Next WWE video game news..

glennsoe

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there's some cool shit in '20 that I wish was in '19 now that I went back. Not so much the goofy moves, but shit you can actually see be used like the Aleister combo ending with the Meteora, the Slingblade/Dropkick combo for Finn, or the Superman Punch in the corner with Spear combo. Or my personal favorite, the reverse Alabama Slam into the Accolade/Game Over lmao

I care about the roster to an extent and especially legends because I play as in-game characters but my shows in universe mode is exhibition style. I care more about caw mode and moves because I also have an original caw show and that one is set up as a full show.

WWE Live

Legends of Wrestling

WCW(used for my original caws)

Legends are important to me too, but without good gameplay the game just becomes  worthless. Moves are cool but if the gameplay is choppy and uninspiring then it's not worth playing. Every wrestler plays the same pretty much, there are no individual wrestler stances or distinct abilities to separate them.  Big Show plays the same as Rey Misterio just slower and without some highflying moves. Other than that they all walk the same, run the same, move the same. There's no specific selling animations either and this is a shame, everyone just falls back like a sack of potatoes when you hit them; there's no visible distinction in selling when you hit someone in the stomach as opposed to hitting them in the head ect. Move animations need to be added.

3 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

Legends are important to me too, but without good gameplay the game just becomes  worthless. Moves are cool but if the gameplay is choppy and uninspiring then it's not worth playing. Every wrestler plays the same pretty much, there are no individual wrestler stances or distinct abilities to separate them.  Big Show plays the same as Rey Misterio just slower and without some highflying moves. Other than that they all walk the same, run the same, move the same. There's no specific selling animations either and this is a shame, everyone just falls back like a sack of potatoes when you hit them; there's no visible distinction in selling when you hit someone in the stomach as opposed to hitting them in the head ect. Move animations need to be added.

I agree that the authenticity of most wrestlers took a downward turn when they removed things like individual stances. Was that a 2K decision? Because man, it seems like things have been going downhill ever since they took the reins. 2K19 was the one beacon of shining light and then we got 2K20 lol The fact that they went all in on Originals and thought it was genuinely a great idea is super worrying.

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

I agree that the authenticity of most wrestlers took a downward turn when they removed things like individual stances. Was that a 2K decision? Because man, it seems like things have been going downhill ever since they took the reins. 2K19 was the one beacon of shining light and then we got 2K20 lol The fact that they went all in on Originals and thought it was genuinely a great idea is super worrying.

individual stances went bye-bye loooong before 2K took over.

6 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

individual stances went bye-bye loooong before 2K took over.

Yeah, I thought so but it’s hard to remember. It’s hard to admit because these games are my life, but they haven’t been good in such a long time. Even 19 could’ve been better. I was just mesmerized by things like the Japanese arenas and the new MyCareer...the great caw mode and how they look in-game...it didn’t suck so it’s easy to look back on with rose-colored glasses. “It Hits Different” is pretty much admitting it hit wrong all these years. 

29 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I still consider the games good but just not as great as it could be and in 2k20's case, overshadowed by the lack of proper bug testing and polish. Gsmeplay could be better but I don't have any major problems with it either.

2k20 can still be a fun, good time if it happens to run decently 

Even when 20 is running fine, it just has no soul. There’s more reasons why nobody enjoyed it than just the yearly glitches, bugs and crashes. Originals didn’t help but it just didn’t “feel” like what should be the greatest game ever. I personally feel graphics are the best they’ve ever been and gameplay is the best it’s ever been, but there’s still a lot missing in the presentation of it all. The new control scheme didn’t help either. I don’t “feel” like I’m having a match or “feel” like I am who I’m playing as. Nobody was feeling the MyCareer story. The showcase was fun [for me] but some of the cutscenes were buggy. I dunno. 2K releases can get to feel so soulless. I want to feel something when I play these games, so if it hits different, I hope it hits that spot in every wrestling gamers heart that it hasn’t hit yet to date. Yes, there are even fans who don’t rate 2K19 because they’ve been so burned by every other release. I wanna win them back, and I want to play and create and immerse myself happily.

I recommend the peeps in here who have never played the Smackdown vs Raw games to give them a try, if for nothing else than to just see all the s#!t that is missing from the 2K games for no good reason at all. I'd even recommend trying out the AKI games just to see how much more fundamentally sound those games are. Things make more sense during matches because there are more animations for the basics like selling, running, reversing, ect.

9 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

It is going to take A LOT to win back our trust after 2K20. They have one shot, one opportunity, to win us back. If they *Censored* it up after 2 years working on 2K22? I..AM..DONE

Again you're assuming they worked on it for 2 years but you don't speak for everyone my trust is still with them I can handle most of the glitches as long as it doesn't crash and has a decent download time I'm okay cuz the main thing that turned me off from 2020 was the ridiculous loading times for creative content

Thinking of the roster spmetimes, I Wonder if:

1.  We're getting Samoa Joe in the game,but only as an announcer

2. How many and which versions of Alexa Bliss are we getting

3. How many from nxt uk are we getting. Walter & his crew should be a given 

Anyone else have any roster thoughts?

24 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Thinking of the roster spmetimes, I Wonder if:

1.  We're getting Samoa Joe in the game,but only as an announcer

2. How many and which versions of Alexa Bliss are we getting

3. How many from nxt uk are we getting. Walter & his crew should be a given 

Anyone else have any roster thoughts?

If the teaser is anything to go by, we’re gonna be getting Cole, Graves and Saxton again. Nothing wrong with that...they’ve got so much audio in the can that it’d be almost unnecessary to start fresh with a new team unless they absolutely have to.

I brought Alexa up before...I really don’t know what they’re going to do with her. I’d prefer this dark version and the “goddess” version both being in the game, but who knows? They aren’t much for alt attires unless it’s part of a Showcase.

Far as NXT UK goes, if I get Meiko Satomura, I’m good. Kay Lee Ray is a given too. Can’t wait to see who makes it, now that so many big roster names might not be there.

Its hard to temper one’s expectations when it comes to the roster. A lot of people are gonna be missing this year. Joe was a go-to for me. I want the pre-Hogan champions to make it in the game to give it more of a sports game feel. I want as many Japanese women possible to make it in the game, which includes the likes of Meiko, Sarray, even Bull Nakano. I want the roster to feel beyond complete.

Aj Styles and Samoa Joe were the two guys that caw makers always had trouble making. Then 2K made them well, although I’ve always thought Styles could be better. I mean Joe is perfect, and now he isn’t gonna be there. It’s gonna take someone really good to recreate him in a way that rivals the ingame model. I mostly play with Stardom caws but Joe was one of the guys I loved playing with.

Think this game's commentary should be Cole/Graves/Saxton only, even if it isn't realistic. Like Anti said, there's too much audio already recorded for those three, might as well continue to add onto it and continue to improve it with those three instead of starting over and adding new teams.

7 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

If CAW Mode has had (which I expect) more improvements to how CAWs look etc? I'm not too bothered by who does/doesn't make the cut. Well I never did anyway as I'm a CAW guy, only play as CAWs.

Agreed. I only stay tuned to this franchise to make my guys with the image uploader. If I can't do that then the game is more or less useless to me. Funny though 'cause back in the days of Smackdown 2 and such it was a totally different thing. I would play as the guys who come with the game and did that well in to the SvR days. But once I saw the brilliance of the image uploader and making a caw show my opinions have changed.

CAW'ing for me didn't really become a serious thing until 2009, after I saw The D/APM's tattoo sleeved Orton CAW for SVR 2009. That was what made me get into CAW'ing a lot more. Hell, they were the reason why I joined this forum.

Which game had randy orton and other wrestlers tats in caw mode? That was awesome and it's a shame it only lasted for one game. Used Orton's sleeves tats for my main powerhouse.

You can find many great tattoo designs on community creations or upload your own images but it's still cool being able to use certain in-game wrestlers tattoos 

7 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

CAW'ing for me didn't really become a serious thing until 2009, after I saw The D/APM's tattoo sleeved Orton CAW for SVR 2009. That was what made me get into CAW'ing a lot more. Hell, they were the reason why I joined this forum.

I made some CAWs here and there back in the days but I didn't start importing my designs until 2K19 I kid you not. I was pretty late to the whole image uploader and before that had never been very good at not only art but coming up with original art. I was kinda skimming community creations hoping for something cool but nobody was really putting up much in regards to what I was looking for (apart from an Ultimo Guerrero CAW which was pretty cool, amazing actually and the great Friedful with his Aerostar CAW. That guy's a legend for the Lucha CAWs) so eventually I got tired of waiting so I said "screw it, I'll just try it myself". I started with torso and lower body designs although would use the Rey Mysterio mask seeing as I had no faith in my ability to come up with original masks that actually look clever but then some guys on here said that my CAWs were good but would be better with original masks. And them saying that was the greatest thing ever because that started my original Lucha CAW journey and have been doing it ever since. You can see my ideas in the Misc 2K19 PS4 section.

I love hearing stories of how people got into caw-making. I started with WWF Attitude but I would take liberties with some wrestlers’ attires because I wasn’t that good. I didn’t get good until around the time I got into Stardom in 2016-17. 17 years is a long time to suck at something before you get good. Lol. Hopefully 2K has a better learning curve with these games than I did.

10 hours ago, A N T I - said:

I love hearing stories of how people got into caw-making. I started with WWF Attitude but I would take liberties with some wrestlers’ attires because I wasn’t that good. I didn’t get good until around the time I got into Stardom in 2016-17. 17 years is a long time to suck at something before you get good. Lol. Hopefully 2K has a better learning curve with these games than I did.

Oh man, Attitude was the game where my love for the mode really started, i had the whole thing full of caws.
But i think my first time was with WWF Warzone.
And boy was it mindblowing to suddenly being able to create your own Wrestler.

Then the wild times with the smackdown series, being Introduced to Fire Pro Wrestling, the tons of paper for formulas, then the paint tool stuff...and now we can upload textures etc.
Ah the good old times...but i still cant believe how restricted we are in a game like 2k19.

The whole dumb blur effect, the fact that we have a limit on how far we can stretch logos and so on.
So many years yet we are sometimes more restricted than in the past.
But still, i wouldnt want to be without it and hope they do good things with it for 2k22.

Archived