Official Elimination Chamber Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so what was the point of SD elimination chamber? Roman didn't have enough heat already?

whats the end game with Edge? he isn't wrestling full time, so I very much doubt he is winning, and even if he does... he still isn't wrestling enough to be a champion. And if Roman wins... ok, he killed the whole roster in like, half a year. what then? Brock v 2.0 reign?

Raw is such a sad state overall lmao

Drew's title reign ending like this is a damn shame. He should be going to WM as a dominant wwe champion than now as either a challenger or new champion from Fastlane.

Miz's cash in should have been a failed cash in and Bobby Lashley vs Drew at WM being a hot and strong momentum for both guys with the build up starting tonight. Instead, now the road to WM for the wwe championship is focused on Miz!

Y'know? I've been thinking...WHAT IF they took the title off Drew, so he can go in as the challenger at WM and win it in front of fans, like they wanted him to do before COVID *censored*ed things up? Still doesn't excuse his shitty booking, but I'd take it.

That is probably what's happening. Poor Lashley will finally get the belt and just be a transitional champion. Also, I forgot all about Drew versus Sheamus after all this, I guess it'll happen at Fastlane instead. Or what if we just get Drew versus Lashley at Fastlane and Sheamus actually takes the title off Miz? Crazy that there's a couple directions they could take this in.

Also, tbh, I'm more offended by Riddle winning the US title than anything lmao

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the end goal is getting the title back on Drew at WM in front of fans. That’s why they did this. Lashley would be the better opponent since he’s been protected so much but Sheamus and Drew still need to finish their grudge... All I know is they better not do another *censored*ing 3-way title match.

I’m sure Bad Bunny will cost Miz his title somehow and they go back to their rumored tag match at WM. Hopefully they pump up Priest’s involvement so he feels less like a side character. That should be their main objective for this feud. To get Priest over.

From February last year...

6chOutT.jpg

Doubt it'll happen, but crazy that he's pretty close to his goal. And if it doesn't...WM Hollywood has been postponed til 2023 so perhaps feelings have changed. :lol:

The fact that Drew beat people like Brock and Goldberg, only to lose to Miz...man...it still feels shitty the morning after. In a twisted WWE way, I'm sure they're like "It's fine because he got jumped by surprise after the chamber". But...nah, it's really not fine. Everything about Drew's character suggests he should have been able to rally and hit a claymore to retain. This was some shit booking. 

all this cunundrum just so Drew can "win again in front of the fans", is absolutely not worth it. It also doesn't make sense, since it's not the same taking it off from Bobby Lashley (who I don't mind in general), after a month long reign... and Brock Lesnar after all the shit he was pulling and Drew winning a Royal Rumble. Not to mention he is already main part of RAW as a dominant champion for almost a year now (not counting the Orton interuption). 

If they wanted to do it, then he could have lost it in the chamber and regain it at WM. But you would have to think about that at least a month or so in advance and not scramble in the last minute. 

Wonder what the rest of the SD will be doing too... since Roman is doing what he is doing and Edge just swooped in. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Miz but that felt so random and needless. The RAW main event picture, in general, is s complete cluster*censored*. I know Drew's gonna win it back soon (before or at 'Mania) but the'd be a 3-time champ already when he does it, all in the space of a year. It's overkill. Where do they even go from here? We've seen Drew vs. Lashley not so long ago, Miz still being champion come 'Mania is highly unlikely, and Drew vs. Sheamus is simply something that isn't salvageable with the time left, with everything going on with Miz, THB, Bad Bunny, etc. The title picture is so directionless it's sad.

Much better on the Smackdown front, comparatively. Thought the SD Chamber was the best match of the night, but Cesaro being eliminated by Jey was kinda lame. Firstly, because he should have won; and secondly, because it made the ending too predictable since there was no chance of Jey winning. Cesaro and Bryan as the final 2 would have told a much better story. I really hope a serious Cesaro push is still in the books. Was implied last week that he might feud with Rollins, let's hope that's the case. That's one match I would love to see at 'Mania.

Triple Threat was good and I'm super glad Riddle is champion. I know his booking isn't the best but I still love him and Lashley as US Champ had kinda overstayed its welcome, so I'm happy.

Women's tag team ending was lame as shit. Sasha shouldn't have been pinned like that so close to 'Mania. A DQ ending would have sufficed. Or a proper miscommunication between Sasha and Biance to kickstart the feud. Reginald needs to *Censored* off asap,

I was one of the few people who wanted Edge to challenge Drew instead, but him vs Reigns is making more and more sense and has my undivided attention. Should be something special at 'Mania. Can't wait for my boy to claim that gold. 

Archived