Next WWE video game news..

glennsoe

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

yeh the Coming Soon thing was odd. I dont recall them doing that before.

Graphically i dont think we have to worry about it being some kinda last gen game. It looked too good for that to be Xbox One/PS4 footage

The models looked about the same, but the lighting, specifically the shine, seemed to be better.

2 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Nothing "mind blowing" but we are lucky we at least got a teaser trailer with game footage. Graphics ain't bad at all and those models definetly have to be some of the best ever for a wwe game 

TgbqX5K.jpg

What, you don't think WWE'12 Booker T is the epitome of quality?

Hm, doesnt blow me away.
The models look good for a while, and the 2k20 also looked neat because of that.

But it doesnt strike me as a new engine and that is bad because a lot of the problems come from the Engine.
So if thats the same then we have the same mess again.

Sure the additional year can help fix bad bugs etc, but you still have an engine that is outdated as hell and holds the game back.
But lets wait and see what they have done in the end, first teaser was neat but didnt blew me away.

EDIT: Also, i want the Thunderdome.

The issue with 2k20 were not the models. The lighting was off in that game it was glitch and it was a backward step from 2k19.  Whilst the trailer was nice until it addresses the weaknesses of the previous game I am unconvinced.

11 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Now I just hope I can find a PS5 or Xbox Series X in stock on many store shelves by the game's release than keep going crazy for one avaliable online

Got mine just the other day. Thank God for kijiji

1 hour ago, Graeme Jones said:

Tbh, I'm not sure if I want to upgrade to the PS5. The Xbox Game Pass is the reason really. I'm undecided at the moment. But as things stand? Will probably get 2K22 on the Series X.

Rumour has it Sony is working on a proper answer to gamepass (since Now certainly isn't it) but your point of view is certainly understandable.

58 minutes ago, The Nerd said:

B-Cross explain me how this is going to work o with the engine. Do you think it’s possible to get a great game on the current engine? 

2K19 was a great game.

Here's the thing, when most people hear game engine, they tend to think way to rigidly. Its not a simple factor of "game engine old therefore bad". It can be limiting if something in the engine wasn't built to handle an idea (for instance, the current WWE games engine is not built to handle submission holds from a turnbuckle that go into the submission mini-game, thus why the turnbuckle Bully Choke or whatever Brian kendrick changed it to is just a regular impact move). But the engine like anything else is still a bundle of code that can be edited and modified by talented coders.

The main problem, of course, is time. Working on an engine, whether modifying an existing one or creating a new one, is a lot more involved than just making a game using the engine. The issue is not that the engine is bad or anything of the like, the problem is A: They brought in a bunch of new coders who had absolutely no experience with the thing for 2K20, B: they used 2K18 as the base for some idiotic reason even though 2K19 had already fixed up a lot of stuff. C : (*Censored* off emojis) from what I can tell,  Yukes coding is already rather messy and any programmer will tell you trying to read someone elses code if it isn't extremely well done is like pulling teeth.  D : (seriously, *Censored* off emojis) 2K20s issues from what i've heard was not just code related.

Do I think a great game can be made on the current engine? Of course I do, Skyrim was made on the same engine, albeit modified, as Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Morrowind. WWE 2K19, while still rather buggy, was made on the same engine as 2K18 and 2K20. I also am aware that they would need a lot of time off (in-office as well, and likely 2 or 3 years just working on the engine without even using it to make a game) to make a new engine that wouldn't have enormous caveats, sloppy code, or severe oversights.

The goal here for 2K needs to not be "oh no engine bad we need new engine now plz yes", it needs to be sitting everyone down, getting familiar with the code and how it all works, dedicating some goddamn time to bug testing and fixing, management that doesn't sit around on their ass and leave everyone with no clue what they're doing, and a willingness to stand up to 2K and WWE and say "if we release this broken, its going to be another disaster. If we need extra time, give us the goddamn extra time".

2K20 was in my personal opinion the culmination of multiple issues with Yukes departure acting as the catalyst to trigger them. I am of the personal opinion Yukes leaving is not a bad thing, they are not blameless in the issues the games have had for years, and going across the pond on a constant basis to make a game every year was eventually going to blow up in their faces. The problem is the suddenness of it all, and no one thinking ahead. The engines age is actually something of a minor factor, I think, in it all. Whats needed is time, talent, and common sense.

The upcoming competition might also be a nice kick in the ass which the series has sorely needed.

A new engine would be nice but even as outdated as it is, it doesn't necessarily automatically mean all new or bust and can still be adapted/tweaked with improvements for next gen!

Gameplay in 2K20 is still fine and fun. The issues  are something else. For 2K21,  just improve the gameplay as much as they can, improve the character models/graphics and properly bug test before it's release and I'll be fine! Character models and graphics seems improved enough and so that's one check mark already so far

I wanna be positive about the next WWE game but I have no hope at this moment. The early preview just seems like more of the same engine. I know they've been saying theyre gonna look at what made classic games like No Mercy so great but in the end I think they are just gonna give us a working version of WWE 2K20

GUYS, a new engine is not the answer to all your problems. Please stop bringing it up if you don't actually understand what it is you're asking for and talking about. Engine is not synonymous with gameplay.

Archived