Next WWE video game news..

glennsoe

The main thing I hope they gave A LOT OF TIME FOR is bug testing! That's the biggest *censored*ing problem the WWE games series have had over the years. Yes, games will never be bug free. I'm not an idiot. However, the less bugs the better. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have very low hopes for this game. given the Pandemic, potential resources for this game working on WWE Battlegrounds, the  dire marketing  and  well WWE2k20.

so I reckon we will get to see the logo for the game and an approximate release date 

1 hour ago, Wizard of thay said:

I have very low hopes for this game. given the Pandemic, potential resources for this game working on WWE Battlegrounds, the  dire marketing  and  well WWE2k20.

so I reckon we will get to see the logo for the game and an approximate release date 

the Battlegrounds game was made by the ppl that make NBA 2K Playgrounds. so u dont have to worry about that

I’m optimistic but I feel like they could’ve kept that. After what happened with 2K20 I was expecting something mind blowing. Only because a lot of damage to the trust and relationship with the fan base is so shaky and split. However, the models definitely look much much better. It’s alpha footage so I’m willing to be optimistic as I can. They’ve had an extra year even with the pandemic I’m sure which may have hindered them a bit but let’s see what they’ve got. 

6 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

at least they're showing it. Most games u see footage years in advance. With WWE games....we are lucky if theres any footage 2months before release date

Also true we usually just get a cover trailer or whatever. The fact they showed something is also refreshing from what we were used to. 

Found on Reddit via Fightful:

WWE 2K22 was officially announced tonight. Media was briefed on the announcement Thursday with an embargo until WrestleMania. The 2K team told us they wanted to be more transparent about the process this time around, and would answer questions they could along the way. In addition, there will be more behind-the-scenes development videos. WWE sources we reached out to say they see this as a way for the producers and developers to be accountable after the last effort of WWE 2K20

3 minutes ago, Conundrum said:

It said “coming soon instead of “this fall” or whatever. Maybe an earlier release date?

Soon could mean in a year from now.

They've done that to prevent giving a release window incase of delays and whatnot. Smart move honestly. No point saying 'This Fall' if it won't be ready by then.

Well the graphics certainly didn't look too bad, though not mindblowing by any means. I would need to see more without constant quick cuts to make a proper judgement but the lghting looked good at least.

22 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Found on Reddit via Fightful:

WWE 2K22 was officially announced tonight. Media was briefed on the announcement Thursday with an embargo until WrestleMania. The 2K team told us they wanted to be more transparent about the process this time around, and would answer questions they could along the way. In addition, there will be more behind-the-scenes development videos. WWE sources we reached out to say they see this as a way for the producers and developers to be accountable after the last effort of WWE 2K20

If this isn't just lip-service then i'm glad to hear it. Until they prove it though, there's only one person in 2K whose word I trust and they haven't been around since November.

I'm  a huge critic of 2Ks advertising and marketing system (they're the opposite yet equally as awful as THQ was), so seeing them mention it this early and even show in-game models this early is, to me, a good sign.

Willing to wipe the slate clean and give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. The fact they showed actual gameplay shots (even briefly) this early is a great sign. The new community manager seems transparent and accountable. All good signs. Looking forward to seeing and reading more. 

Archived