AEW Revolution 2020 Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

Predictable Paper Walls opinion, tbh. Almost heard you saying something along those lines when I typed it. 

It's a match type that people inside the general WWE fanbase don't enjoy or know about, sure...but FMW is a huge part of wrestling history. And those classic exploding deathmatches are beloved by plenty...even if only as a novelty. It's reminiscent of bygone era. And if they do it right, it will be a nice final chapter to a part of wresting history that never got much love stateside. If it's not for you...that's perfectly fine. But, saying it's a "cry for attention" is a bleak reaction to something that is actually being done as an homage.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe. I guess I can be predictable.

Your post just gave the impression the Japanese Deathmatch is this very respected and beloved match-type by so many fans. And my impression is that it's more split if anything. It's one of those things where you either like it or you don't.  As for JLJM's "cry for attention" comment, I thought they were referring to the drawing, but I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Hehe. I guess I can be predictable.

Your post just gave the impression the Japanese Deathmatch is this very respected and beloved match-type by so many fans. And my impression is that it's more split if anything. It's one of those things where you either like it or you don't.  As for JLJM's "cry for attention" comment, I thought they were referring to the drawing, but I could be wrong.

I've never seen the match type and tbh it sounds abysmal, but that said, I really enjoy the likes of the ROH Pure matches more than the hardcore spectacle. I find the well executed technical matches to be far more entertaining than and indy deathmatch type (Jungle Boy vs Dax Harwood was a  great AEW match). I suppose it's coz I am an old hand with wrestling and I find it hard to swallow the overly gimmicked, hat on a hat, type matches.

Warning;  bit of a rant  up next

I also get very put off by the booking in AEW - a lot of it doesn't make sense. E.g. Inner Circle beats up the Buck's father and Matt & Nick walk down to the ring and monologue before getting in to it...if it's me, I'm blasting through the crowd with a lead pipe and letting my actions speak. Another example is Cody - why TF is he going so long with undercarders? Don't tell me that it's to elevate them, coz it makes Cody look weak. And that's only two examples.

OK, rant over.

I am an AEW fan and will watch with as much of an open mind as I can. It's on Omega and Mox to show that this match can be entertaining and make sense.

So it seems the two popular guesses for the last spot in the ladder match are...

"All Ego" Ethan Page, who just left Impact. The other is "Speedball" Mike Bailey, who's US travel ban ends this month. Both sound solid to me.

10 hours ago, Generations said:

Varsity Blondes should win that battle royal. Proper way to give them something tangible. Nobody else stands to gain anything from it, IMO.

Those two are vanilla as hell. The team is basically a "developmental" gimmick for them, or at least that's how I see it.

I think I want Death Triangle to win it. I love PAC and Fenix's chemistry. Just the same, I can't not cheer for my boys Jurassic Express.

IMO...the teams most likely to win (by degree of likeliness):

1) Some variation of Dark Order (they have three different teams in there for a total of six members)

2) Jurassic Express (the fan favorites)

3) Santana and Ortiz (the legit team that keeps getting overshadowed by other members of Inner Circle)

4) Butcher and Blade (the legit tag team that never seems to win shit)

5) Pillman and Garrison (the young underdogs who would benefit more from the win than anybody else)

Pac and Fenix are the two best athletes in the match...but Rey's primary partner is Penta, and it makes sense for him and Pac to have cracks in their teamwork.

The problem is that twitter is hyping up that its gonna be Punk/Angle/Big Dave/Christian but if its anyone but them its a let down now. I would have never announced a signing. Would have just had the show up.

Also christ slow down with the signings, the roster is almost at 100 wrestlers alone.

23 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Also christ slow down with the signings, the roster is almost at 100 wrestlers alone.

Nah...they need more signings. But the problem is that they also need to let some people go. Get Brandon Cutler, Marko Stunt, Peter Avalon, Michael Nakazawa, and all of the Gunns tf outta here.

Btw...the actual roster doesn't have that many people. Most of the people on Dark aren't signed. 

Still...they do need more signings. They need more main event guys, so it can stop being the Kenny and Mox show. No one on their roster comes close to those two...with the next in line being Hangman Page at a considerable distance. (And Cody can't challenge for the world title, per his own rule). I could see Pac, Fenix, Penta, and even Kingston being champion eventually...but, there's still a large gap between where they are and where Mox/Kenny are elevated to.

Kurt Angle keeps tweeting that vid...it's an awesome video but the shot of his old face at the end makes me sad lol

Also, are they not offering PPV on PS5 like they did on PS4?

So dumb, Fite is only available for outside the US. But whenever I ordered on PS4, they took it from the Fite feed. So which is it? :lol: Don't fail me, B/R Live.

They deleted the tweet, but Reba/Rebel is out of the Buy-In. I heard someone throw out there the Impact Knockouts Champion's name since her and the Doc are good friends. ?

The heels at ringside chanting "sucks" in between the Hangman chants make it sound like he ain't over. They should stop that lol

Alvarez pitched that the Dark Order may turn on Hangman after declining their friendship and join Matt Hardy. Matt was originally pitched as their leader before Brodie so it would be full circlr for that to happen. But man, would it break my heart. Hardy has enough goons with Private Party and TH2 anyway.

LET'S GO.

Archived