Next WWE video game news..

glennsoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So yeah, the results of the 2K poll I find disturbingly *censored*ed up. GM Mode is 1st, CAW Mode improvements are 18th on the list, and game stability is even lower. Who in THEE BLUE HELL would vote GM Mode over game stability?!

Not necessarily new game news but I think he covers a lot of concerns for the next game pretty well. It’ll be fun to look back on this time and see if we were right all along to worry, or if 2K22 manages to shut everybody up. Even the fact that it might be in between is scary. When you really, honestly look back on things, 2K19 was the only  good release 2K put out, when you compare it to what was coming out under THQ/Yuke's. It’s their last chance.

TJP may be an idiot, but cant deny his talent.
So its good to have a talented guy do the motion capture...bonus points if they made him wear a mask in the studio.XD

But anyway...good knowing that it starts with motion capture.
Funny enough, seems like the same time around the Wrestling Code guys started with their motion capture...if this here is very recent.

Either way, things are moving, im kind of excited to see what they did with the additional year...but also worried.

I.. don't think thats new footage. That exact powerbomb has been in the game for 2 years now (and STILL doesn't have a pin combo despite being a powerbomb).

Yeah, there’s no way 2K would let something like that slip. It would be more telling if that post came down immediately. Remember when Eli Drake was talking about mocapping for Hogan in an interview and they had it taken down with the quickness? They’re no fun like that. Lol. 

A usually jaded, cynical, skeptical Twitter audience is hungry and excited for any little bit of info on 2K22 they can get, so they’re doing something right. Then again, it’s been 2 years..

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should start looking into WWE 2K news as we are getting close to when things start getting into motion. Definitely not envious of the position the devs are in this year. Take a year off to really get this game on track, then get hit with a global pandemic that probably slowed development of all games across the board. But fans are still going to expect big changes and differences with this version because of the year off.

I feel like even the roster is going to need more focus than usual too. There's been such a big roster turnover since 2K20, let alone for those like me that are still rocking 2K19. I did a quick count and there are 32 wrestlers in 2K20 that are no longer in WWE (including Andrade after tonight). That doesn't even include the likes of a Lesnar or a Rousey or any other general legends that may have had their game contracts lapse or  others that may find themselves out of the game for newsworthy reasons (Velveteen Dream comes to mind). Feel like because of high expectations, a big roster cut would be looked at as a bad thing IMO just given how much time they've had on paper, so it's just another thing that the devs are really going to have to put a good focus on.

They are really gonna have to blow things away this year to get the buzz up and get people talking about the fact that this game is no longer hot garbage.

If I could go back and revise my Risings Stars Pack now that we’re close to Mania, it would look like:

A-Kid

LA Knight

Meiko Satomura

Nash Carter 

Sarray 

Wes Lee

God I hope they go back to the old DLC style. Originals was such a dud and a fear I have is that they aren’t done wasting time on that.

I wonder if E3 will be canceled/virtual again this year. I know wwe games usually aren't featured in the week event anymore but there's always that chance. If not, then will they continue the summerslam weekend tradition of doing the roster reveal and first big details?

Their marketing usually doesn't bother me much but they really need to shake things up this year than stick to the NBA 2K marketing style after what happened with wwe2k20 and 2k21 being canceled. It'll be the first game in the franchise in 2 years and first game for the new gen consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

I ain't paying money to watch wrestlemania this year so i'll have to get the details after from either social media or you guys.

I'm mostly expecting it to be announced for next gen consoles as well as current gen, and maybe a release date window. Doubt they'd show any actual gameplay.

Anyone gonna make a prediction if the graphics on the higher consoles will look better than lower? Or will it be like MGS 5 The Phantom Pain where they are practically the same? Yes I know they haven't confirmed we will see the graphics yet but still. Remember when 2K15 came out it was the first one on PS4 so it lacked features from the previous games. That is my worry with this one (and the possibility of it being as glitched as 2K20). I'm kinda hoping that the PS5 version looks the same as PS4 so guys like me who ain't got a PS5 won't be missing much haha. Kinda worried that if the graphics on the PS5 are way better they might not get all the other cool features in like the video creator. I need that video creator to do my stories for my caw show.

Should be interesting anyways.

2K15 isn't a fair comparison, that was made immediately after the switch from THQ to 2K (yes, WWE 2K14 carried the 2K name and branding but was still more or less a THQ made game), the engine was being rebuilt and direction changed; and the upgrade from PS3/Xbox 360 to PS4/Xbox One was in my opinion quite a bit more drastic than it is here.

What's more, we must remember that 2K15 received a boatload of criticism for those missing features, I doubt they want to repeat that mistake after how much of a disaster 2K20 was. As well, they've had an entire extra year to work on it; even if doing so from home that should still have counted for something.

Archived