Official WrestleMania 37 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still a ways to go but right now based on the quality of their segments and how their storyline has been developing, I disagree. Lashley and Roman should be the ones main eventing since their stuff has been booked with more importance and they've been doing better work than Sasha and Bianca.

Less than a month away and only 2 matches confirmed on a two night card dir the biggest show all year. This company is such a disgrace. 

I can’t even tell you what some of these matches are gonna be because they don’t even know. 

and how is that Shane McMahon seems to have more concise plans than AJ Styles?

Isn't this year WM's theme ''Save  Your Tears''? The first post says ''Blinded by Light''.

Anyway, I feel the same about AJ Styles, if he doesn't hold a title, he just doing random stuff and occacionally inserted in multi-men title match where he obviously not winning it.

Since he lost the IC title, I don't remember any memorable feud he was involved.

3 hours ago, Bushy. said:

Less than a month away and only 2 matches confirmed on a two night card dir the biggest show all year. This company is such a disgrace. 

I can’t even tell you what some of these matches are gonna be because they don’t even know. 

and how is that Shane McMahon seems to have more concise plans than AJ Styles?

Have you not been keeping up with the shows? It's pretty easy to guess what the WM card will be. They haven't announced much because they still have one more PPV to get through and promote.

I agree with your point about AJ. I hope he won't be placed in some cluster*censored* gimmick match.

Yeah, I'm not worried about the card. A month is still plenty of time. It's not like it's next week.

Also, they're probably accounting for the fact that covid can still affect things. You wouldn't really want to flesh out your entire show and then cancel 5 matches at the last minute.

On 3/13/2021 at 12:49 PM, PaperThinWalls said:

Have you not been keeping up with the shows? It's pretty easy to guess what the WM card will be. They haven't announced much because they still have one more PPV to get through and promote.

I agree with your point about AJ. I hope he won't be placed in some cluster*censored* gimmick match.

I’ve said before I don’t keep up with the shows. But regardless of that, I listen to podcasts mostly to keep me up. It still doesn’t seem like they have solid plans and are just mashing shit together. 

9 hours ago, Bushy. said:

I’ve said before I don’t keep up with the shows. But regardless of that, I listen to podcasts mostly to keep me up. It still doesn’t seem like they have solid plans and are just mashing shit together. 

Well see, there’s your problem. lol If you were saying this around January I would have agreed with you. But since around maybe EC, the matches and storylines began to fall in place and it became easy to guess how the card was to going fill out.

I still don’t agree.

What’s Jey Uso gonna do ? Just manage Roman ?

If the Universal title picture doesn’t become a triple threat what will Bryan be doing ?

I guess Asuka’s facing Charlotte ? But now she’s feuding with Shayna ? What’s Shayna & Nia doing at Mania ? 

Roode & Ziggler/Profits facing each other ?

What’s Bayley doing ?

If they’re blowing off Strowman/Shane at Fastlane what’re they doing at Mania ?

Riddle ? Ali ? THB ? I guess Cesaro & Rollins are facing each other from what I heard ? Idk.  What about Sheamus ? :lol:

as you can see, it’s not as clear cut as it seems. 

Jason Robinson, a WWE set designer since 1995, recently spoke with METRO UK about the process of building the set for WrestleMania, and how the Show of Shows in the past have been inspired by the Star Wars franchise. Highlights can be found below. 

On his favorite color schemes being inspired by Star Wars:

One of my favourite colour schemes that I use was inspired by Empire Strikes Back, the deep blues, purples and orange backgrounds during the lightsaber duel between Luke and Darth.

Says the original SmackDown set was based off a spacecraft:

That’s one of my favourite colour combinations. I bet we get fans looking out for the colour combination in WWE now that they know! ‘Even now, sci-fi is an influence. ‘The curves on the SmackDown! set that create the forced perspective were inspired by a sci-fi spaceship drawing found during some creative research.

On his process of sketching ideas at all points of the day:

My favourite thing is carrying Post-It notes around with me and sketching ideas. And those ideas sometimes come at three in the morning or in the show,’ Jason admitted, adding that once he has an idea, it’s up to Kevin Dunn to greenlight it. ‘As soon as i know that I’m in the right direction, that’s where the work because really fun.

How his favorite part is the night before:

My favourite part of the whole design process is the night before WrestleMania. When it’s all quiet, we’ve taken months and months to design and fabricate the set. ‘I’ve done many site surveys and hours of planning. It’s 1am in the morning, all the rehearsals are complete, the stadium is quiet. ‘The lighting guys still have all the lights on and the programming is finished, and we get to quietly look around at the final design before going on air the next day.

Says that fans are going to be wowed by the Mania 37 design:

A lot of sports fans around the world have just seen the stadium. So they know what it looks like. ‘Now it’s our turn. We’re going in there to do something different. ‘I don’t think it matters whether fans are seeing it again after the Super Bowl or for the first time with WWE, they are going to love what they see.

5 hours ago, Bushy. said:

I still don’t agree.

What’s Jey Uso gonna do ? Just manage Roman ?

If the Universal title picture doesn’t become a triple threat what will Bryan be doing ?

I guess Asuka’s facing Charlotte ? But now she’s feuding with Shayna ? What’s Shayna & Nia doing at Mania ? 

Roode & Ziggler/Profits facing each other ?

What’s Bayley doing ?

If they’re blowing off Strowman/Shane at Fastlane what’re they doing at Mania ?

Riddle ? Ali ? THB ? I guess Cesaro & Rollins are facing each other from what I heard ? Idk.  What about Sheamus ? :lol:

as you can see, it’s not as clear cut as it seems. 

I'll bite. lol

Jey will be in Roman's corner. There's a decent chance Bryan will be inserted into the main-title bout. Asuka is definitely facing Charlotte (Shayna stuff will be finished on TV). Ziggler-Roode/Profits sounds right. If not, a multi-team ladder match. Bayley is a question mark that will be answered soon judging by what happened on SD. Strowman/Shane will be a rematch with a stipulation. Thought Riddle/Ali was going to WM but after RAW, not so much. Maybe Sheamus now? lol Maybe some multi-man? Cesaro/Rollins, for sure at WM.

Also, the ENITRE card (especially the undercard matches which what most of these matches are) not being booked and announced by this point is not that abnormal. When you made your original post I could've named you close to 10 matches based on the storylines happening right now, which I think is a pretty fair number to be able to guess.

Yea a lot of the main event match ups are already pretty clear, and it won't take a lot to build up undercard matches, even after Fastlane.

Speaking of Jey, I wish Jimmy was healthy enough to return and face him but probably won't be the case

5 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I'll bite. lol

Ziggler-Roode/Profits sounds right. If not, a multi-team ladder match.

I think the Mysterios win the titles at Mania. It should be Dirty Dawgs vs. Street Profits vs. Mysterios vs. Alpha Academy 

Archived