Next WWE video game news..

glennsoe

24 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

or not allowed to work I'm not sure exactly where they are located but game building isn't consider a essential service so they may not even been allowed to work why you think lot of games got pushed back 

Work from home is a thing, and a hell of a lot easier to do when you work with computers than it is via physical labour.

They've been working on it, they'd have been idiots not to be.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the amount of wrestlers we're gonna lose vs. gain...i think might be staggering. 

Because in 2 years there hasn't been many big signings. Legend or current. I guess we'll get Walter and Kross. Unless they panic and add all of NXT UK or something.

2 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

again you cant be sure they have been they been working on is assumption at most not facts

Of all the damn people who could've come back, it had to be you. God I need to get some blood pressure pills..

28 minutes ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

indeed having everything locked behind towers is BS, as the unlocker should unlock it, as thats what you pay $ for.

I'm still pissed I couldn't play as The Fiend in 2K20! I tried the BITN DLC and it was a nightmare! A.I abusing the mechanic that prevents us from reversing was *censored*ing bullshit! Once should be enough in a match. I wish we couldn't edit that. Hopefully we can edit the amount of times the A.I can abuse it in 2K22.

3 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

If we are talking pre order bonuses, I think Bad Bunny is a safe bet for the celebrity pick. Punk is the last big preorder 2K has. I can’t think of another besides Owen which won’t happen.

They've done one celebrity in these 2K games ages ago to my knowledge so I dunno if it's a safe bet at all that there will be a celebrity pick at all.

I'm expecting the announcement to just be 2K22 being officially announced with the logo or maybe a small chance of the poster reveal. Not much but would still be cool to have something official and get the hype going a bit.

That's almost assuredly what this will be but people will still overhype it and get disappointed at the end.

There’s just something in the air that says a celebrity pick to go with the main preorder person would hit the spot just right for this year. And I wouldn’t say Punk is the last great preorder. He’s just the right one for this year. Next year, someone else will present themself. Maybe Jericho or something. You never know with WWE.

8 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

There’s just something in the air that says a celebrity pick to go with the main preorder person would hit the spot just right for this year. And I wouldn’t say Punk is the last great preorder. He’s just the right one for this year. Next year, someone else will present themself. Maybe Jericho or something. You never know with WWE.

Hopefully not, celebs in the 2K game would be a waste of time IMO

17 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Hopefully not, celebs in the 2K game would be a waste of time IMO

It would be very much in the spirit of WWE to include celebrities. I think it would help reach an audience that the games themselves aren’t reaching. I don’t know whether Battlegrounds sold any copies solely on the inclusion of the Gronkster or Damian Lillard, but it got people talking. I think Bad Bunny or Cardi B would be tremendous, as WWE 2K trailers work super hard to reach a million views on YouTube. Meanwhile a Cardi video is known to hit 6 mil over a night. And then there’s special moves that can come with celebrities, as was the case with Arnold.

I would rather have celebrity or fictional playable characters cross overs than more of their originals.

Go the Fortnite route and partner up for a cross over pack like DC, Marvel or Mortal Kombat and etc. Fictional characters are very popular on community creations and so it would be huge if there's a dlc pack with actual licensed characters and maybe an arena made by them. It's pretty much the original concept 

Then again, that would probably fit a Battle Grounds sequel more than the 2K franchise 

i just want this game to be functional. Just so many things that need tightening up. Hopefully thats what they spent time on. And not bs like Showcase or the career mode with the weird ass characters like el mago or whatever that was. (i didn't even play it).

hit detection. Strike fluidity has gotten worse over time. Lots of animations are bugged and havent been fixed (corey graves taunt...bundy's corner clothesline). Lots of animation bloat (a million saito suplexes that look exactly the same. They removed Sami zayns taunt from his tilt-a-whirl backbreaker so now it looks just like the other tilt-a-whirl backbreaker)

2k20 had this weird problem of some moves being slow...and other move animations being sped up looking.

we're at a point where you can't even irish whip someone into the ropes and reliably hit an irish whip rebound move. The opponent just runs into u awkwardly.  This wasn't a problem in older games like 2k16. 

Hopefully the controls are tightened too. How many times do i press a button and nothing happens. Or something happens but its not the action assigned to the button i pressed. 

controls is maybe one of my bigger worries. It could get worse. Or oversimplified and they take away features to make it easier for casual players.

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

It would be very much in the spirit of WWE to include celebrities. I think it would help reach an audience that the games themselves aren’t reaching. I don’t know whether Battlegrounds sold any copies solely on the inclusion of the Gronkster or Damian Lillard, but it got people talking. I think Bad Bunny or Cardi B would be tremendous, as WWE 2K trailers work super hard to reach a million views on YouTube. Meanwhile a Cardi video is known to hit 6 mil over a night. And then there’s special moves that can come with celebrities, as was the case with Arnold.

The Damian/Gronk reveal video from 4-5 months ago is at 39k while the last DLC video reveal from 1-2 months ago is sitting at 25k. The Undertaker family commercial from 6 months ago is at 46k. Damian Lillard's own YT channel posted a WWE Battleground video with Lillard's name in the title, that one is at 25k views. A video from four days ago on his channel already has 45k views. Doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention from a views standpoint.

11 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

The Damian/Gronk reveal video from 4-5 months ago is at 39k while the last DLC video reveal from 1-2 months ago is sitting at 25k. The Undertaker family commercial from 6 months ago is at 46k. Damian Lillard's own YT channel posted a WWE Battleground video with Lillard's name in the title, that one is at 25k views. A video from four days ago on his channel already has 45k views. Doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention from a views standpoint.

Yeah, people from other sports doesn’t seem to be the way to go. But celebrities on the other hand...especially ones who are known fans of the business, THAT could be money. Bad Bunny’s “ Booker T” video got about 101 million views. If any of that could rub off on a WWE 2K video, it would be for the better. Not saying the game is gonna sell an extra million copies because Bunny or Cardi are in it, but it’ll get eyes that the game won’t get otherwise; not even from The Rock’s social media. It could grab that Def Jam Vendetta type fan base.

2 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah, people from other sports doesn’t seem to be the way to go. But celebrities on the other hand...especially ones who are known fans of the business, THAT could be money. Bad Bunny’s “ Booker T” video got about 101 million views. If any of that could rub off on a WWE 2K video, it would be for the better. Not saying the game is gonna sell an extra million copies because Bunny or Cardi are in it, but it’ll get eyes that the game won’t get otherwise; not even from The Rock’s social media. It couldof that Def Jam Vendetta type fan base.

But Dame and Gronk are celebrities, they have fanbases that aren't WWE, they get people talking, and it didn't result in any obvious spike in YT views or engagement for Battlegrounds. Even on Twitter, the Bleacher Report tweet (5.8k likes) and Dame tweet (1.2k likes) announcing he was going to be in Battlegrounds are both sitting at less likes than the WWE 2K tease from yesterday (6.2k likes). If these fanbases aren't translating into any obvious engagement spikes in the content, they probably aren't translating to anything significant in terms of sales. If Arnold/Terminator did anything significant for the WWE 2K franchise from a sales standpoint I have a tough time believing they would've just stopped including celebrities just because.

5 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

They've done one celebrity in these 2K games ages ago to my knowledge so I dunno if it's a safe bet at all that there will be a celebrity pick at all.

That's almost assuredly what this will be but people will still overhype it and get disappointed at the end.

But that seems over promising when they said it's going to be over two nights

Archived