Next WWE video game news..

glennsoe

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, B-Cross said:

No. I despise EA, I would straight up just not play a game they released, period. I would be done with the series if it fell into their hands.

If WWE were to give the rights to another company who do you think it should be (if any) ? I can't really think of any because most sports games I know are either 2K or EA.

1 minute ago, cmhunter7g2 said:

If WWE were to give the rights to another company who do you think it should be (if any) ? I can't really think of any because most sports games I know are either 2K or EA.

I don't really play much sports games so I don't know what developers are good and what ones aren't. Ironically I probably actually wouldn't complain too much if THQ Nordic came a calling.

I wonder, since they're announcing it during WM, if the release date for 2K22 will be late summer instead of the middle of Fall. Assuming 2K22 is what they're announcing of course lol. The past games have been revealed around Summerslam time

eh, I'd prefer they still release around october/november, more dev time. Instead i'm hoping this means they're dropping their infuriating minimalist advertising system for it. They need to wow the crowd after 2K20s disaster, which means if I were them i'd be pulling out all the stops to show off everything they can and assure people it won't blow up in their faces again.

It’s been talked about for years that it might behoove them to announce their next project at Wrestlemania when the most people are watching. I don’t really mind when they decide to release the next game. If it’s summer, great. If it’s Fall, cool. Long as they have something coming out.

Something "functional" coming out.

I do have high hopes for this though. I'm expecting it not only to be.. you know, not a buggy mess, but with some nice features or at least existing features expanded on, and hopefully the new gen versions looking nice.

46 minutes ago, B-Cross said:

Something "functional" coming out.

I do have high hopes for this though. I'm expecting it not only to be.. you know, not a buggy mess, but with some nice features or at least existing features expanded on, and hopefully the new gen versions looking nice.

When has there ever been a WWE game without bugs and glitches, though? I expect, after an additional 6 months to a year of work, that they figured out the Yuke’s coding situation and have had time to piece together an extraordinary game that we can have fun with. I expect something great just like you, but if they release in the Summer, it is what it is. Now that they’ve had time to reset their schedule, I don’t see why Summer releases can’t be a thing going forward. That just a hypothetical; I don’t know what the hell they’re about to announce, or if it has anything to do with a new game.

24 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

When has there ever been a WWE game without bugs and glitches, though? I expect, after an additional 6 months to a year of work, that they figured out the Yuke’s coding situation and have had time to piece together an extraordinary game that we can have fun with. I expect something great just like you, but if they release in the Summer, it is what it is. Now that they’ve had time to reset their schedule, I don’t see why Summer releases can’t be a thing going forward. That just a hypothetical; I don’t know what the hell they’re about to announce, or if it has anything to do with a new game.

There is no game at all that is completely bug free, i'm not asking for an impossible task, I just don't want it to be... well, 2K20.

17 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

that assuming they worked on the game for that extra year  we dont no for sure for all we know they started last year

What exactly do you think they were doing? They have a team dedicated specifically to WWE games, and i'm fairly certain Battleground was handled by a different team, nevermind that they started taking polls and suggestions immediately after the new manager took over.

If they haven't been using that extra time, they're absolute fools.

16 minutes ago, B-Cross said:

What exactly do you think they were doing? They have a team dedicated specifically to WWE games, and i'm fairly certain Battleground was handled by a different team, nevermind that they started taking polls and suggestions immediately after the new manager took over.

If they haven't been using that extra time, they're absolute fools.

or not allowed to work I'm not sure exactly where they are located but game building isn't consider a essential service so they may not even been allowed to work why you think lot of games got pushed back 

11 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

or not allowed to work I'm not sure exactly where they are located but game building isn't consider a essential service so they may not even been allowed to work why you think lot of games got pushed back 

The WWE 2K/Visual Concepts team is supposed to be an amalgamation of the best of the best. If other smaller-scale wrestling game makers have found ways to continue working on their games throughout the pandemic, I’d imagine 2K has as well. You make a good point, but I highly doubt they did nothing for most of 2020. There’s a game...I have to believe that.

Archived