Next WWE video game news..

glennsoe

Credit; pwinsider

Representatives of 2K are slated to be at today's WWE Royal Rumble in Tampa, Florida.

We are told that WWE talents will be recording voiceovers for the next edition of the game today.

There are also plans for most of, if not the entire roster, to be scanned for future inclusion in upcoming editions of the WWE 2K video game series.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Covid didn't hurt 2K22s development too much, there is so much riding on this one. As a fan of non-2D sim, I hope they don't blow it. I'm just worried because I'm fairly certain at least partially the problem with 2K22 was bringing in a bunch of new blood devs, and working from home cannot have made things easier for them. 

Uh, that gives me hope that they will have Carlito in the game if he sticks around...that would be...cool.XD

While the whole covid thing sucks, i hope this gives the wrestlers and 2k more time to finetune the scanning and stuff.
They dont have fan meetings and all that press stuff due to the pandemic, should give them a bit more breathing room, i hope.

Hopefully that means a new Edge face for 2k22, the one we had the last few years...sucked.
We will see, when was the first time we heard infos etc about the 2k games? Around the E3 or later?
It will be interesting to see what the additional year did...or not.

17 hours ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

that would be really sweet, as well as der ring general !

Our friend would say there's no such thing as a "lock" for these games, but WALTER has been UK champ for so long that I fully expect him to be on the roster,

7 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Uh, that gives me hope that they will have Carlito in the game if he sticks around...that would be...cool.XD

While the whole covid thing sucks, i hope this gives the wrestlers and 2k more time to finetune the scanning and stuff.
They dont have fan meetings and all that press stuff due to the pandemic, should give them a bit more breathing room, i hope.

Hopefully that means a new Edge face for 2k22, the one we had the last few years...sucked.
We will see, when was the first time we heard infos etc about the 2k games? Around the E3 or later?
It will be interesting to see what the additional year did...or not.

I doubt Carlito makes the game. I think it's just the reactionary thing to say because he was just in the Rumble. That being said, maybe Victoria makes the Hall of Fame this year and gets in the game via Legends deal, who knows? It would be cool either way; I just doubt it unless they sign him again as an active competitor and we see him regularly. 

I cant think of anyone who is supposed to be in the game that isn't. NXT was developmental, and so only a number of them made it in. Now that they're on a major network, I expect more and more NXT to appear. From NXT UK, I'm only expecting the champions. So, WALTER, Kay Lee Ray, and everyone who has held the tag titles, I expect to see in the game. There's no such thing as a lock because anyone can get in trouble or even released from now until the game comes out, and if the reason is bad enough, or WWE is feeling petty enough, that person won't make the game. For now, I think everyone who should be in the game will be in the game, because all 3 shows are on network television. I'm talking about obvious people who are key to the shows. I don't think another Ciampa incident will be happening again.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't think I'd ever be a 'roster prediction' kinda guy, but I had fun putting this together. 2K22 can easily once again have the largest roster ever, and this isn't counting Showcase and MyCareer characters:

Preorder bonus: CM Punk
Preorder celebrity: Cardi B

Adam Cole
AJ Lee
AJ Styles
Akira Tozawa
Aleister Black
Alexa Bliss
Alexander Wolfe
Alicia Fox
Andrade
Andre The Giant
Angel Garza
Angelo Dawkins
Apollo Crews
Ariya Daivari
Asuka
Austin Theory
Baron Corbin
Batista
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Beth Phoenix
Bianca Belair
Big E
Big Show
Billie Kay
Bo Dallas
Boa (Manager)
Bobby Fish
Bobby Heenan (Manager)
Bobby Lashley
Booker T
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Bray Wyatt "The Fiend"
Bret Hart
Brian Kendrick
Brie Bella
Brock Lesnar
Bronson Reed
Cactus Jack
Cameron Grimes
Candice Lerae
Carmella
Cedric Alexander
Cesaro
Chad Gable
Charlotte Flair
Chelsea Green
Christian
Chyna
Dakota Kai
Damian Priest
Dana Brooke
Daniel Bryan
Danny Burch
Dexter Lumis
Diesel
Dolph Ziggler
Dominik Mysterio
Drake Maverick
Drew Gulak
Drew McIntyre
Dude Love
Dusty Rhodes
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Elias
Ember Moon
Erik
Fabian Aichner
Fandango
Finn Balor
Finn Balor Demon
Flash Morgan Webster
Goldberg
Gran Metalik
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Hulk Hogan
Humberto Carrillo
Ilja Dragunov
Indi Hartwell
Io Shirai
Isaiah Scott
Ivar
Jake Atlas
James Drake
Jaxson Ryker
Jeff Hardy
Jerry Lawler
Jey Uso
Jim Neidhart
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
Joaquin Wilde
Joaquin Wilde (Manager)
Joe Coffey
John Cena
John Morrison
Johnny Gargano
Jordan Devlin
Kacy Catanzaro
Kairi Sane
Kalisto
Kane
Karrion Kross
Kay Lee Ray
Kayden Carter
Keith Lee
Kevin Nash
Kevin Owens
Killian Dain
Kofi Kingston
Kushida
Kyle O'Reilly
Lacey Evans
Lana
Leon Ruff
Lince Dorado
Lita
Liv Morgan
Mace
Malcolm Bivens (Manager)
Mandy Rose
Mankind
Mansoor
Marcel Barthel
Mark Andrews
Mark Coffey
Mark Henry
Maryse
Mercedes Martinez
Mickie James
Mojo Rawley
Molly Holly
Montez Ford
Mr. McMahon
Mr. McMahon (Manager)
Murphy
Mustafa Ali
MVP
Naomi
Nash Carter
Natalya
Nia Jax
Nikki Bella
Nikki Cross
Noam Dar
Oney Lorcan
Otis
Paige
Papa Shango
Paul Heyman (Manager)
Pete Dunne
Peyton Royce
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Randy Savage
Raquel Gonzalez
Raul Mendoza
Raul Mendoza (Manager)
Razor Ramon
Reckoning
Rey Mysterio
Rhea Ripley
Ric Flair '88
Ric Flair '91
Ric Flair
Ric Flair (Manager)
Ricky Steamboat
Ricochet
Riddle
Ridge Holland
Rinku
Robert Roode
Roderick Strong
Roman Reigns
Ronda Rousey
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Ruby Riott
Sami Zayn
Samir Singh
Samoa Joe
Santana Garrett
Santos Escobar
Sasha Banks
Saurav
Scarlett (Manager)
Scott Hall
Seth Rollins
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels '97
Shawn Michaels '05
Shayna Baszler
Sheamus
Shelton Benjamin
Shinsuke Nakamura
Shotzi Blackheart
Slapjack
Sonya Deville
Stephanie McMahon
Stephanie McMahon (Manager)
Steve Austin
Sunil Singh
T-Bar
Tamina
Ted Dibiase
Tegan Nox
The Miz
The Rock
TImothy Thatcher
Titus O'Neil
Tommaso Ciampa
Toni Storm
Tony Nese
Trent Seven
Triple H '01
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Tucker
Tyler Bate
Tyler Breeze
Ultimate Warrior
Undertaker '91
Undertaker '02
Undertaker 
Velveteen Dream
Walter
Wes Lee
Wolfgang
Xavier Woods
Xia Li
Zack Gibson

RISING STARS DLC PACK
--------------------
A-Kid
Meiko Satomura
Vanessa Borne
????
????
????

HISTORY OF CHAMPIONS DLC PACK
------------------------------
Bob Backlund
Bruno Sammartino
Buddy Rogers
Harley Race
Hulk Hogan '84
Iron Sheik
Ivan Koloff
Pedro Morales
Stan Stasiak
Superstar Billy Graham

• 2 weeks later...

I took some liberties, but you get the idea. Lol. Most of those new people are gonna make it in there or something’s wrong. I guess Big Show won’t be making the cut anymore. Shame. I like the big guys being in the games.

I don’t know if this means anything, but Patrick Gilmore almost never likes or retweets anything on Twitter. He liked this comment/picture:

which could mean nothing major...OR...could be an early confirmation that the new game is coming in October. Make of that what you will.

Its funny. Back in the day THQ went way overboard with their marketing and constantly oversold their games because of it, whereas 2K tends to take an infuriating minimalesque route on marketing the game.

This year, i'd like them to try and find a good middle gorund. 2K20 was such a bloody disaster, they need to market this well and focus that marketing on the improvements they've made (and they need to give assurances that its not going to be a bug riddled hellscape).

There's a decent conversation going on right now over at 2K's forums about how one would go about marketing the game this year and I honestly have no clue. I mean, what do you wanna see? How soon do you want to see it and why? How do you want it presented to you? I don't know, because I've become so accustomed to knowing nothing until we're like a month out from release. Then, no matter what all they've worked on these past 2 years, there's things they can't start working on 'til after Wrestlemania happens, so..... it's tough being in the dark from something you love like this. We want to know that they got the message with 2K20 and what all they've been working on, I suppose. But is there anything we NEED to see right now or even 3 months from now? It's a tough call.

The last few years the minimalistic marketing was horrible.
A lot i think has to do with the timespan of development and stuff like the time when they do the scanning of the people, because they do want to make the game as up to date as possible.

I would like to have a steady marketing, then i have no problem it being 2-3 months before release.
But it needs to be steady and transparent.
Give me early a few screens and some features etc, and im happy for a while, but when it goes on, go all out.

I loved the suplex city wrestler reveal thing, that was cool as hell.
And i know they cant do wrestler of the day because you cant do that when the roster is 100+ strong.
But i would love to see wrestlers of the day, maybe showing 3-4 a day.
I just love this idea of showing us the entrance and the signature/finisher...its a cool concept.
Maybe with a new highlight reel system they could even do it in a cool style, i dont know.

Another problem i feel is that the wwe doesnt seem to take the wwe2k series as important as they might should do.
Yeah they do the marketing and all, but when you hear how they worked with the developers over the years, it seems the importance is not that huge.

It would now be the perfect time to fully use the fact that the wrestlers dont have houseshows and such a packed calendar, to bring them to the 2k studio for motion capture and stuff...if they want to.
Imagine entrances and moves not done by development talent, but by the real wrestlers...that would be so cool.
I know that is asking quite a lot, but that would be sweet.
But i think that goes a bit off topic, sorry.

YES ! AGREED ! Im pissed that I cant do these images because the image loader problem was "fixed" awhile ago despite the fact that they clearly lied about it. I have made alot of images that i would like to use/see in game but cant due to unspecified errors, not being banned or anything but something on their end, most likely if I were a betting man its because I also had 2k19 on my PS4 as well as 20.

Archived