the gate...so I got the standard one. Plus, it seems like there are different versions of the game for Xbox One and Series X. So...you would need to buy everything again a second time for that? A lot of games just offer a free upgrade for Series X, but this one looks like it has a standalone edition for that. I don't know. I do want the DLC at some point...but I'd rather have it on Series X (if I can ever find one). It just seems like a huge money pit...which is really shitty, tbh. Game itself is fantastic, tho. I'll definitely enjoy playing the vanilla XB1 version until I have access to something better. Just hate wasting that money. Sheesh.

I bought the slandered edition but those other editions look like they were cancelled

I feel like this is one of those games where the price is gonna drop really quickly after the initial release. It will probably even be on Game Pass at some point. I just really wanted to play it right away. And I don't regret that. But, yeah...the DLC will probably have frequent sales in the future. That's just how I feel about this type of game. Diehard Hot Wheels fans will have bought the game early on, and they are going to get a good idea of the type of demand that exists for the game overall. So, once they feel like they've surpassed that, the game itself and all of the DLC are probably going to be slashed severely.

Archived