Official NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Y3szVfe.png?1
Date: 14 February 2021, 7 PMET/4 PMPT
Venue: Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE PC)
#NXTLoud Theme(s): TBA

NXT Championship Match
Singles Match
Finn Bálor (c) vs. Pete Dunne
KkKuY7H.jpg

NXT Women's Championship Match
Triple Threat Match
Toni Storm vs. Io Shirai (c) vs. Mercedes Martinez
QA4Lpqa.jpg

NXT North American Championship Match
Singles Match
Johnny Gargano (c) vs. KUSHIDA
TL4qwiJ.jpg

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals
Tag Team Match (Winners earn a future NXT Tag Team Championship opportunity)
MSK vs. Grizzled Young Veterans
ED3b7rq.jpg

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals
Tag Team Match (Winners earn a future Women's Tag Team Championship Opportunity)
Dakota Kai & Raquel González vs. Shotzi Blackheart & Ember Moon
0REQwSn.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of, I hate that they're rushing Raquel into becoming a bigger star before Dakota. It's like if AEW put the world title on Wardlow before MJF. Do I wanna see it??? Yes. But wait your turn lol

I'm cool with NXT having multi-person title matches every once in a blue moon. The only time I think the men's NXT Championship wasn't fought for in a single's match was the Iron Man match last year lol. Other than the Triple Threat where Io won her title, we had the Fatal 4 Way when Asuka was champ and that match was fun.

Also a triple threat might mean there's a bigger chance of Toni winning but idk

I just don't like how a champion can lose their title without getting pinned. It's one thing for a heel to win by doing that (a source for heat). But a babyface doing that?!? WTF?!? I think that is one of many things that has marred Io's title reign for me. She became champion by bullshit means. And if she loses by those means? Well, I won't feel bad. That's sweet justice to me.

I like Toni because she has good psychology and is very good at selling. She's not as athletic as some others but that doesn't matter much to me.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:49 AM, Jeb ? said:

I'm cool with NXT having multi-person title matches every once in a blue moon. The only time I think the men's NXT Championship wasn't fought for in a single's match was the Iron Man match last year lol.

Besides that, the only other one I can think of is the main event of Fatal 4-Way, the second ever Takeover (I think), all the way back in 2014, where Pac defended the title against Tyson Kidd, Tyler Breeze, and Sami Zayn.

4 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Gargano is out of the match and replaced by Austin Theory according to pwinsider

That match will actually be tonight.

A shame for KUSHIDA, but I think Theory versus Dexter Lumis would make more sense to replace their match altogether on Sunday.

I hope after In Your House and Halloween Havoc (sorta) that they continue the trend of remaking classic sets. The one they recycled for a few years from Vengeance '03 was one of my favs.

Archived